Server time: 2017-08-23, 02:33

Sign in to follow this  
hangman

preemptive robbing

hangman    0

i was wondering... if i see a group of survivers coming towards me (say, a seaweedmonster and two normal guys, with guns n sniprs n stuff) and i'm pretty sure one of the first things they'll say is "lay down on the ground" etc. can i preemptivly rob them?

if i am the first to issue orders and demands before being robbed myself they have to comply or be shot, thus giving me an advantage as opposed to have to lay on the ground and be robbed anyway.

i dont know if the text above is sane and/or clear to understand, but i tried my best.

Zoarial    0

Yes you can rob them it is no different then them robbing you, the same rules apply and they have the same ability to shoot you for robbing them, and you must give them the same fair time ~8 - 10s between commands to follow them before shooting. But yes you may rob someone before you are robbed.

Guest Obvious   
Guest Obvious

"Killing other players is ONLY allowed in following situations:

- You are being attacked/robbed/kidnapped by a bandit

- You are a bandit and the person you are trying to rob/kidnap is trying to escape"

If one

Doesn't that mean that both parties will end up shooting each other without giving each other the same fair time?

*Alpha wants to rob Bravo*

*Bravo wants to rob Alpha*

*Alpha doesnt want to be robbed*

*Bravo doesnt want to be robbed*

*Alpha decides to kill Alpha for not complying*

*Bravo decides to kill Bravo for not complying*

Rolle    2462

Yep, if you rob them first or they you, it doesn't really matter. I think if they rob you first you have an advantage, because you can shoot first before they can shoot you.

hangman    0

this point has never been really clear to me - the moment someone tells me to lie down i can allready start shooting? at what point the act of robbing stars actually?

about the advantage: if i give them enough time they will encircle me, at which point i would have no chance in a firefight

Jij    0

Don't let them get close enough to make contact imo

hangman    0

the question is rather about a situation when you "bump" into them, or they are hiding nearby and waiting for you, like e.g. stary tents.

if i tell them to lie down first and they comply, i have a greater chance of escaping, if the do not comply i can be pretty sure of ther motifs.

last time in stary i almost died, because i had to "wait" till the robbery offically began, thus being in a bad starting situation. only their blind sniper and my cross-running-skills saved my survivorous cheeks.

Murray    6

So for clarification, say A wants to rob B.

A says to B to drop his weapons. A has to give B time to comply (given the rules), say 10 seconds or whichever. B doesn't comply, so after 10 seconds, A fires upon B, killing him. Thats fair game.

But now say A tries to rob B, A is about to give B the 10 or so seconds to comply but B automatically shoots A after A stating he wishes to rob B. Is B committing a legit kill?

In short, if you're being robbed, you can basically KoS the robber without having to give him any form of response time, compliance time, or even verbally make contact with him?

Guest Vulcan   
Guest Vulcan

Murray makes a good point, and as a very new member it would be good to clarify.

SuperDarly    0

From the server rules, bolded the applicable.

Killing other players is ONLY allowed in following situations:

- You are being shot at

- You are being attacked/robbed/kidnapped by a bandit

- You are a bandit and the person you are trying to rob/kidnap is trying to escape

- Another player is stealing your items/vehicles

- Another player has stolen your items/vehicles, you have 2 hours to reclaim them before they are no longer considered yours.

Therefore, once a robbery has begun the victim can open fire at any point to defend themselves or their items. However the bandit must wait until the victim is non-compliant or fires on them to start firing.

Guest TheBorg   
Guest TheBorg

What is a robbery though? If I bumb into someone in a high density area like Stary, tell the man to drop the gun(for the sake of my own safety), he drops it. I let him pick it up again (Within +- 15 sec), apologize for the fuzz and run off again. Will the player be able to claim a robbery on me and shoot me to bits?

"Robbery is the crime of taking or attempting to take something of value by force or threat of force or by putting the victim in fear." (wikipedia)

Murray    6

What is a robbery though? If I bumb into someone in a high density area like Stary, tell the man to drop the gun(for the sake of my own safety), he drops it. I let him pick it up again (Within +- 15 sec), apologize for the fuzz and run off again. Will the player be able to claim a robbery on me and shoot me to bits?

Another valid point. What is stopping a player from automatically shooting anyone who shouts "STOP!" at them? Surely that becomes a legit kill, since "STOP!" appears to be a valid form of initiating a robbery these days on DayZ RP servers.

hangman    0

As i understand the situation at the moment i can shoot anybody who uses the following words/phrases: on sight

Stop!

drop your weapon!

stop your car!

down on the ground!

Dont move!

Osaka    15

Not everyone has a good voice and or loud enough.

When a voice over robbery fails, at least try the direct chat by text at least once.

Especially in a vehicle, the engine noise might overpower the "STOP" shout over direct voice chat.

You don't have to unload on people who cannot hear you well.

hangman    0

the problem in this thread is a diffrent one - its about what you can do to not get a disadvantege while being robbed, and when you are allowed to KOS during a robbery