Server time: 2018-08-20, 03:09

Sign in to follow this  
Moxy

[TUTORIAL] How to Increase your FPS in DAYZ Mod

You do know that DayZero gives you much better FPS than normal DayZ?

But we don't play DayZero so that is irrelevant?

You do know that DayZero gives you much better FPS than normal DayZ?

But we don't play DayZero so that is irrelevant?

Well, I am just saying that you will get much better fps on that mod then normal DayZ which what the first video was. Anyway it does not matter.

What if I am a marksman or a scout, if my visibility is set to low...the viewing distance is not very good. how does it affect the binoculars and rifle scopes, can I see players beyound my visibility distance?

You should be fine. Give it a go and let me know what you think.

Cheers moxy, got some extra 5 or so frames and im playing in better quality then before!

Strangely for me so far i get better frames with Vsync on...

Guest Hydra

This guide is accurate in ways to increase FPS.

+1

This guide is accurate in ways to increase FPS.

+1

Thanks, that was certainly the goal!

Thanks a lot for this thread, I get decent FPS in game with everything maxed out but sometimes gets a little choppy for no reason (Just when running around in a field, it looks bads). I'll edit these settings and report back :D

Side note, Does anyone know how to view your FPS on DayZ RP?

Thanks a lot for this thread, I get decent FPS in game with everything maxed out but sometimes gets a little choppy for no reason (Just when running around in a field, it looks bads). I'll edit these settings and report back :D

As far as i know there is no way to use a command or anything to see your FPS. But if you have FRAPS you can use that, Ive heard Nvidias Shadowplay program has a way to see your FPS.

You can also install Overwolf which is a Teamspeak Overlay program and it shows your FPS + you get the TS overlay so you can see who is talking on TS while you're ingame :)

(To install it I think you can go onto teamspeak then hit the Tools tab and then click Overwolf)

As far as i know there is no way to use a command or anything to see your FPS. But if you have FRAPS you can use that, Ive heard Nvidias Shadowplay program has a way to see your FPS.

You can also install Overwolf which is a Teamspeak Overlay program and it shows your FPS + you get the TS overlay so you can see who is talking on TS while you're ingame :)

(To install it I think you can go onto teamspeak then hit the Tools tab and then click Overwolf)

Thanks! I'll install Overwolf now and test it out when I get a chance.

Does Overwolf work on the mod now?

With the DayZRP mod? Yes, works fine been using it all day.

Nice guide, I do have to add tho that if you turn off V-Sync, your graphics card will usually go even above 60 FPS if it CAN, which tends to cause unnecessary overheating, since its pushing for lets say 80 FPS instead of keeping it on 60 FPS which is more than enough...

not applicable in this situation maybe but in some other games

Indeed. Must try that to see if it feels more smooth. Thank you.

Thanks for the guide. I have a better GPU than my CPU, and setting my graphics to high instead of normal gave me 10 frames. Bravo!

Guest Fuzzy

-thread-

Thanks man :D

No need to quote the whole Thread.

I might also add that the

-winxp

function will give you at least 20 FPS more.

Guest Grumby

I might also add that the

-winxp

function will give you at least 20 FPS more.

What's that?

It's a command line function. That you attach to your shortcut target line. Or in Steam its called set launch options.

you can add alot of functions in the there. Alot of Arma 2 modders such as myself, we use them all the time for engine debugging.

[email protected] for example will activate the mod. There are many other functions.

Also for FPS issues.

you can have :

-nomap -nosplash

-nosplash is soooooo goooooddd it stops the game from always using that long ass loading screen.

SO my command line is:

-winxp -nosplash -nomap

Enjoy.

-stuff-

-nosplash is soooooo goooooddd it stops the game from always using that long ass loading screen.

SO my command line is:

-winxp -nosplash -nomap

Enjoy.

What does -nomap does?

Sign in to follow this