Server time: 2017-08-16, 23:46

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Langarl

DayZ RP Panthera Suggestion

Guest Langarl   
Guest Langarl

I don't know if there is many of you that have tried the new Panthera Map for DayZ, it's a really good map and almost the size of chernarus. The map is based on the wilds, with huge mountains and pretty much vehicle support, you can enter almost every house.

I thought it would be a good suggestion for the RP Community to test something new perhaps based on same rules as the ordinary rp servers and whitelist protection, since the rp servers is almost full everyday, and it would get boring to play same map over and over again.

Q895g.png

Here is the map for Panthera

fullpantheramap.png

Tomeran    3

This map looks really interesting. Especielly since there seems to be something resembling a river, a natural feature I really missed in cherno.

Also, a place called "New Skooma"? Fits perfectly with the Nords theme song!

Guest Obvious   
Guest Obvious

Problem being, the mountain sides are too steep and it feels a bit like a tdm map sometimes ;/

Blizzard    0

its a lil small altho beautiful, i would suggest the taviana map when its finnished,

25x25 km takes 3 hr by car to get from one end to the other, and is realistically built. it also has freeways and a large bridge going to a large island. has a huge open world feel to the map.

i know someone who has the map mostly done and ported for dayz use

Guest Obvious   
Guest Obvious

25x25? Thats like 3 times as big as chernarus :o

Would love that <3

Ah, it's 80% water lol xD

The islands themselves are quite small ;c

Leviathan    0

played quite a lot on panthera recently.

Has its benefits: well designed nature, new and enterable buildings, some beautiful sights, good overlook positions, dangerous places for obvious ambushes.

But its downfalls, too: many strange placement bugs (hovering tents&buildings) tropical and european vegetation standing side by side, some unfinished towns, too much good loot. Overall synthetic feeling on many sights.

Overall I prefer Chernarus, due too its highly detailed environments and grim atmosphere, large, open woods etc.

Definitely going to test taviana, though! looks very promising.

Blizzard    0

islands in taviana are 15km and 10km in diameter , not to mention the 10 smaller islands dotting the sea