Server time: 2017-10-17, 06:03
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
deadenddan

A hermit among you

deadenddan    0

A friendly hello to everyone on this server!

My name is DeadEndDan, but you can call me Bear Man (my IGN). I will be joining the server very soon as I've already been accepted for the whitelist. I plan to record my progress on this server through a video series titled "The Bear Man Chronicles" and invite any player who wishes to participate in a more active roll to PM me for additional information. I plan on making the videos a semi-narrative driven account of my encounters across Chernarus.

Character synopsis: I will play Bear Man as a nomadic character who has lived his entire existence in the outskirts of civilization. While he has no problems with surviving and thriving outside the modern world before the zombie attacks, it has become more difficult for him to continue that way of life in light of the new dangers around him. (ie zombies, bandits, camp thieves, etc). His standard pack of gear will revolve around civilian style weapons (CZ 550, Remmington, M1911, etc) and I will only resort to trading/looting cities/using equipment outside of those parameters if necessary. Who knows, I could have episodes of maybe obtaining an automatic weapon or vehicle (AKs and Jeeps are a serious deal to him).

I hold no affiliation to any group or faction, nor do I ever plan to in the near future. I have attached the tag "[Hermit]" to my name as an additional step in identifying what kind of character I want to play.

I've included a map of where I plan to build my possible camp. Why have I decided to include the location of my camp, you ask? I have no fear of bandits. If they rob me, they will find nothing they can't get from the houses in Cherno. Want to hold me hostage? Sure, I don't know what ransom you are hoping to collect.

rVEXz.jpg

I look forward to playing with all of you. I will begin my first recording at 11AM CST.

Guest cleaner_leon   
Guest cleaner_leon

Hey buddie,

nice to see someone who is taking the roleplaying part on this server so serious^^

looking forward to meet you.

ingmane name Jigger.

deadenddan    0

Hey buddie,

nice to see someone who is taking the roleplaying part on this server so serious^^

looking forward to meet you.

ingmane name Jigger.

I look forward to meeting you as well Jigger. My opinion has always been this: Why join a roleplay server if you have no intentions of roleplaying your character? I mean, if I just wanted random DayZ action there are hundreds of servers out there I could join. I joined this one for the opportunity to flesh out a serious character without mindless DMing, massive quantity of hackers, or the like and with those who potentially take the whole roleplay aspect serious as well.

Osaka    19

Ah, another Hermit. I seriously thought I was alone there. (no pun intended)

I might be bumping into you one day.

deadenddan    0

Ah, another Hermit. I seriously thought I was alone there. (no pun intended)

I might be bumping into you one day.

This is very true.

I will say this: If you are friendly, then look no further than my camp for a place to throw down a bunk, cook up a hot wild boar steak and have a Coke or two. If you are hostile, please do not mistake my kindness as weakness. I can be just as deadly with a Winchester as you can with an assault rifle.

Tomeran    3

Good character approach! I originally planned the nords to be a group of something like this, but came to the realisation that most of us arent experienced enough roleplayers to pull it off well. :P

Also, love your picture. Maximum grizzledness!

Osaka    19

I use direct voicechat to make sure people don't mistake me for a murderer. I am a medic, I cure people.

I have a pistol, but that is just because I cannot cure zombies with anything else.

Bandits can rob me of my medical supplies, but I give them away regardless, all they have to do is ask, no need to kill me for it.

I am actually interested in something like this, though I doubt anyone want to listen to me talk.

If need be, I got a tent or two you can have.