Server time: 2017-08-17, 19:33

Sign in to follow this  
Pepin

Toll Roads, Highway Men, and Currency

Do you believe these ideas can help improve Chenarus?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe these ideas can help improve Chenarus?

• Yes?
    • No?

Pepin    0

Chenarus Improvement Suggestions

My suggestion for the DayZRP server and community is to have a couple of player-manned toll roads around Chenarus. The toll roads can be used in specific safezones to stop vehicles to pay a certain amount of "currency" and to have their vehicles checked for any contraband like explosives and other hazardous items that can pose a threat to the safezone. This can help reduce the chance of accidental explosions in the trading post or other safezones that have occured recently. The toll roads can be constructed using barbed wires and tank traps to warn the driver to slow down and be ready to pass the checkpoint.

Highway Men: I believe the bandit scenario is already familiar within the DayZ game but I think we can bring it up another interesting path. What Highway men can do is stop your vehicle in the middle of uncharted or dangerous territory and warn you to pay a certain amount of "currency" in order to pass safely, if they don't have the currency necessary to get in, then they can pillage the vehicle of any items or take the vehicle all together. It is sort of like a bribery for bandits and survivors.

Currency: I believe the kind of currency that should be generalized within Chenarus should be specific items such as soda cans. The soda cans come in three varities called Coke, Pepsi, and Mountain Dew. I believe we can have regions of currency with these cans to show affliation and value. Neutral and police clans can use Coke cans as their own standard currency within their regions while official bandit can use Pepsi cans as their own currency within their region. The Mountain Dew cans can act as generalized type of currency between both clans while having a better value than the other soda cans.

It is nice to trade items for other items but I believe after a while we should be suited enough to evolve into a more complex type of market. A good example to this currency can be NCR Dollars and Legion coins used in Fallout New Vegas while bottle caps retained as the general form of currency.

Azcrazie    0

I like the idea of a Currency and I believe someone posted about the possibility of RP points. One problem I see is that drinks are not that valuable to alot of players. However if players could exchange the cans for some admin controled shop items I think it could work.

Example:- Banditman83 has 10 cans of coke and 5 dew's, he could then look at the shop and choose stuff. He then looks at the shops schedule and sees its open from 16:00-19:00(so it can be easily managed). He then meets the admin at the TP and makes the trade. shop items could be very basic stuff to.

Shop Example

1-can= 1-can O' beans

2-cans= 1-filled canteen

3-cans= A watch

5-cans= A compass

5-cans= A Jerry Can

5-cans= A blood pack

10-Cans= A basic assault type weapon(AK-74,M-4Plain,Saiga 12, ETC...)

15-Cans= A assault weapon W optics

20-Cans= A nice assault weapon with optics and suppressor/GL or a rare weapon

25-Cans= NVG's/GPS or something of that nature. (I dont know what those are worth)

30+-Cans= vehicular starting with junk cars to jeeps and rovers.

PS: this is just a quick idea that I through out when Pepin mentioned Fallout.

Guest LtCptSuicide   
Guest LtCptSuicide

I believe this to be a right good idea, however. I don't see the highway man working out so well.

HM:Hey buddy there's a toll. Gimme yer loot or get the boot.

LT:Yeah, yeah buddy let me just step out and... *boom* shotgun.

HM:*drops*

LT:*drives away*

All I see is it just being the same as any other bandit. Sorry.

Guest rivfader   
Guest rivfader

currency by the soda cans and/or food (stakes specially) would be an awesome idea for the end game. and it´s quite simple too as long as the prices are right and reasonable. the more you have, the more you can get.

Guest Insan3 Crab   
Guest Insan3 Crab

I like steaks, or maybe steaks and soda both. I spend a lot of time out in the boonies where cows are a lot more common than supermarkets and restricting the currency to something that you have to be near civilization to acquire leaves out a significant demographic of people who avoid town for the most part.

there is actual money in island life, so it is posible, and the code is out there.

we would just need someone to mod some stuff.

the cash could fit into our tool slots so it doesn't take up valuable space, and stacks infinitely.

i dunno if that would break anything in the way the current code, or the code used for/by the hive works.

admins can give out jobs for pay as a way of initially injecting cash into our economy, then once they feel there is enough going around they can stop giving out jobs.

i dont think money should be able to be found just lying around.

maybe the ability to find some loose change on a dead zed once in a while would be ok.

also, it looks like weapons and ammo are the current currency.

maybe that can be developed further.

an exchange rate for ammo based off of rarity=value could be agreed upon and set.

but then we run into the problem that ammo takes up valuable space.

Guest Boris Grigorev   
Guest Boris Grigorev

Problem we also have is without the arma currency, high value items would require too much space for currency. Until a true currency like the one on arma is released the trade system makes much more sense

Pepin    0

I believe this to be a right good idea, however. I don't see the highway man working out so well.

HM:Hey buddy there's a toll. Gimme yer loot or get the boot.

LT:Yeah, yeah buddy let me just step out and... *boom* shotgun.

HM:*drops*

LT:*drives away*

All I see is it just being the same as any other bandit. Sorry.

That's pretty much an example of KoS right there. It's very simple just to have the Highway Man aim a weapon at the driver to keep the driver form pulling any stunts like that.

Guest LtCptSuicide   
Guest LtCptSuicide

I mostly just wrote it like that to show that there is nothing to keep the highway man from just being turned down or shot. I feel it's pointless tp give two names to one thing. It's just a bandit, unless there is something that makes them terribly different I think it shouldn't be renamed for scenarios so that we avoid confusion.

I don't support the idea of currency. Let people figure out for themselves what they find worthy trades. I wouldn't want to be bound by being paid with soda cans as they are basically worthless.

Also I don't agree with the idea of any shop offering items that are not looted in DayZ itself. If people can just buy NVG's with a bunch of cans in no time everyone's going to have one. Wasn't this on of the reasons we don't play on public servers anymore?

As for the highwaymen; what is there to stop you from doing this now?

Hagen    0

this sounds like the kind of thing my group would be interested in :)

Guest Dr.Duff   
Guest Dr.Duff

What would be the rules on this scenario:

Highwaymen:Stop or I'll shoot!

Me:*Floors it running over highwayman*

Highwaymen:*Open fire destroying vehicle and everyone inside*

Surely this scenario means that it won't hardly ever work?