Server time: 2017-10-19, 09:14
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
scottsm

To the warring clans...

scottsm    0

Check ur friggin target b4 you unleash a bullet storm. Got pegged by a couple bullets earlier in petrovka while trying to escape the fight. Not everyone in the war zone(s) is an enemy. Also most people don't know where the war zones are. Now I gotta hit every grocery store in western chernus when I get off work because I'm half dead and seeing grey. Maybe you guys should decide where to fight ahead of time so these accidents don't happen as often.

Glad I'm not dead... but I could do without the holes in my body.

Guest farbaute   
Guest farbaute

Yea this is fucking bs.. The admins vary like hell on the KOS rules.

Then when things like this happens; "it was an accident".. So what?

Make sure you are killing the right target..

People shooting innocent people should get banned.

There is no "war zones", and if they are. Mark them on the map so people know where they are..

Blizzard    0

when a war starts the clans should mark that it isnt safe to be there when they war.

its not hard to click on the map and put a word like "danger war" so people avoid unless they want to be part of it.

Leviathan    0

when a war starts the clans should mark that it isnt safe to be there when they war.

its not hard to click on the map and put a word like "danger war" so people avoid unless they want to be part of it.

so true...

Blizzard    0

so true...

the area would be an enter at your own risk kinda area till the heat blows over.

Guest Obvious   
Guest Obvious

Marking option isnt there for nothing :P

Great idea ;)

SuperDarly    0

Marking the map is a fantastic idea. Not everyone keeps tabs on the shoutbox while in game, and the map is an in game item that everyone starts with.

IsoNeko    0

You're being preposterous, a lot of you.

The idea that people 'check' targets when we have around 5 character models to choose from is ludicrous. You can't "check" a target. Any unidentified player in the middle of a warring zone can, and reasonably should be marked as enemy.

The very nature of the KoS rules on this server already limit the ability to kill other players to pre-arranged clan wars with both sides approving deaths on each side, and to limit it even more so that they can only shoot when they're in a 40m chat range to 'check' these targets is ludicrous at best, and downright idiotic at worst.

No, really. Imagine how this idea of 'checking' targets would work when nameplates are disabled.

[Clantag A] Player A: Hello, are you of Clantag B?

[Clantag B] Player B: Yes, I see from your chat that you are of Clantag A. We can now engage in hostillities my good friend.

As near as I can tell, the maps cannot be marked universally. All player marks are unique to that individual player, that, or nobody has ever put a mark on the map that I've seen.

So before some of you start flapping your gums, saying things like;

Yea this is fucking bs.. The admins vary like hell on the KOS rules

Then remember, the Admins have provided you with a hell of a lot, and given you an atmosphere that is practically rainbows and darn fairies compared to the AS50 sniping riddled Chernarus of Public servers. If you just so happen to get caught up in a gang war, accept that mistakes happen, and its your own fault for thinking every single player/area on this server is friendly.

Guest farbaute   
Guest farbaute

Isoneko: So? Does that mean they shouldn't uphold the rules they have?

How can they call it a no KOS when its ok to KOS some random person who walks into stary without knowing there is a clanwar there? Then they say the random person should have known better then to walk into a place where people have been shooting. Since when did the rules of NO KOS change to that?

I and many others have long fought for a FFA zone where people can actually be killed without interaction.

Or a post like TP but where the players can fight eachother to control it.

Still nothing.

And what the hell is this; "ts your own fault for thinking every single player/area on this server is friendly" thats a stupid logic when the rules says that you can't kill other players just like that.

But hey, i guess some people do like to suck up to the admins.

SuperDarly    0

IsoNeko: Regarding the maps, you are incorrect. Because all survivors are on the same team due to the limitations of the ArmA 2 engine, any markings that a survivor makes on the map can be seen by all other players. I believe they last until a server restart.

scottsm    0

Isoneko: So? Does that mean they shouldn't uphold the rules they have?

How can they call it a no KOS when its ok to KOS some random person who walks into stary without knowing there is a clanwar there? Then they say the random person should have known better then to walk into a place where people have been shooting. Since when did the rules of NO KOS change to that?

I and many others have long fought for a FFA zone where people can actually be killed without interaction.

Or a post like TP but where the players can fight eachother to control it.

Still nothing.

And what the hell is this; "ts your own fault for thinking every single player/area on this server is friendly" thats a stupid logic when the rules says that you can't kill other players just like that.

But hey, i guess some people do like to suck up to the admins.

This.

If there's a clan war going on, you should be able to hear it.

Yeah I did hear it, when it rolled right into town as I was leaving. Still got tagged.

Guest Spree   
Guest Spree

From the perspective of people that is not part of a large firefight might find it logical for hostile part to mark it on the map, but from the way things work out it's rarely/never posible to do that.

It's not like it's counter strike or something like that, because everyone wants to win so you don't just go all "oh hey lets go kill eachother right here!", and when you're inside a battle you will not have time to open your map to mark it, not even as a sniper because every secound counts if you want to avoid dying from another sniper/machine gun or even a hatchet in the back.

The part that actually would have time to note something like that down, would be a neutral part fleeing/watching it some km's away.

Guest farbaute   
Guest farbaute

And so? Does that justify KOS on randoms?

deadenddan    0

And so? Does that justify KOS on randoms?

Nothing justifies KoS when it comes to randoms, but lets be honest here, common sense dictates that if you are in an area when a large firefight goes down, then you have to accept the fact that you may become a casualty of war, regardless of your alignment to either/neither faction.

Does it suck to have no affiliation with what is going on and still get shot/killed? Sure, especially if you have invested a lot of time into a character. But does it happen? All the time. They even have a term for that.

It's called "collateral damage".

Guest farbaute   
Guest farbaute

Dosn't mather. There are rules and they are to be followed.

Whats the meaning of rules if they aren't followed?

"Collateral damage" is just an excuse to KOS anyone you see when in a "war".

scottsm    0

This - http://www.dayzrp.com/t-ffa-warzone?pid=13310#pid13310

I suggested a perfect spot for a large warzone. It's large enough for ambushes, random fire fights between clans and all sorts of random dm non sense.

SuperDarly    0

Personally I think the clan wars do add some dynamic content for the rest of us lone wolf/small group survivors. You can also take it another way, if there are people firing at each other in an area, you have every right to defend yourself as well. If clan members get a "KOS pass" so to speak while they're fighting each other, someone caught up in the fight would very well have that same courtesy extended to them.

You would theoretically have two options if you're caught up in a clan war.

1) Run like hell and hope you get out of the area in time. Possibly while yelling over direct chat "NON COMBATANT RUNNING LIKE HELL, DON'T SHOOT!".

2) Bunker down somewhere and blast anyone that gets close to you, until the fight passes.

Until there is an option for clans to have their own skin, there isn't an easy way to identify each other. Hopefully if Rolle implements rMod we'll be able to have something like that going on.

scottsm    0

I do agree that clan wars do add a nice dynamic to the game. I just think it should have more of a structure to cut down on the random kos's for those who don't want to be involved. It could also add another entire dynamic to the game. You want to get some supplies from the nw air field. You have to risk your life to get it. Yes it does give people a KOS pass... but it's in a controlled zone, and if it happens outside of the zone then it is illegal.

Guest Heinz   
Guest Heinz

But what if you have logged out example polano and you log in and get shot?!

deadenddan    0

"Doesn't mather" isn't exactly a witty rebuttal to my point. I understand that there are rules. If you want to do a breakdown of the rules I would be happy to oblige. There are rules of engagement in real war. Does that mean that every innocent person gets to just run away from a battle? Not at all. How many innocent people die in every war/conflict due to "collateral damage"?

ArmA 2 is a military combat simulator. I think people forget that sometime. They expect to have special exceptions set up to regulate that which is just not possible in realistic combat. Again, alluding to my previous point, it sucks when it happens, but it is unrealistic to check every person you see in a firefight (especially if they are carrying a gun) whether or not they are part of the battle.

I agree when SuperDarly in the sense that if there is a lot of heavy combat going on around you, then any survivor caught in it should either immediately surrender or bunker down and defend themselves until the battle is resolved.

I believe the true definition of Kill on Sight (KoS) is to be used when there is no armed conflict going on in the immediate area.

Example: Standing in Cherno, AK in my hands, no shots fired for quite some time. You kill me without provocation, that's KoS.

Standing in Cherno, AK in my hands, two rival factions shooting it out and I start to run away. You kill me without provocation, that's "collateral damage".