Remove the starting kit

Starting kit removed?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Starting kit removed?

• Yes
    • No

Guest bALTSAR   
Guest bALTSAR

I would like to make following suggestion, REMOVE the starting kit (bloodbag, painkiller and morphine).

Groups like EMS and other similiar groups will benefit from this and make their service more useful. For example: Newly respawned Survivor broke his legs and have no morphine, he calls for help.

This will also make the game abit harder as intend to be and people will go to hospital regulary to loot.

Zoarial    0

The issue i see with this is, yes a group with ems intentuons is great, but new players have issues all the time and why if ems can't help? If you allow somone a 1 mistake as they start then it works out to be a better exp for first timers.

Guest MrRaiz0r   
Guest MrRaiz0r

I don't mind having painkillers and morphine on you but the bloodbag seems abit overkill for a guy that starts off I think if the bloodbag would be removed then that would fix the problem that hospitals are never raided.

Guest jimihendrix   
Guest jimihendrix

Yes! In my opinion, you shouldn't start with anything. Nada

yep, or with just one filled canteen, a knife, a flashlight and a can of sardines

Guest Moblos   
Guest Moblos

I like the benefit of having EMS for more rescue/supplying missions! :D

Guest bALTSAR   
Guest bALTSAR

The issue i see with this is, yes a group with ems intentuons is great, but new players have issues all the time and why if ems can't help? If you allow somone a 1 mistake as they start then it works out to be a better exp for first timers.

Not many are the first timer, I think.

Keeps the game more challening.

Tomeran    3

The starting kit doesnt make that much of a difference, with the possible exception of the map.

Morphine is just for the broken leg, and lets face it, getting stuck with that sucks. A blood bag isnt much good if you're without a friend, and painkillers is part of the standard gear that also dont do much of a difference, especielly in the beginning when you dont have a weapon. Food and water is also such basic stuff that it can be found in the nearest house.

The map might do a bit of a difference(and it also makes the map loot completly useless), but its not much, really.

Its true I suppose that without these supplies medic-clans might have a little more to do, but lets face it, they're not always around and it would sorta suck to lie around waiting for one.

My preferance? Make the game more challenging through other ways, like more zombies. Lots and lots of more zombies. As was suggested here: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-dayz-harder-and-better

Larsson    0

You'll need at least morphine and a bandage as a newly spawned. With that you can get going well enough until you find more, usually. The blood bag could be removed, so people will actually have to seek out medics, or go to a hospital.

Rolle    2968

The idea behind the starting kit is that if people have bloodbags on them from the very start and find another survivor they can help each other, and maybe team up and roleplay together. After all it's much more fun to play with someone than alone!

The map was added out of convenience, doesn't really have any reason behind it other than that.

Guest Heinz   
Guest Heinz

If you want to remove parts of starting kit, just drop yours =D

Shuey    0

Removing the morphine from a new spawned player would just result in more people suiciding (restarting) when they break a leg. Why would someone waste EMS's time if they are a new spawn with a broken leg?

Guest Obvious   
Guest Obvious

Removing the morphine from a new spawned player would just result in more people suiciding (restarting) when they break a leg. Why would someone waste EMS's time if they are a new spawn with a broken leg?

So true

Guest LtCptSuicide   
Guest LtCptSuicide

IMO, I think the Blood bag is overkill with the morphine on the line. Just think as a survivor out in the wild harsh lands of Chernarus, You would probably be carrying bandages and painkillers and a map. Then the zombies showed up... Hell I think adding a knife, compass, and maybe a weak gun would be more realistic, however I see how that would kill the mood of the game.

So there you go the LT 2 cents on it.

Spok    0

The first time I joined RP severs I was VERY surprised with new starting kit. Pleasantly surprised. But there is always a 'but'.

More I play, more my character die and respawn, I start to find that this starting kit is, well, too much for a 'washed ashore survivor'. Why? 'Cause when I tried to play on publics it was a challenge to find even a map! And you had to do some thorough search to find a canteen. This starting kit makes newcomers life easier, but should it? It's a RP server, to RP zombie apocalypse :) Make it, say, 1 bandage, 1 coke/pepsi, 1 can'o'beans (or none), backpack and 1 pack of painkillers. This should do it a little bit harder to start. More fun! :)

Dergeno    0

some people dont like to use the shoutbox for role playing reasons. they cant summon ems for help.

my "whish for" starting kit: Matches, Knife, Empty Canteen, Bandage and Morphine (just because this 1 hit broken bones bug/feature).

- no backpack

Guest Heinz   
Guest Heinz

some people dont like to use the shoutbox for role playing reasons. they cant summon ems for help.

my "whish for" starting kit: Matches, Knife, Empty Canteen, Bandage and Morphine (just because this 1 hit broken bones bug/feature).

- no backpack

These items would be perfect, except maybe 2 or 3 bandages due I always manage to get myself bleeding :D

Dergeno    0

IHeinz, ya but bandages and axe are so common even if you avoid bigger cities. My wish list would fit the role play character, as this would be stuff every household keeps. I like to have the blood bag for convinience but i hate it from the role play side.

Spok    0

- no backpack

I support that! This one is better than mine )

Guest Obvious   
Guest Obvious

- no backpack

I would rather have the bloodbag stay instead of adding the matchboxe & knife..

Matchbox + knife says: go fetch a hatchet and live in the woods.

Bloodbag says: Go to where civilization used to be and get someone to bloodbag you + find supplies