Server time: 2017-08-21, 10:24

Sign in to follow this  
SuperDarly

Clear intent during robberies

SuperDarly    0

So there's a lot of KOS reports that have back and forth "I told you to drop your weapon and you didn't, so I shot you" business going on. It seems people get confused if this is a robbery demand or just someone wanting you to lower your gun while in contact with them.

Can bandits please make it CLEAR that they are in fact creating a hostile situation and are committing an act of banditry before you blow someones head off for "not complying"?

I suggest something along these lines:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lwusCDRiDwE#t=252s

Guest MrRaiz0r   
Guest MrRaiz0r

Isn't that what everyone does? I don't think I've been involved in a robbery without this :D

Grimzz    0

So there's a lot of KOS reports that have back and forth "I told you to drop your weapon and you didn't, so I shot you" business going on. It seems people get confused if this is a robbery demand or just someone wanting you to lower your gun while in contact with them.

Can bandits please make it CLEAR that they are in fact creating a hostile situation and are committing an act of banditry before you blow someones head off for "not complying"?

I suggest something along these lines:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lwusCDRiDwE#t=252s

You need to be smart to play Dayz

as Bandit now need to make contact before a robbery,they might act friendly to get close then rob you.

my sugestion is play Dayz here as you play in public server

always aware of you surrounding,so you wont get taken by surprise by another player whitch will result in being robbed here(death in other server).

Trust no one :D

Guest farbaute   
Guest farbaute

If someone tells you to drop your weapon its a robbery, kinda easy to know...

Guest Justin   
Guest Justin

THANK YOU AS I MADE A POINT ABOUT THIS EARLIER AND NO ONE LOOKED AT IT.

Guest MrRaiz0r   
Guest MrRaiz0r

If someone tells you to drop your weapon its a robbery, kinda easy to know...

Yea it is not harder than that.

SuperDarly    0

my sugestion is play Dayz here as you play in public server

I'm just going to assume this is NOT why most of us are playing on this server. I have no problem with banditry in general, but when there are clear rules in place that will punish people for killing someone without provocation, there will be people who will hesitate if they aren't sure that it's OK for them to defend themselves.

I can think of one situation off the top of my head where a group of people ask one or more people to drop their guns. Identification. If someone was robbed and they see another person(s) that LOOK like the robbers but aren't sure, getting them to drop their weapons and identify themselves seems pretty standard. There would be no intent to rob them in that situation.

However maybe I'm just being naive in assuming that if you have the same skin as someone who robbed a group, they wouldn't just KOS you as soon as they found you.