Server time: 2017-08-24, 08:51

Sign in to follow this  
Ben

Unable to connect

Question

Ben    0

Hello. I have just created my account today. I paid 5€ and I am therefore automatically whitelisted. I have the latest patch and I am using the correct UserID. But when I try and join RP1 or RP2, it says "waiting for host", but just as I get to see the names of the players in green, it returns to the server selection. Any ideas?

7 answers to this question

Grimzz    0

no error notification or anything?

just back to server selection?

Ben    0

It did say that it was unable to play this mission because it was dependent on downloadable files that were deleted, or something like that, but my cousin told me he got the same message all the time and he could still play. It doesn't matter now though, because I fixed it yesterday by entering the different Arma 2 games and then exiting.

Now there's just a second issue.

I was able to connect to RP1, but I spawned in the land of nowhere and I could see a large number of people just standing still everywhere. It seemed odd. It also took a long while for it to connect. It was at "requesting player data from server" for 15-20 minutes or more. I am unable to connect to RP2, as it is stuck at loading screen. That shouldn't happen since I'm whitelisted, right?

Grimzz    0

It did say that it was unable to play this mission because it was dependent on downloadable files that were deleted, or something like that, but my cousin told me he got the same message all the time and he could still play. It doesn't matter now though, because I fixed it yesterday by entering the different Arma 2 games and then exiting.

I was able to connect to RP1, but I spawned in the land of nowhere and I could see a large number of people just standing still everywhere. It seemed odd. It also took a long while for it to connect. It was at "requesting player data from server" for 15-20 minutes or more. I am unable to connect to RP2, as it is stuck at loading screen. That shouldn't happen since I'm whitelisted, right?

Looks like you are stuck in bug plain

relogin fix that

Ben    0

Looks like you are stuck in bug plain

relogin fix that

Where am I supposed to relogin?

its not just ben we are like 10 people talking to each other in debug zone

reconnecting/restarting the game does nothing, it is server sided

Grimzz    0

Just exit the server

then connect again

you should spawn on the coast

Ben    0

*UPDATE*

Oddly, I finally managed to fix my problem by updating and using the Six Launcher, which I had abandoned a few months ago for the sake of Play withSix and later DayZ Commander. I'm not really sure how this happened to help, as the version of my DayZ is now newer than the beta patch 97678, but w/e, I can finally play.