Server time: 2017-08-19, 11:11

Sign in to follow this  
Guest BigRob

Have Private tents in Tradezone

Guest BigRob   
Guest BigRob

I think that maybe if u donate u can buy a Camping spot in Tradezone. Have like password to the tent or something ?

Blizzard    0

well when i renovated the trade post this time around i built it differntly for this purpose, there will be a gun rack in each tent for storage "it will NOT SAVE yet" in the shop area for temporary storage, im working on a way for it to save but i dont want people to store there clans gear there as a way to have a safe way to store things.

i want people to use then for selling purposes only and not to store because people can not steal from it. if rolle likes the one lock script im sure we can work it out for the weapon racks and lock them to individual player IDs.

im just worried about people hoarding gear at the tradepost

Caesar    438

I personally don't see the issue with people hoarding items there. I mean if this happened in real life communities would form that would enforce society's rules and no stealing would be one of them. In this situation the difficulty would be figuring out who has what and constant vigilance is impossible so a lock would be nice.

Vehicles would create a mess considering it would make moving a pain but item I think could work.

Sylystia    0

People will hoard and try to get around the rules to do so. Especially in a game where equipment means everything.

You can't hoard if there's a small, limited amount of items that can be kept in there, say, 3 weapons, 1 pack and 6-8 misc.

Guest Investorinski   
Guest Investorinski

I agree with both BigRob and Belisk.

It's a great idea with one private tent or similar storage.

i dont like locked things in dayz, you have to enter it somehow, with a toolbox and then maybe a 5-10 min timer to break in, but totally save is totally lame and doesnt fullfill any purpose in the dayz design.

Make a second camp wit a setup people can defend actually items in it,for example spaces that have only one entry and where you cant exit the tent/rack from outside.

You could make little bunker with a small entry that can be blocked by wirefence or tank trap, making it harder to steal, you could place alot of tanktraps in front to prevent someone getting in in time. It would be alot of work to disable 5-10 tanktraps that are stacked on each other.

but totally save racks is abit OP i think.

greetz

Van

Blizzard    0

yea i agree since after some testing i realized the racks have a basically unlimited amount of room. it may be better to make them not save and just fill them and empty them before and after resets.

the only way i can think to make this work is to pay for the rack monthly/weekly and have it save for that ID only, it will be hard to hoard if only one person can get into it and not the whole group/clan.

well thats my idea for it