Server time: 2017-10-20, 05:15
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
HAGGLE

BAD VERSION FIX (using steam)

Question

HAGGLE    5

If you are using steam, even if you aren't using steam to open DayZ, this should fix your issue.

First, make sure you are on the correct (not always the latest) ArmaII Beta Patch.. then:

Open your steam library, right click on ArmaII, go to Properties, go to Local Files, click "Verify Game Cache". Then, do the same to OPArrow. Once both have finished, open both games through steam once so that it redownloads the corrupted file. Then start up DayZ through commander or whatever and you should be good.

Just being on the right patch sometimes has still caused me this error, thus the "verify game cache" fix.

-Mercy

5 answers to this question

Grimzz    0

Step 1: Close steam, and launch it again as Adminstrator.

Step 2: Right click on Arma 2 in your steam library, then click on Properties, after that click on the Local Files tab, the click Verify integrity of game cache. Then wait for that to finish

Step 3: Repeat Step 2 but instead of Arma 2 Verify the Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead.

Step 4: After you have gotten that done, launch Arma 2, close it, then launch AO, then close it.

HAGGLE    5

Yup, for me the issue first was the wrong beta patch, and then was the verify issue. But doing both fixed it all for me :)

Guest BennyMood   
Guest BennyMood

I had the same issue, but with complications. In order for this post not to be a complete waste of space I'll show the steps that finally led me to the fix.

1. Realizing I had not downloaded the right beta patch.

2. Installing it and having that change not be reflected in neither of the launch options led me to this thread: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/29401-guide-steam-to-those-spawning-invisible-no-debug-errors-beta-update/

3. After following that thread the correct version loaded through steam, but not Playwith Six.

4. Checked the option in playwithsix to launch the game from steam.

5. Works!

Guest Lunarity   
Guest Lunarity

another solution of steam version. (Only if You don't care about steam overlay)

1) Apply Beta patch which one You need.

2) Navigate to You'r steam Arma2OA directory

( e.g. in my case D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead )

3) Find a "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch"

1fqVj

4) Right click on it, then Send to -> Desktop (create shortcut)

5) Run via shortcut on You'r desktop.

6) Have fun

it works fine for me and few my friends : )

I found only one problem with this - You won't have steam overlay in game :P But it's not a big deal if You're playing on windowed mode ^^"

PerfyNormal    0

For those with steam needs:

1. Install latest beta-patch. http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

-- It says "Latest beta patch:" at the top of the page.

2. Go to your operation arrowhead folder. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\)

3. (optional)Backup arma2oa.exe and arma2oaserver.exe

3. Enter the expansions\beta folder, mark/select arma2oa.exe,arma2oaserver.exe and copy them to clipboard.

(C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta)

4. Return to the operation arrowhead folder and paste the files, overwriting when asked.

5. Download https://dl.dropbox.com/u/92444112/dayz.bat and put it in your operation arrowhead folder.

6. Run that file.

!! The file MUST be in the steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\-folder

!! If you do not backup the original arma files you'll have to verify files to have them back. I've never verified my files.

-- You can create a shortcut to the file on your desktop for easier access.

-- There is an option on steam to get Arma2oa beta patch now, I've not tested it but it may help you out with the issue you have.

-- I'll upload RP1/2 launcher once I've made a new version that isn't too messy. I've got one that I use myself but it is a bit confusing because it has so many launch options.