Server time: 2017-10-21, 01:16
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Jij

KSVK - the replacement of teh AS50

Jij    0

I believe the KSVK should of replaced the AS50. Most people want soviet weapons for teh roleplay, well this is a soviet weapon and its not as OP as teh as50. Yes its still a 50cal, but a war against zombies means the armies would have most likely used any weapon system available. This particular rifle would have been devastating to a zombies torso and the one or 2 behind it.

My 2 cents, dont abandon the 50cals, keepo them in and i believe the KSVK would have been perfect.

Guest farbaute   
Guest farbaute

It was supposed to be replaced with the KSVK, but i think there were some problems with it. Like if you had one you could not have a backpack. I think it was that atleast.

nKe    0

I think it's fine if you have to sacrifice your backpack in order to carry a huge anti-materiel rifle with you.

Guest farbaute   
Guest farbaute

pffft

Rolle    2956

I think it's fine if you have to sacrifice your backpack in order to carry a huge anti-materiel rifle with you.

Yeah, I think it would have been good too, but at the same time you have M107 which is a similar rifle and does not remove your backpack.

It's all about balance. I think one .50 cal sniper rifle is enough in DayZ, now that it's more rare as it only spawns in barracks can only be a good thing :) I will look around and try to add more russian weapons later on.

Jij    0

ahh ok makes sense, yes one is enough, and one that doesnt take ur backpack slot too. cheers for reply.

Now add my personal favourite weapon that almost all special forces used, the m4 acog lol

not op cos it cant be used with nvg :)

Guest achmed   
Guest achmed

Yeah, I think it would have been good too, but at the same time you have M107 which is a similar rifle and does not remove your backpack.

It's all about balance. I think one .50 cal sniper rifle is enough in DayZ, now that it's more rare as it only spawns in barracks can only be a good thing :) I will look around and try to add more russian weapons later on.

Why not replace as50 and m107 with the KSVK and make the KSVK take up backpack slot? It'd balance things out pretty well. If you want that kind of killingpower you should have to make sacrifices.

Also, you should replace Lee Enfield with Mosin Nagant.

Livs    0
Why not replace as50 and m107 with the KSVK and make the KSVK take up backpack slot? It'd balance things out pretty well. If you want that kind of killingpower you should have to make sacrifices.

Also, you should replace Lee Enfield with Mosin Nagant.

Because it isn't possible to remove the barracks loottable, unless you change stuff on the client side as well (The Players pc needs a mod.)

The M107 spawn was removed from the helicrash sites, but it still spawns in the barracks. The AS50 only spawned at the crashsites though, so that is completely removed from the game.