Server time: 2017-08-18, 10:31

Sign in to follow this  
Centrinoja

Why "good guys" or "helpful" clans dont and wont ever work!

Centrinoja    0

Hey,

So Straight in to the topic hmm.

These "good guy/gal" clans will never work for a few reasons:-

1). Its easier to be bad guys(more fun to alot of the time).

2). People will attack you as you present an easy target.

3). They don't give a god damned hail Mary f**k if your good guys helping people you have items they will rob you shoot you and generally stop you doing what you plan to do.

4). The game and the attitudes of most players on DayZ do not fall into the helpful people they are more gun-ho style of players it is after all classed as a FPS game... The S standing for shooter!

5). Players will always be curious what you have they don't get to see even if you do help by giving them things they always want more :)

This is just a few reasons off the top of my head I am sure there is many more, Clans like EMS and FED found out you cannot play nice and have fun doing it. Maybe one day good guy clans will work but not on a game so heavily focused on player vs player survival. For it to work it would have to be thought about during game design and clearly in this case it wasn't. No matter how much the Admins do to help this be a reality it will not happen for a very long time if ever.

Grimno    0

I'm a good guy clan (That's not a typo. I am a 1-man clan) And so far it's had epic success. Been supplying the TP in RP2 with vast amounts of food/drinks and medical supplies to keep people fed and healthy while they do their trades.

Ran into quite a few random people and so far have had friendly encounters, caught rides, even had an epic helicopter pickup out of Elektro ^^

It's not the clans that make them fail, it's usually the people inside that stray from the idea and mess up.

One bad egg spoils the whole bunch as they say.

kakan    0

well cent its true but from my point of view as a friendly medic i start to get alot of shit for "killing" while being robbed or my team mates get kos'ed and the people who do it can go away and no one cares. Even tho im friendly and have never robbed a single person. The only time i have had to use my guns is to protect whats mine and my friends, in the later times it feel that i need to gear them up with a bigger arsenal because people start to rob and see the chance to abuse it, and then go trash talk ingame and on the webpage cuz they failed.

Joppe    0

I'm Toadie ingame and I'm a medic when I can help. And if people say "Stop vehicle" or "Get down and drop your weapons jadda jadda" I will and have open fire. :D

I'm Toadie, I'm Friendly, I will not forgive, I do not forget...

Dergeno    0

good post centrinoja. i just finished a whiny post on the same subject on our page. it is so unbelievable easier to play the bad guys in this game. we changed from robbing to be nice after the wipe and some of our members already stated that pre wipe was much more fun. sad but true :(

sarcasm83    0

Agreed. After making a few friends who like to be friendly rather than PvP at all, we tried to join SoWeMeetAgain's "SPEEDY" delivery service and be overall helpers. We took it our job to do it on RP2, while SoWe and his friends mainly worked on RP1.

For a few days we gathered supplies, to get good tradeitems, get a proper amount of supplies to help multiple people. We got a bus, did a few personel pickups (which always seemed to end in a broken wheel and the people in the bus needing for action going for a bandithunt). Also acquired a green car and I bought a dirtbike too, for any quick rescues.

The last busride ended up being a total catastrophe, flat tires and a white UAZ and a heli harrassing the people that went to look for a wheel. I stayed at the bus the whole time and eventually got shot, in a misunderstanding as the tension escalated rapidly. (People looking for the wheel got fired upon by a chopper etc..)

At that time I already should've gone to sleep, but I decided I WILL head up to our camp and carry as much good items there as I can. Didn't wanna continue from the coast the next day. Ended up finding an alicepack early on which I filled with medical supplies from the hospital. The trip took me almost a few hours, avoiding a chopper constantly, finding some ok items and the first heli crash site I've found on my own.. where I got an AS50 from.

The server got dark so I had trouble finding the camp, but eventually did and logged off, insanely tired as it was already like 5-6 am here in Finland.

But I felt redeemed - the run back turned out to be very profitable.

After sleeping, I log in and I get news that every single one of the vehicles has been shot up and destroyed. Not stolen, so we could attempt getting them back; Destroyed. (Yes, they saw the charred remains of the vehicles when they logged in.)

So they took what they wanted, then destroyed the rest. I'm 100% sure they didn't even take half of what we had gathered (No way they had inventory for all of it), so all those medic supplies, food, tradeitems, spare toolbelt items we didn't need ... ashes. All those days of work? For nothing.

Thank you BB. And yes, we're not trying again, it's pointless. I guess we're just going to police the tradepost then.. maybe that's the only way you can somewhat try playing in any other way but bandit/pvp/terrorist, as it's a safezone.. It seems kinda lame though, to be honest. Using the safezone to our advantage like that. Though ofcourse we understand we can't store anything there.. Not going to park vehicles there; that's not what I'm saying.

So yeah, I have NO idea how you're supposed to be able to form a friendly group, when bandit clans will make sure it ends before it even starts. Days of work can be destroyed by a heli spotter and a few guys with guns basically in minutes.

And yes it bums me out, as I joined this server just to try and play how I'd like to - how I've wanted to from the very beginning and yet haven't been able to do it; Friendly, neutral, not-a-dick. But no matter how much I'd comply to every robbery, I have been killed multiple times. "Misunderstandings" they're often called. Aand the whole attempt destroyed, like I said. Sad to see playing friendly is still very much discouraging, even on this server.

Zoarial    0

Ah the times when CB was considered the worst bandits to walk this server... Ah you guys remeber those times... Good times... Goood timesa

Dergeno    0

the problem is that playing as bandit is to easy. they can hide behind ghilli/rocket/camo skin and nice player cant identify a bandit until is too late.

my idea:

-add bandit skin as freebie in donation shop

-banditing without bandit skin is against the rule

-bandits can get shot on sight (unsure about this)

this would actually even out the easy game mode "i am a bandit".

a lot of people would reconsider being a bandit if their ass is on the line constantly.

the people who still want to be bandits have to play much better and much more carefull, they have to hide and role play the bandit way of life (what would enhance their gaming expierience)

Guest Spesivtsev   
Guest Spesivtsev

Zoarial you guys barely play on RP1 now it's getting to easy...

sarcasm83    0

I'm a good guy clan (That's not a typo. I am a 1-man clan) And so far it's had epic success. Been supplying the TP in RP2 with vast amounts of food/drinks and medical supplies to keep people fed and healthy while they do their trades.

Ran into quite a few random people and so far have had friendly encounters, caught rides, even had an epic helicopter pickup out of Elektro ^^

It's not the clans that make them fail, it's usually the people inside that stray from the idea and mess up.

One bad egg spoils the whole bunch as they say.

We didn't have a single bad egg. I think none of us ever shot a single bullet towards a player during our attempt.

And 1 guy does not a friendly clan/group make. We're trying to be the guys GIVING THE RIDES, not getting rides. We'd like people being able to ask for help and then us being able to respond.

I'm not saying our vehicles should be untouchable; I'm just saying they could've at least STOLEN THE VEHICLES - then at least someone would've put them to good use with all the items in em that we gathered aswell. At least then our efforts would've had at least some impact, other than providing someone the pleasure of shooting at empty vehicles and watching them burn.

And yeah, I know who it was. But they didn't break any rules, as it's not against the rules.

But yeah, anyone who ACTUALLY likes a challenge; Feel free to try being a friendly clan for once. Now that'd take some actual skill. As yeah it's easy to come by with alot of loot with way less running when you just wait for cars, rob em dry, rinse and repeat every day. And walk up to people knowing they're not allowed to KoS you and then say "Hi, robbery, k tnx"

I think the easiest thing to do is to join this RP server and become a bandit. On publics; Robbery would be challenging. Here; Meh.

So way to go noobies. Your clans aren't that infamous, you're just playing the game how it's easiest ;)

And every time there's like 6 bandits robbing 1 guy. hahahah. Yeah.. mad skillz.

Zoarial    0

The issue with a "always bandit" skin is that the game mechanic doesn't allow for it. Its humanity based

Dergeno    0

The issue with a "always bandit" skin is that the game mechanic doesn't allow for it. Its humanity based

i am sure there is a skin which can be the designated Bandit skin.

if nothing happens all good people get bored and this server become a "all bandit - kos with 5second warning server"

the idea of cleary marking bandits for everyone would add so much depth to it in my opinion. take away bandit anonymity!

but i am aware that you cant win a poll with that idea.. all the easy mode players would complain big time.

Guest Investorinski   
Guest Investorinski

if nothing happens all good people get bored and this server become a "all bandit - kos with 5second warning server"

the idea of cleary marking bandits for everyone would add so much depth to it in my opinion. take away bandit anonymity!

but i am aware that you cant win a poll with that idea.. all the easy mode players would complain big time.

Agreed! CB seems to apply this 5-second-warning-KoS-tactic, after looking at some of their vids. "Drop your gun...5..4..3..2..1..BAM". What if the player is a noob / don't want his gun to bug out while dropping it? It takes more than 5 sec to drop a pile of loot and then the gun.

No wonder they do not like the idea.

Rolle    2447

Then you have to interact with the robbers, tell them to wait while you are dropping your gun. If you don't say anything and just look around I think it is legit to kill that person because they are not following orders. 5 seconds is quite short amount of time, but usually it's enough to reply to someone.

As for the bandit skin idea - as Zoarial said it won't work. It would reset every time your humanity goes up or you enter the game.

Zoarial    0

Agreed! CB seems to apply this 5-second-warning-KoS-tactic, after looking at some of their vids. "Drop your gun...5..4..3..2..1..BAM". What if the player is a noob / don't want his gun to bug out while dropping it? It takes more than 5 sec to drop a pile of loot and then the gun.

No wonder they do not like the idea.

CB tactic have changed over time some cases we use the five count if there is something going on like a firefight and bulletes are wizzing over head, other wise we use a 8 count and wait to see if people make any move. I suggest you watch more o the videos CB give a lot of chances.

And i'm not agianst the idea at all i apologize if thats the way it came across, my point is that the previous suggestion didn't work by a game mechinc standard. I would be more than willing to come to a bandit skin, or maybe a specific clan skin. But there are currently to manu issues with the skins or any of these ideas.

sarcasm83    0

Even though I bet there's going to be a huge outcry if this is considered, I really agree with this. I really would love to be able to avoid bandits somehow - get even some sort of a chance to avoid constantly being robbed - to balance the fact that they can safely get close because of the "No KoS" rule and then start the robbery. It gives a huge advantage to the robbers, imo.

I mean sure, you couldn't really tell who's a bandit in real life either, but ... as I think banditry is kinda overwhelming (and rather overpowering.. No KoS allows them to get close, can't know who's a bandit and avoid em, survivors get items the HARD WAY instead of robbing them from others, where the bandit clans have a million cars and endless amount of loot from constantly robbing others.... it's really discouraging to be the good guy as of now and that's the only way I'd wanna play.)

And as we can't in any way know who's who on the server anyway

(Not even being able to determine who's our friend and who's a bandit during a robbery with multiple people) it would be awesome to know who's a bandit and who's not. Or at LEAST who's who, but I guess you can't make nametags appear in close proximity only? (Nametags suck so ofcourse I'm not suggesting using em in their basic form, but if you could see em when you're really near to another player, at least we could separate our friends from the robbers when things get confusing.. And sure, real life doesn't have nametags either, but in real life we have distinct looks, clothing - something that tells us who's who.)

I don't agree on bandits being allowed to be killed on sight though - that'd be waay too harsh. But just being able to run away if you see a bandit coming your way would be enough to even the scales... if the bandits wanna get close, they gotta be unnoticed etc.

(Sure most good bandit clans already create awesome ambushes where no one sees em until it's too late - mad respect for that for those people.)

And still a person who has a bandit skin can still give you a ride or have good intentions, so .. yeah. No KoS towards bandits either...

Sure, it's hard to find a good balance so no one's getting too much of a disadvantage, but right now I think banditry is prevailing to the point of me not really being into playing, as no matter what kind of a friendly service I try to pull off, I'm going to end up with some sort of a bad experience.

The other day found a bicycle for the first time after dying and heading north. I was so happy that I didn't have to walk... I drove for less than 2 minutes when I heard a vehicle. For a while I thought "Shit, I need to hide" but as there was a car and a motorcycle - I really figured they'd leave me alone. So I passed them, saying "hello" joyfully and they stop, tell me to stop in a hostile tone, take the bike and there you have it.

1 car and 1 dirtbike obviously wasn't enough for em, they had to take the bike too. So, right now they're hoarding everything on the map, destroying everything they don't need and ... So I walked to the camp.. the camp, that got destroyed a few hours later when I got there.

yyeah. Ofcourse bandits won't understand my complaint, as they don't play friendly. But I'm sorry, I just would like to play that way.

Dergeno    0

it does not have to be the bandit skin which comes automatically according to humanity. frebie in the donation shop which can and must be activated by everyone who wants to play bandit. i dont know if there are more skins avaiable to dayz. maybe use rmod?

sarcasm83    0

Or if the bandits don't like the idea of having one skin for making them identifiable, at least give good guys a skin that is forbidden to be used by a bandit. (Like the hero skin or something else)

As I know for sure I will never rob anyone and I'd like people to know that so I wouldn't get mixed up in other people's brawls while minding my own business :)

Guest Investorinski   
Guest Investorinski

Or if the bandits don't like the idea of having one skin for making them identifiable, at least give good guys a skin that is forbidden to be used by a bandit. (Like the hero skin or something else)

As I know for sure I will never rob anyone and I'd like people to know that so I wouldn't get mixed up in other people's brawls while minding my own business :)

Very good idea. A "friendly-skin".

And if someone is using that skin while robbing , he/she will get punished/banned etc.

Zoarial    0

As a leader of a bandit group heres what i see happing with a "kos able bandit skin"

Other people deciding "ill be a police officer" sitting in a tree line with a DMR safe an sound killing on sight everyone RP the bandit skin with no harm to them, creating a OP class. Although the current banditry is large and over whelming to new players it is a good rock paper scissors case.

Pherhaps it is better to go "clan skins" so it is eaiser to identify KOSers or devlare war on specific groups.

Regardless it is a mute point with the dayz skin mehcanic being worked on skins are difficult to make work.

sarcasm83    0

As a leader of a bandit group heres what i see happing with a "kos able bandit skin"

Other people deciding "ill be a police officer" sitting in a tree line with a DMR safe an sound killing on sight everyone RP the bandit skin with no harm to them, creating a OP class. Although the current banditry is large and over whelming to new players it is a good rock paper scissors case.

Pherhaps it is better to go "clan skins" so it is eaiser to identify KOSers or devlare war on specific groups.

Regardless it is a mute point with the dayz skin mehcanic being worked on skins are difficult to make work.

Yeah, definately not supporting the "You're allowed to KoS bandits" rule even if I'm not a bandit. That'd tip the scales way too much AGAINST bandits.

And if the skin/costume thing really is hard to implement - shame.

It'd be nice to get some way of telling people I'm not their enemy, as it sucks to die even if it's just a misunderstanding that gets you killed. :P

Tronword    0

I'd put you on your knees and list off your known crimes, give you a chance to plead 'Guilty' or 'Not Guilty'. Then depending on the crime, execute you or give you a ride to a kick ass holding cell where you'll get a cup to annoyingly drag back and forth against your cell bars. Harshest sentence would be 40 minutes in a cell and stripped down to your civilian clothing. Would be awesome RP, plus you can gloat that you've been 'on the inside' for awhile. I can 'assure' you that prison rape doesn't happen as often as you'd assume in my holding block.

sarcasm83    0

Hmmmh... what do you think people, are the only reasonable options for me now to either stop playing DayZ altogether or become a bandit and learn to love PvP?

As ... I really kinda wanna play, but I find no reason to log in at all, as I know I'll just be robbed, robbed, robbed, robbed and robbed (and ofcourse killed in misunderstandings and having my vehicles destroyed for fun) if I play a good guy?

100 hours of DayZ, not a single shot fired at another player and yet I have not found a way of playing friendly and not being totally raped after every attempt, returning to square one every 1 or 2 days.

Edit: oh and please, if you only have insults or "cry more" to say or something, just leave your contribution un-stated. I'm not flaming, I'm totally calm and seriously wondering how I could proceed...

Lets be honest, i think 80% of THE players gets robbed, bandit or not ;p