Server time: 2017-10-19, 01:59
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Tronword

People interfering with a trade.

Tronword    0

This happened on the shoutbox so it wasn't in-game.

» 18:13 - xkillx7: Fine. Just wondering man. It's a game anyways.

» 18:12 - Tronword: Also. Stay the fuck out of my business if I'm working a transaction.

» 18:10 - Ploug: already have that FN FAL Nightvision

» 18:10 - Centrinoja: YUMMY GRENAGE

» 18:10 - Tronword: No. I just don't need the rifle

» 18:10 - Nuffe: DURR DURR

» 18:09 - xkillx7: Haha, what? That's how rare they are?

» 18:09 - Tronword: Yes.

» 18:09 - xkillx7: Tron, for a M4A1 Holo?

» 18:08 - Tronword: I can give you a ghillie suit and a FAL with night vision scope

» 18:08 - OOSA: Posted as usual.

» 18:08 - Ploug: what can i get for an m4a1 holo?

I've noticed several situations like this play out in the TP in-person (In game). Someone is in the middle of a trade and a random person chimes in. It interferes with business, which in my eyes, is a hostile act.

--Suggestions--

Lack of respect in-game can be viewed as a hostile act, the means to stay within a free zone, run you mouth and not suffer the consequences (Shot in the face) is counter-intuitive to a post apocalyptic environment. (I'm all for free speech, but start spouting some bullshit and you should be blasted for it if you offend someone)

Hiding behind the fact that you can run your mouth, not be shot and use the excuse 'Go ahead and shoot me watch what the admins will do', makes you a coward. Learn some respect, because with an attitude like that, I promise you wouldn't make it far in a post apocalyptic world.

Centrinoja    0

what you linked the copy & past from the Shoutbox Does not interfere in your transaction infact it shows you been the hostile one, you have missed out key facts like whom you was trading with and whom was interfering with your trade.

with the right info the admins can act.

i do however agree that people should let others trade whatever items they deem valuable enough without interference from outside sources.

Tronword    0

what you linked the copy & past from the Shoutbox Does not interfere in your transaction infact it shows you been the hostile one, you have missed out key facts like whom you was trading with and whom was interfering with your trade.

with the right info the admins can act.

i do however agree that people should let others trade whatever items they deem valuable enough without interference from outside sources.

Hostile in the fact that I said something in response to his interference and used a 'cuss' word? Please, if you're hurt by a little bit of casual cursing maybe you should stop RPing in a post-apocalyptic setting and go to a WoW server. And the shoutbox was used as in example of what happens in-game. Read the thread again, this time, slowly.

The entire point is to avoid the need for the admins to act. People RPing on this server shouldn't be able to dry their tears on the sleeves of an admin after getting shot in the face for interfering with a sale or insulting you in the TP. I'm all for a little bit of back and forth shit talk In Character (Which has been fun with the CTC guys). But don't hide out of character insults with a 'Shoot me and I'll tell' mentality. Man (Or woman) up.

Crowding    0

He just asked, and you went hostile. I agree with Centrinoja on this really. No need to get angry about him asking if they're really that rare.

Otherwise, use private chat instead of a public shoutbox.

never gonna work, anyone can be offended by anything, so everyone will shoot each other by some point.

just go away from the person you dont like, when he follows you tell him to stop, if he dont give him a warning, then shoot him.

only cause we have now a tradepost we dont need thousands of new rules, and we would end up like that if we would make rules the way you suggested.

greetz

Van