Server time: 2017-08-19, 03:36

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Justin

Cases of KOS.

Guest Justin   
Guest Justin

Lately i myself have been involved with some small and other cases of kos in the servers. I noticed the way the admins work to solve them is unfair in cases. Like for example a report of kos comes in and a gamemaster checks with the killers and gets their side of the story and automatically makes a decision based on one side which could be a lie. This is pretty unfair and should be looked into closer by higher up admins. Also i think the whole system that is set up for people announcing a robbery is really really poor. There should be factors of who you can rob (ratios) and what you have to say. You should have to make contact by general greeting and then tell them clearly 3 times in a row "This is a robbery" and so on with commands but the other party should have time to respond. I appreciate if you considered looking into this issue and thanks for your time.

Justin

Guest racoonman   
Guest racoonman

In my experience robbers systematically avoid announcing that it is any kind of robbery, to gain time to surround their victim. Then the only communication is "stop, lower your weapon, go there" and you have 2-3 guns pointed at you.

If they dont explicitly say its a robbery do I have the right to shoot them?

Shouldnt any kind of coersive behaviour count as banditry?

They may start of pretty innocently ("we'll give you your weapon back, get in the vehicle") and then escalate the situation once you're unarmed.

Guest Justin   
Guest Justin

Exactly there are may too many probelms with the current system of it which really isnt a system its all based on assumptions which causes disagreements and kos reports. This system needs to be more direct and improved overall. There are too many holes and ways for killers to get off free.

Grimzz    0

For your information

As I play in this server,i got robbed many times..

But i never got killed?

Just comply dont try anything stupid if you dont want to get shot..

And if you do want to fight back,and killed please don't report it as KOS,it is a legit kill.

just saying :)

Guest racoonman   
Guest racoonman

Yeah, false KOS-reports is wrong, :) but thats another topic.

What you are suggesting is basically "just dont make a fuzz, surrender to all robberies". I think that is a copout-way of tackling the situation.

Guest Justin   
Guest Justin

Not really, what i am getting at is making the guidelines to rob someone more strict and direct. As for example you must make sure they know it is a robbery (telling them multiple times and making sure they know with a reply) and then giving them more time to comply with commands other than just shooting them cause 3 seconds was too long to drop all their gear (which is not enough time at all and is pretty stupid). Also there should be a ratio rule somehow.

Crowding    0

If someone tells you to drop your gun, you should just drop it. You know what's going on.

If someone comes at you with a gun, aims at you, and says stop. Consider stopping.

Can't really ask bandits to be polite, they're bandits after all.

I've had no issues robbing anyone but you lot really. We even robbed Rolle and Grimzz. They complied, they did as requested. They even got their weapons back (Grimzz got his hatchet back I think ^^).

Anyway, you can't put rules on robbing. You make things too complicated like that.

Guest JohnAlso   
Guest JohnAlso

If i notice this is a robbery at any point am i able to pose a question such as: Are you sure about this? hearing there answer of "Yes" I should have the right to defend myself in anyway necessary whether it be run or fight. Sure the question is not strait forward but lets be honest neither is there approach to distract you while the others surround you.

Jedediah    0

I literally never comply with bandits. And usually I don't die. But I certainly don't make reports when I do.

Some people have a problem with losing, though. That's never going to change.

Guest WildBill   
Guest WildBill

hrmmm seems too me that if 3-4 people come up on me without stating that are friendly then start too surround me .....well I`ll mostly like just kill as many as I can as I can see where its headed without any communication at all. (hell I might just drop a frag at my feet)

If you behave suspisiously I`m gonna ask u one time only if you are friendly, you best answer yes very quickly. This is just common sense people. If someone points a gun at you KILL them.

Sign in to follow this