Server time: 2017-08-20, 00:33

Sign in to follow this  
Rolle

Trading Post Opens!

Rolle    2450

The trading post is open!

The trade post (TP) is a safe zone located in the north east Charnarus on the Klen mountain. The TP is marked as a blue circle on the map. Special rules apply for the TP:

- Trade Post is neutral: no group can control it, take it over or attack it.

- No hostile actions inside or around the trade post - that includes 50m zone around the base and the dirt road leading to it. You can rob freely when a player/vehicle gets on the main asphalt road or enters the forest surrounding the TP. No shooting, robbing or stealing from other players inside that zone.

- Unattended vehicles inside the TP are free to take. Vehicle thieves can be shot on sight.

- Camping inside/outside the TP, waiting for players to leave/arrive in order to rob them will be punished by a character reset for the whole bandit group.

The tradepost was created by Blizzard, big thanks to him.

Jij    0

May i suggest putting in a fuel tank and water pump or well?

HAGGLE    5

Water tank would be awesome (unless it's really there and we just didn't find it), but the place looks amazing! Should be fun

Guest RaghuC99   
Guest RaghuC99

So far away! :(

Mateus    0

So far away! :(

30-45 minutes running from cherno...not that far away

EDIT: without a compass

is there any possibility that players can become designated as merchants and maybe allow private tents or something *shrug*

Guest cleaner_leon   
Guest cleaner_leon

ayone who needs a ride try SoWe`s speedy delivery service

Saijak    0

Nice, a good place to find some work to do. ^^

Cya there all.

Crows Out!

i was there today and imo it just feels wrong to have a safe place like that.

Its kinda WoW´ish feeling up there.

2 posts of this without any admin controll would be deffinately more fun IMO.

this now is just a object in the middle of nothing, and am sure it will be abandoned very soon. Or the same people just stay there forever since they found them playstyles.

I appreciate the work tough that been made so far to get this stuff going, its a very nice idea but safe zones are just WRONG =)

greetz

van

Guest Dusty79   
Guest Dusty79

I have a question about the trading post,

Lets say for example, that i am at the TP, someone tries to steal my car that's parked there, there are no admins/guards on. Am I allowed to engage the thieves even thought its a safe zone?

P.s to Rolle and all the people that have helped implement this feature, GREAT JOB, it's refreshing to see this new addition, keep up the work folks, your all doing a sterling job :)

Grimzz    0

I have a question about the trading post,

Lets say for example, that i am at the TP, someone tries to steal my car that's parked there, there are no admins/guards on. Am I allowed to engage the thieves even thought its a safe zone?

P.s to Rolle and all the people that have helped implement this feature, GREAT JOB, it's refreshing to see this new addition, keep up the work folks, your all doing a sterling job :)

any1 stealing,robbing,killing in Trade Post area will get a Banhammer. :D

Guest farbaute   
Guest farbaute

i was there today and imo it just feels wrong to have a safe place like that.

Its kinda WoW´ish feeling up there.

2 posts of this without any admin controll would be deffinately more fun IMO.

this now is just a object in the middle of nothing, and am sure it will be abandoned very soon. Or the same people just stay there forever since they found them playstyles.

I appreciate the work tough that been made so far to get this stuff going, its a very nice idea but safe zones are just WRONG =)

greetz

van

+1

cobalt    0

To the people whining about having a safe zone.

First of all, a tiny area of the map where people can go to buy/sell or get hired as mercenaries or other jobs is not nearly as big of a deal as you are trying to make it out to be.

I think it's a good idea. It adds more dimension to the role playing experience. Have you ever considered that not everyone wants to run around cherno robbing people???

People that are Dayz veterans should welcome the new opportunities that the trading post brings.

The area is .01 percent of the map, if it feels so wrong for you, don't go there.

Guest farbaute   
Guest farbaute

To the people whining about having a safe zone.

First of all, a tiny area of the map where people can go to buy/sell or get hired as mercenaries or other jobs is not nearly as big of a deal as you are trying to make it out to be.

I think it's a good idea. It adds more dimension to the role playing experience. Have you ever considered that not everyone wants to run around cherno robbing people???

People that are Dayz veterans should welcome the new opportunities that the trading post brings.

The area is .01 percent of the map, if it feels so wrong for you, don't go there.

I don't think you understand our concern.

People are really lobbing for safe sones and the whole server to become nice rainbow land. As soon as someone suggest a KOS zone he gets flamed and hammerd down by the "survivors" who don't seem to want any PvP action at all.

Why does everything have to be controlled by the admins?

Let the people run the trading post if they want it so badly.

If they are not fit to run it they should not have it.

Right farbaut, when you say anything in the direction KOS areas or PvP your directly "whining" and you are advised to leave the server when rules dont suit yourselfe too much. I hate that attitude, we want to discuss things not like "gtfo when you dont like it dont join the server". Constructive posts please and we also dont want to rob people, we just dont want the majority of the gameplay to be in a safe trading hub, gathering loot killing zombies or driving people with cars around.

Player bases are the next step no matter whats your playstyle is. Please be cool Cobalt and understand that there people who have different playstyles.

greetz

Van