Server time: 2017-08-24, 08:54

Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustinP10

(Important) Using robbery as an excuse to kill someone is getting out of hand

Guest JustinP10   
Guest JustinP10

Guys, hear me out. This is beginning to become a bigger issue than it was before the server even started a whitelist. Walking up to random people and saying "hey this a robbery derp drop ur gunz" EVERY TIME YOU SEE SOMEONE IS NOT COOL. And then the kicker, you get killed if you refuse the robbery.

First off, if someone refuses your robbery, you need to establish a new situation for whatever is happening at the moment. Saying no does not give you the right to shoot them unless you suspect some real shit is about to go down or something.

I mean come on guys, I was riding around in my truck last night, catching up to my friends before some retard decided it would be fun to try and rob me, take my vehicle and (potentially) murder me. Mother fucker you think in real life if you did that the driver would just get out and give you his car? FUCK NO!

So what's this kid do? He tries to shoot and kill me. Unfortunately for him he had aim worse than Hellen Keller and didn't even hit me. But this in turn created a situation much worse. I met with my friends, and we went after the kid. He kept firing and we ran him over, SO, his group, whoever he was with, tried to ambush us. Why? Because your friend is a fucking idiot and couldn't conduct a proper robbery?

This is starting to turn in to some serious bullshit. WE had four vehicles between my group and I, and they all were destroyed because of some 15 year old douchebag who does not know how to play in this server. Don't get me wrong, I love playing on this server, but this shit needs to stop. People like us donate our own money to keep this server running and so we can buy a vehicle. Yes that vehicle becomes our own responsibility, but it should be taken from you after a person decides to KOS you if you deny his robbery.

People need to be more creative! If you have no business robbing someone, let them go! Go buy a vehicle yourself or something! It's cheap as hell! If all you're going to do is rob someone just so you can get their gear or a vehicle then go to a public server. You won't even have to waste your breath yelling "DERP ROBBERY IN PROGRESS GIMME STUFF" as you can KOS as much as your little heart desires.

My .02 take it or leave it.

Grimzz    0

In short..

you are mad because the robber group destroyed your vehicles?

So they aim to destroy your vehicles not to steal it from you?

well some mean group they are :(

Guest JustinP10   
Guest JustinP10

In short..

We destroyed our own vehicles.

Guest De4dCert   
Guest De4dCert

In short..

We destroyed our own vehicles.

I put my SUV into the guys face :)

Guest farbaute   
Guest farbaute

All i could read was *cry cry cry cry*...

If you don't want to lose your precious vehicles then just sit and camp then you whiner..

Or even better, stop playing DayZ!?!? Beacuse here you are gonna die and here you are gonna get your stuff stolen.

I hope i will meet you ingame, beacuse im not only gonna rob you, im also gonna torch your car infront of your eyes. :)

Guest JustinP10   
Guest JustinP10

If you don't want to lose your precious vehicles then just sit and camp then you whiner..

Or even better, stop playing DayZ!?!? Beacuse here you are gonna die and here you are gonna get your stuff stolen.

I hope i will meet you ingame, beacuse im not only gonna rob you, im also gonna torch your car infront of your eyes. :)

What's your name in game guy?

Grimzz    0

Farbaute what you are saying is insulting and flamming and it is bannable.

Please respect other player.

you have been warned.

SuperDarly    0

I always thought the way to refuse a robbery was to say "No" and open up on the guy. Or if it's a group you drop a nade and go out in a blaze of glory.

Guest broosy   
Guest broosy

If all you're going to do is rob someone just so you can get their gear or a vehicle then go to a public server.

But this is a zombie apocalypse? Stuff is going to get stolen, people are going to get killed. Why else would people rob you, lol? What else is there to gain in a robbery besides your stuff, a lot of people aren't just going to go "hey that's a nice vehicle, have fun!" and be on their way.

Although i never hijack cars or rob people, i accept the fact that there are people out there who want to do this and its MY responsibility to take care of MY stuff, not have Admins or server rules baby everyone so they can have a nice joy ride around chernarus with the best gear shooting zombies.

I wouldn't play this game as much if that was the case, its being on the edge, not knowing who to trust or if there is an ambush up ahead waiting for me, that's what makes me want to keep playing it keeps the feeling of danger constant.

Guest JustinP10   
Guest JustinP10

I understand fellas but the main point I'm trying to get at here is that some of these people just use the robbery as an excuse to murder someone. Hey you don't want to drop your weapons? Fine dead! and it's worse for the victim because they're not sure what to do. Refuse the robbery and die? Give up all your stuff and leave? OR refuse and shoot the player, possibly resulting in him/her claiming KOS and you getting banned.

Guest DonkeyPuncherXxX   
Guest DonkeyPuncherXxX

It's funny how people read tthis post and say it's jsut how it is, but they don't stop to think about the fact that the reason people play here is to get away from the KoS and actually have a nice roleplaying experience, Instead this server is mroe or less the exact same, just with possibilities to donate for cars and skins. As a matter of fact We should file reports on people like that kid yesterday, because the only reason ur allowedt o shoot a vehicle if it's trying to get around your road block, AND you've told em to stop, if not you are not even allowed to take out the tires, but this guy just saw a car driving, then went for the kill. Then Mr. CB shoes up and backs him up. I was told CB is all about the rules, but My many encoutners with em have proven otherwise.

cobalt    0

People need to be more creative! If you have no business robbing someone, let them go! Go buy a vehicle yourself or something! It's cheap as hell! If all you're going to do is rob someone just so you can get their gear or a vehicle then go to a public server. You won't even have to waste your breath yelling "DERP ROBBERY IN PROGRESS GIMME STUFF" as you can KOS as much as your little heart desires.

END QUOTE

I guess my question is what are bandits supposed to do if they don't get to go after your gear or cars? I do agree with the fact that some people enjoy killing and use robbery as an excuse to murder, but I'm hoping they are the minority.

Jedediah    0

Someone tried to rob me today in Cherno. I was like 'are you robbing me?' after he told me to put my stuff on the ground, he was like 'yes, this is a robbery'

So I ran through the tents, zig zagging, around a wall, through a couple buildings, into a field, into the woods. Guy couldnt get a shot to hit :)

Then I circled back, followed him, found him, watched him log in a building, then tank trapped and barb wired that building so he can't get out.

pomp    0

this guy just saw a car driving, then went for the kill. Then Mr. CB shoes up and backs him up. I was told CB is all about the rules, but My many encoutners with em have proven otherwise.

Just wanted to say, I've watched the latest video on this encounter. Perhaps you should listen in here as one of your own even says that he tried to rob you.

CaptainClaw    0

So what I see here is someone compaining about being robbed, him refusing the robbery, and getting killed all the time... So in a sence you want this server to be a happy playfull let's all love each other until the zombies get us server?

And as for establishing new situation if someone says no.... No they don't they are trying to rob you at this point you can kill them why would they then after hearing you say no go " ah ok well how a bout a trade" or better yet "please let me rob you".

This is not a cearbear server... Banditing is allowed. As is robbery. If you don't want to get shot when being robbed... Give. Him the car or run has ass over

I'm closing this before it turns into a flame war

CaptainClaw