Server time: 2017-10-21, 03:23
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
VanValdenburg

Money for donation shop/rMod introduction/new vehicles and skins ?

The donation shop is a great thing in this community, loved by many but also hated by alot during the fact that people who donate get a huge advantage.

There is no way to obtain a fully repaired car with fuel directly spawning at your position after a server restart. This IS a huge advantage to whoever bought this vehicle.

I asked myselfe if it should be possible to obtain such a vehicle in this way without donation. First i thought we should leave it like that but the rMod is beeing introduced soon and since it brings alot more vehicles] and character skins with it we should think about other ways to get those items.

Here comes the tricky part.

We need a currency. Things that represent money with wich you can buy the stuff in the donation store.

Then we need a procedure that makes sure that the owner of the money gets his items after he bought it and ofc that the money is taken from the owner.

Also if a tent has to be placed in order to delete the "money" or if it can be safely deleted out of the backpack, or a backpack laying on the ground.

Maybe even piles of "money" laying on the ground, here it comes down to usability.

Now everyone, what is the Money you want? Wich item should be considered as currency?

Please also leave comments when you are against this idea and why you are against it.

Personally i think watches and maps would be a great currency since noone rlly needs them, everyone got a map and has some money at start (even when its just abit), its fairly easy for every player to get them but alone it will take alot of time to gather enough to buy something.

thx for reading this wall

greetz

Van

Halo    0

I say ammo

Like nato ammo or akm ammo or like each ammo is a differ ent type like m107 round is equal to £50

Wow that was fast User thanks for reply =)

i have concerns about ammo since everyone uses them ;) we dont need a currency that saves us from inflation since the money will be deleted after purchasing.

iam scared that it will end up so that noone will shoot a bullet or that noone cares to buy stuff that way since they need the bullets to kill zeds xD

greetz

Van

Grimzz    0

If the currency is in form of ammo..I guess im the richest guy in the server atm.-__-''

sarcasm83    0

Hmmmm, sorry but I think I have to disagree. I think it's a good thing the donators get a thank you (after all, donations are pretty much needed and the donation shop is a great way to motivate people into donating.) - yet, it's not actually a huge advantage, in my opinion, as 1 more vehicle to the server means 1 more vehicle up for grabs to anyone. And as the vehicles don't have any guns and a heli isn't buyable, I think it's not a too overpowering thing, giving any real advantage over anyone, just making it faster to move through the map.

Sure, it gets you to the lootspots faster, but that also means there's going to be some vehicles parked around the lootspots every now and then. And ofcourse they can be stolen.

Not that the whole currency idea is actually terrible as an idea - actually pretty cool, but I think it'd be pretty damn tricky to pull off.

And at least I'm not expecting to keep my spawned donation shop vehicles that long, as the servers are constantly full. No matter how well I hide it, someone will find it eventually. So it's also an advantage to the community. More vehicles, more fun :)

BUT if this would happen, I vote tin cans as currency. Then they'd actually serve a purpose and it'd kinda remind me of fallout and it's bottlecap currency.

Guest farbaute   
Guest farbaute

Im voting for ammo! If anyone of you have ever played Metro 2033 you would know why. :P

But since it supposed to be a post-apocalyptic world and people Need ammo to survive it also speak for itself that ammo or food would become the new currency.

For now everything is fine but imagine when rMod brings alot of items into the shop.

Currencie would spice things up since you have something that is worth doing stuff.

When for example watches would be a currencie, there would be less people only farming the military spots on the map. Also there would be a group goal, weapons you can find alone very eficiently but when it comes down to collect 30 watches for a car you will need people to help you.

Imagine you get robbed, dont want to loose your equip or gun, just have enough watches with you to pay the bandit off. Watches is a good example since you can only store them in your backpack, bandit has a look and might let you go only for the watches.

Bandits will do greater things to get a grab on your watches, that means more risk for them to fail in the robbery, for example they take your friend hostage....and they want watches xD

The trading hub is another great thing here, with a currencie there would be more going on in terms of trading buying and selling stuff. Imo the really valuable things are to uncommon for a fluid trading community.

greetz

Van

Jij    0

Technically in an apocalypse fuel would be currency, but obviously in this game tehre is unlimited fuel so yeh it ould never be ammo, as ammo and weapons r easy to make.