Server time: 2017-08-21, 04:42

Sign in to follow this  
Rolle

Make RP2 permanent mirror

Should RP2 be made permanent server running on the same HIVE as RP1?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Should RP2 be made permanent server running on the same HIVE as RP1?

• Yes
    • No

Rolle    2453

Hi guise.

The first idea was to create two separate databases, or HIVEs for RP1 and RP2. That way we don't have the problem of ghosting.

But there's so many of us and I bet nobody wants to be in a situation where your friends are on the other server and you are alone. Because of that and other technical reasons, my suggestion is to keep RP2 up 24/7, as a mirror to RP1 - sharing the same database. Here are some positive and negative things about the idea:

+ Community is not split between two servers

+ Everyone can play together

+ Daytime on RP2 during night on RP1 for those who do not like playing when it's dark.

+ Donation vehicles will be allowed to spawn on RP2.

- Ghosting

- Ghosting

- More ghosting

All log-ins and log-outs on both servers are logged (even when you alt-F4), so finding ghosters with an application that analyzes these logs would be much easier, but you have to be prepared that it would still happen. At least until rocket or private server dev's come up with a better solution.

Please vote and leave your comment below regarding this idea.

Thanks!

I would really love having the two servers share the same database. As you said, I would hate being split up from my friends and/or foes. Since everything is logged, we'll quickly have Ghostbusters on the case.

Guest Issac Burg   
Guest Issac Burg

Great idea!

+1 yes

Strangelove    0

+1 for mirror

sarcasm83    0

I vote yes.

I think the benefits to the community outweight the problems caused by ghosting, as I'd like to think at least most people here have a sense of legitness and won't ghost. And if they do, it's often probably pretty easy to determine who did it and can be punished.

Also RP1 is full so often, that I haven't dared to buy a vehicle with my donations - as a scenario of my vehicle spawning upon a restart and me not getting in because the server is full frightens me :D

Also the whole daytime nighttime thing is a great idea.. Yesterday Rp2 had more people just because RP1 had night on it, so ... people do like that aspect already.

And also wouldn't like the idea of having 2 separate servers, as it would indeed divide us in 2 and it'd be harder to make friends, when the guy you were wanting to meet up with has a character on a different server than you do.

Kinda all the points you made, lol, but anyway - I support this :)

Tosme    0

Just remember, if this will be shared hive, ghosting will be punished.

PerfyNormal    0

RP wise there shouldn't be a mirror.

Maybe if there is like 4(more or less) set points of transfer where you have to travel to. Airplanes or something that are meant to "travel" between time zones, have a 20 minute transfer time or something.

Ghosting can happen on purpose and by mistake, if base player constructed bases happens to be added people will accidentally end up in these areas and get killed or robbed right after logging in.

To solve that the constructed objects can end up on both sides, which could cause other problems such as buildings spawning on top of vehicles or players in the area.

Timezone wise, people from all over probably wants to play together. Maybe change day and night cycle to 3 to 5 hours night and the rest day time.

Joppe    0

Would be fun with a different map. I'm a bit bored of the one we have today. Rain, rain, rain... darkness... grey... so sad map. Would love some with maybe a SUN?

So my vote is no.

I like chernarus its the perfect setting for this game, for example lingor is too happy and holiday like, maybe faluhja would be nice, not too much holiday feeling there and alot of buildings.

greetz

Van

Guest Zero   
Guest Zero

Please do this, i have tried to play with my friends multiple times today and the server is just constantly full.

+Support.

kazeen    0

RP wise there shouldn't be a mirror.

Maybe if there is like 4(more or less) set points of transfer where you have to travel to. Airplanes or something that are meant to "travel" between time zones, have a 20 minute transfer time or something.

Ghosting can happen on purpose and by mistake, if base player constructed bases happens to be added people will accidentally end up in these areas and get killed or robbed right after logging in.

To solve that the constructed objects can end up on both sides, which could cause other problems such as buildings spawning on top of vehicles or players in the area.

Timezone wise, people from all over probably wants to play together. Maybe change day and night cycle to 3 to 5 hours night and the rest day time.

Agree

Spok    0

+1 to "Yes" answer. Why?

I'm in the Eastern Europe TZ, so I wil generally play RP 1, ok... But when I have time to play DayZ after my work, RP 1 is full already (almost everytime). What should I do then? So the only answer for me and those like me is to go and play elsewhere, if there is no room on RP 1 (and all my gear is there).

Just make RP 2 a mirror, so everybody can play without hackers and scripters on this great servers. And punish ghosting anally :)

Guest Heinz   
Guest Heinz

Hi guise.

Have to do this, guys*

Dergeno    0

votet no. i would like rp2 to have its own hive and a different map. but i am thankfull for whatever you do with your server!

Jij    0

how much money u need to make rp1 100 slot?

I vote YES, as I think having the extra room in a sense will allow everyone who likes to play with there friends possible if either server is too full. and with ghosting punishable and the the whitelist I don't think it will to much of an issue.