Server time: 2017-10-19, 11:02
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
=SuttY=

A Warning to all BANDITS........

=SuttY=    0

This is a warning to all Thieves, Murders and Bandits that are operating within the region of Chernarus.......

As we are stuck here in this accursed place, our primary objective is the survival of our team. However while we are here we intend on helping any and all FRIENDLY survivors that we meet along our journey. If you are fortunate enough to encounter our team and need assistance we will do what we can to support you. Do NOT mistake this kindness for weakness. Those who are involved in criminal activities against other survivors will be given no quarter!

From this point forward those who approach any member of [s-GRU] with threats of "STOP" or "LOWER YOUR WEAPON" will be treated as aggressors and therefore will be met with EXTREME PREJUDICE! We WILL fire upon you unless you state your purpose before asking us to lower our weapons. If you want to communicate, we suggest you make yourself know as friendly or say nothing and carry on about your business. Those who choose to go "the way of the gun" and try to rob us WILL be engaged and WILL be fired upon. You have been warned!

We are prepared to die, we DO NOT negotiate and we DO NOT surrender..........we are Spetznaz

[s-GRU]

I bet they know when to shoot, when someone asks me to lower my gun it should be like this: "can you lower your gun please?" or maybe "please lower your gun." not like "lower your gun!" or "stop and lower your gun!"

Sometimes people are a bit aggressive, but a lot say "identify yourselfe" wich imo is one of the best.

Its RP here and you have to be aware what words can provoke, when yelling at someone he should lower the gun right there its possible to get a bullet in the head right there :D

greetz

Van

Heresiarch    0

Well, anyone who starts speaking to me with anything else but "friendly", gets to see the business end of my gun for the rest of the conversation. Anyone sayng "stop", "lower your weapon" or anything else along these lines immediately suffers major lead poisoning or a severe case of the scatter-brain disease. Nothing personal, but I've been robbed more times than I've eaten canned food, so I like to be on the safe side all the time. Considering that plenty of times I've been robbed by the same people I've just looted an airfield or an industrial complex with, it's not an unreasonable behavior really.

CaptainClaw    0

Well, anyone who starts speaking to me with anything else but "friendly", gets to see the business end of my gun for the rest of the conversation. Anyone sayng "stop", "lower your weapon" or anything else along these lines immediately suffers major lead poisoning or a severe case of the scatter-brain disease.

And you will suffer the BANHAMMER as a KOS'er :)

Tosme    0

If someone yells "stop" it might just be a cryout for help.

Shooting someone because of that and I'll gladly swing my banhammer in your direction.

Bendy    1

yea exactly wasup with that...cmon guys dont just shoot someone because they say lower ur weapon...they didnt say DROP your weapon...

Heresiarch    0

If someone yells "stop" it might just be a cryout for help.

Shooting someone because of that and I'll gladly swing my banhammer in your direction.

Don't try to be so friendly to me, it's a bit embarassing.

I can tell a cry for help from a demand to stop. Not to mention that no one in his right mind asks for help, starting with saying "stop". If I deem that I was threatened, I open fire without waiting for the guy to catch up and level a gun at my head.

If a bandit says stop and I do not comply, he can shoot me and it doesn't count as KoS. If I don't want to be robbed and shoot first, it does. See where the problem lies here? You can't just make demands and expect them to be met with anything else but agression.

I actually agree with your reasoning Heresiarch, but I myself have stopped (:rolleyes:) people with "stop", simply because they looked threatening and were walking towards/around my cover, probably unwittingly, but who knows.

I would find it totally acceptable if somebody opened fire on me for me yelling "stop", because that's what bandits do as well...

Grimzz    0

Somebody yelled at me..Stop i need help..i stop and ask him,what may i help you..He yell this is a robbery drop your bag!! Okay -__-''

Heresiarch    0

Somebody yelled at me..Stop i need help..i stop and ask him,what may i help you..He yell this is a robbery drop your bag!! Okay -__-''

Well, that's robbery classics for you. It might have been better if he said that he's been attacked by bandits and his friend is badly wounded and bleeding out.

I actually agree with your reasoning Heresiarch, but I myself have stopped (:rolleyes:) people with "stop", simply because they looked threatening and were walking towards/around my cover, probably unwittingly, but who knows.

A demand to stop from someone you are running towards sounds pretty reasonable. If someone is running towards you or even trailing you, however, and yells you to stop, you can safely assume that directions to the nearest library is not what he wants. Especially if that someone has company.

Still "friendly!" or even "how are you doing, sir?" is a much better way to show you are not hostile.

Zoarial    0

I believe what Tosme and Claw are getting at is; There are many friendly bandits out there including the admins them selves. They don't want someone who's part of the "med squad" (an example not a real group to the best of my knowledge) who is non-combative to suddenly get shot at as they say "FREZZE AND DROP YOUR GUNS!" when you are approching their medical base. It has happened before.

Heresiarch    0

Well, people will get shot if they greet everyone with "Freeze and drop your guns!" It's just the nature of things. No one would think that a group of guys pointing guns at him and shouting threats is a friendly medic squad. Not to mention that outright threats in general are a pretty strange thing to say for someone who is non-combative.

From what I've read in the rules KoS regulations are there to illiminate uprovoked killing, not to make a bandit's live easier.

Zoarial    0

I agree but that doesn't mean you don't have to check your targets, you could be in someones base, or be walking into a firefight. They are just pointing out to be careful of who you are shooting. Not trying to be intimidating.

SteelRain    0

You absolutely can't just shoot someone for saying "Stop", "Wait' or "Can you lower your gun?" I can think of a dozen non hostile situations that can be used in. I think a great part of it is case to case. Like if someone yells "FREEZE AND DROP YOUR GUN" I totally agree I would shoot them about 8 times. On the other hand if I was running at a player and they yell "Stop!" I have no reason to shoot them or anything of the sorts. They just want me to stop, because I look threatening.