Server time: 2017-10-19, 12:51
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Rolle

Whitelist and server wipe

Rolle    2941

Hello there survivors!

As previously announced, a server wipe and introduction of a whitelist instead of a password protection will be happening this friday.

Server wipe will occur on 16:00 UTC on friday, 2012-09-28.

All characters, vehicles and gear will be deleted. The server will shutdown 2 hours earlier, at approximately 14:00 to prepare for the introduction of the whitelist.

You can apply for the whitelist by using the link on the top of the page, the form is quite rough around the edges, if you encounter any errors please PM me.

Whitelist and wipe FAQ:

- RP2 will stay down for the weekend, in order to prepare it for use with a seperate database.

- Donors and higher ranks are whitelisted automatically.

- All donation items will be refunded to be used after the wipe.

Will add more later on, I'm really tired after coding the whole whitelist backend :P

"- All donation items will be refunded to be used after the wipe."

does that include all vehicles we ever bought/used on the server before?

or just the pending one?

greetz

van

Mateus    0

You could also implement rMod with the whitelist. this way we can redistribute the donor points to the new stuff as we like

Guest Ganon   
Guest Ganon

Sorry for my stupidity, but doesn't whitelist mean you carry your gear from any whitelisted server to any other one?

David    0

As whitelisted player you have the access to both servers once they are up after the wipe.

Donated player will have refund and pick again the stuff you want of the same worth than earlier.

Gears will be deleted from everyone.

This is how i understood it

I cant figure out how to even install rmod, i use dayz commander, but i have the game on steam. not sure launch parameters and directories.... very confusing. anywho, cant wait for the server wipe. starting fresh is easy lol

Larsson    0

I'm glad we're becoming a whitelist community!

Inquiry, will we need to send you our GUID, Rolle?

Fantomen    0

Will there be a page where we can see whether we have been whitelisted or not? Will we able to see everyone who's whitelisted?

Grimzz    0

Will there be a page where we can see whether we have been whitelisted or not? Will we able to see everyone who's whitelisted?

U can see if you are accepted in Whitlist Application page..

Awesomebaum    0

Nice job Rolle!

Really appreciate your work and looking forward to the whitelist.

Hopefully the wipe won't result in chaos like it did on private server from other games. :D

Guest jakek95   
Guest jakek95

Which GUID do we give u ? The arma 2 or arma 2 operation arrowhead?

Guest Lunarity   
Guest Lunarity

"- All donation items will be refunded to be used after the wipe."

does that include all vehicles we ever bought/used on the server before?

or just the pending one?

greetz

van

@VanValdenburg - Yes, You'll be able to spawn all vehicles You ever bought. All of them will get pending status.

-------

Sorry for my stupidity, but doesn't whitelist mean you carry your gear from any whitelisted server to any other one?

@Ganon RP1 and RP2 will be a separate hives. All what You got on RP1 stays at RP1 not on any other server, no exceptions : )

-------

As whitelisted player you have the access to both servers once they are up after the wipe.

Donated player will have refund and pick again the stuff you want of the same worth than earlier.

Gears will be deleted from everyone.

This is how i understood it

@Teme - You understood it almost perfect. Donators will get back their cars with pending status. So They can Use them once again : )

------

@Fantomen - Grimzz told You, but if You still don't know, I'm posting a image. And You can read there: "You are currently whitelisted with the following PlaierID: [You'r PlayerID here]"

19pla

-------

Which GUID do we give u ? The arma 2 or arma 2 operation arrowhead?

@Jakek95 Simply run Dayz , go to You'r profile and check PlayerID.

For everyone Who don't know how to do this - simply click

For YouTube video : )

-------

I hope that i answered You'r questions correctly, if no, ask again or send me a pm :)

If You prefer steam acc - check my signature.

Guest D01tY   
Guest D01tY

Damn! send one a little fast and didnt write down the player id and age! and i have to wait 24h to do a application again haha *stupid me* xD

Guest StupidGod   
Guest StupidGod

Damn! send one a little fast and didnt write down the player id and age! and i have to wait 24h to do a application again haha *stupid me* xD

My friend have this issue too. Not comfortable system.

Guest bipolarbear   
Guest bipolarbear

agreed. not a very good system at the moment - my application appears to have been rejected without explanation. and I believe i filled in the form correctly. i know this site had trouble with hackers and whattever, but its gone from one end of the scale to the other.

Rolle    2941

Don't want to sound like an elitist here, but if you "miss" to fill a field when sending in an application then you haven't spent enough time on it - you will get rejected.

Currently we only accept exceptional applications - we have so many active players and so few available slots on the servers that I can afford to filter out those who show no effort or interest in writing a good and thorough application.

That being said I have added additional check when sending in an application - if you leave any required fields empty you will receive an error.

Guest bipolarbear   
Guest bipolarbear

You are being elitist, and while I can appreciate that doing what you're doing takes a lot of work, you need to come down off your pedestal. and you're shooting yourself in the foot - i was prepared to donate - and i know this would automatically whitelist me - but now i am not. There are other private servers, yours is not the only one. If any questions on your form were not answered, it means they either made no sense or I simply did not understand how to answer them. Sorry if I am not "exceptional" enough for you. It's just a game - dayz being in apha is so quirky to get running in the first place this is one additional hoop to jump though that players do not need. So congratulations on having so many users that you can afford to pick and choose, and good luck with your server because I think you're going to need it.

Rolle    2941

I know there is plenty of servers out there, yet nobody is forcing you to play here. I am trying to create a tight knit community that will follow few simple rules we've set and just have fun without having to worry about scripters or campers. Filtering out those who just want to join without contributing to the community is the first step of improving the gameplay.

Since introduction of the whitelist we've had a handful of KoS reports, before that we got over 20 during a weekend. The numbers speak for themselves.

Bendy    1

rolle ur the man. Keep up the good work, some community members are selfish...and that guy named himself bipolar haha. Main part of the community wuvs u so dont ever get down becuz theirs always gona be those small amount of nay sayers. ROLLE 2012!