Server time: 2017-10-20, 14:27
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Skyth

Role Play Points?

Skyth    0

Okay, here is an idea,

What if you add a point system where a person can accumulate points to get a reward (vehicle or something?). If you follow the rules you'll get points. If you rob people and they are not listening, instead of killing them you wound them (shoot the legs, knock them unconsious etc).

With this point system rules will be followed better I believe and if one does something bad you can always punish them by remove all or some of his points?

Just a vague idea but might be a good addition, whats your thoughts about it?

stitch    0

How about adding another position to the administration and people can submit videos of their endevours, that way noone would have to watch them all the time but just the ones who submit, and the ones found to bring exceptionally good roleplaying to the table might be rewarded in some small way?

Skyth    0

Good idea stitch, RPmasters. They watch the video's etc, ofcourse they play ingame aswell so they might meet people that play well, thus awarding them one point. And I guess if a player earns one point, he's not able to earn a point for the next 3 days? So the RPmasters aren't spammed with 'GIEF POINT!'. Ofcourse, if one sends in a bad video, points can be substracted :D

I'm sure there are many ways to deal with spam problems etc, its still just a very rough sketch of the whole idea, but it might be a nice addition.

stitch    0

then just focus on rewarding the good i dont see why we have to worry about subtracting points, just have a system that promotes roleplaying well, and it doesnt have to be just good stuff either well roleplayed banditry should be awarded too.

Awesomebaum    0

I honestly don't think it's a great idea with the videos.

You can also just play them, talk to a friend on TS and just record it.

Also not everyone has a computer which can handle recording and playing the game with a decent FPS rate.

Skyth    0

videos could be an addition, the main way to earn points would be in game moments admins and rp-masters would see

kazeen    0

you could get stats, seen servers with automated stats tracking.

I know nothing about arma's server setup or scripts or i would do it.

Worked with java some making plugins for my minecraft server but thats about it.

stitch    0

you could get stats, seen servers with automated stats tracking.

seing as were discussing rewarding "good" roleplaying, how would a stat track that?

kazeen    0

If the stat tracking did monthly averages you could give monthly rewards based off them.

People being able to see whose killed the most people and so far on the main website is as close you will get until someone makes the points rewards system.

Rolle    2952

A month is a pretty long period of time, but I could easily create weekly rewards that would be given to alive characters every sunday:

- Zombie Annihilator (most zombies killed)

- SuperHuman Aim (most headshots done)

- Ultimate Survivor (longest survive time)

and maybe some other titles? Just an idea.

Awesomebaum    0

The longest survive time should be restricted to players who actively play though.

Would be cool to have something like this added.

Tosme    0

The longest survive time should be restricted to players who actively play though.

Think it's time played that's being recorded, not offline time.

Grimzz    0

Think it's time played that's being recorded, not offline time.

If how long you survive ingame is counted..i might go online,go corner of map with camp with many food and drink..and sit there all day -__-''

Dergeno    0

A month is a pretty long period of time, but I could easily create weekly rewards that would be given to alive characters every sunday:

great idea - and if its easily done, please do it.

some more ideas:

- Michael Schumacher (drove longest way in a vehicle)

- Darwins Victim (died the most)

- Mother Theresa (most humanity earned)

[x] NO titles that encourage bad behavior like robbing or shooting other people.

sarcasm83    0

I've never shot a person during my almost 100 hours in DayZ.

Sure, it'd be nice to sometimes be rewarded for that too, as in-game that hasn't really done me any good. No matter how much I comply to robbers and how friendly I am, my vehicles get blown up and I get killed :)

Awesomebaum    0

Dergeno, I don't think there shouldn't be any rewards for bandits.

Even Rocket himself doesn't want to give the heroes and advantage, just as you would in real life, no one would have an advantage over the other.

Bandit playstyle is just a way to play the game and it shouldn't be hated.

As I already said I like the idea of having those rewards, maybe even to 3 people for each category, for example the guy with the most headshots and then the other two guys who have the second most headshots.

Skyth    0

If the zombies would be MUCH more dangerous, then people would more easily co-operate. Ofcourse there are always some ***************** that will betray you at some point.