Server time: 2017-08-16, 13:15

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Zer0x

Camps with buildings

Skyth    0

I like the idea, but with a few additions, say you have a list of possible building and each building has different resource points, say building a needs 20 tanktraps, 5 sandbags and 30 barbed wire. Building B needs 10 tanktraps 15 sandbags and 0 barbed wire. You don't actually place all this things about, just place one tanktrap with a tent next to it with all the goods in it. Admin takes the tent and all the stuff in it and then places the building.

If just one tanktrap is needed the whole map will be one huge spam of buildings :)

Those are my thoughts :)

Glenn    10

To many players in the server. every camp will get blown up or looted every hour

Rolle    2440

Someone already suggested an idea like that - turning tents with materials in them to buildings. It's very easy to do and no scripts are required, although it's additional manual work for me. There are 3 problems though:

1. We need a list of materials and buildings available to spawn.

2. Buildings can only be spawned between restarts (just like donation vehicles)

3. Buildings are not destructible: after a while there will be many, many buildings placed around the map, which can decrease performance. To counter that we could say that a building has a lifespan of 1 week and will be deleted after that.

Guest sreolla   
Guest sreolla

Another thing is limit one Building per player (delete after banned no longer here). Or one decent sized building per Clan. Helps get large groups out of cherno and stop camping the firehall xD

Skyth    0

Maybe have the option for 3 sorts of bases and a clan needs to gather something something materials to get one of those bases?

DrParabola    0

Yeah, if this was going to be put it, I'd suggest maybe limiting the building to clans only. If the clan has a certain number of people they need to get a certain amount of supplies then can have a building. That was there wont be many buildings and they can stay. You could maybe put the clan member requirement to maybe 10 or more people.

Someone already suggested an idea like that - turning tents with materials in them to buildings. It's very easy to do and no scripts are required, although it's additional manual work for me. There are 3 problems though:

1. We need a list of materials and buildings available to spawn.

2. Buildings can only be spawned between restarts (just like donation vehicles)

3. Buildings are not destructible: after a while there will be many, many buildings placed around the map, which can decrease performance. To counter that we could say that a building has a lifespan of 1 week and will be deleted after that.

Amazing to hear, i just wonder why the trading post is so complicated then.

I will come up with some ideas when youre rlly willing to make this extra work and then let the community decide wich model they like most.

greetz

Van

Dergeno    0

make buildings really really expensive (ingame currency), but permanent. so people have to work together to get a building.

Blizzard    0

if it helps i know a list of buildings by class name that do not spawn loot or zombies,would be nice for roleplay.

there is most of the enterable buildings from the desert if you dont mind mud looking buildings.

Guest Charles Manson   
Guest Charles Manson

I messed around on Dayz Asylum when I found out they were doing it. They have an automated method...

http://www.dayzasylum.com/conlist.php

You plant a tent, fill it with the required materials, it appears in your character page on the website, click the build button on that specific tent, it creates the structure.

I am not sure the scripting used behind the scenes but it's integrated into the website/character data.

Blizzard    0

that would be convenient to have for this kindof thing, i figure it would work serverside but im not sure how it works thru the site

Bendy    1

yea as long as these buildings dont cause lag..u know like the tents and stuff rolle cleans up...because they cause lag or w.e...Im all for it as long as server isnt affected negatively.

Jij    0

you could make permanent buildings alredy in map designated bases, ppl have to claim those buildings and then they can add to them with these addons maybe? ie polana factory with watch towers.

It could also help add spice to events etc.