Server time (UTC): 2022-01-22 06:06

Suggestion to increase the playerbase!

Playerbase Poll  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Suggestion: While I am sure that the Staff team is doing an excellent job maintaining the server and it's policies, I would suggest that we start to encourage our current whitelisted players and the Staff team to advertise the server more and bring more attention to it, I feel like that a youtube video should be made highlighting some of the best moments that took place on the server to bring more attention and expand the playerbase.

Reason for the change: Steady decline in the number of active players.

Examples: Public announcements, more events, advertising through other DayZ forums, inventing a referral system for players.

• MVP

This suggestion is kind of non-sense to me. There has been many discussions and threads about change and whatnot, all regarding an increase of the player base.

The question is not if something should be done but what could support a bigger player base.

• Diamond

This is kinda redundant? There's nothing of substance in your suggestion. Only thing you really suggested is more events which is something that is suggested on basically every thread.

• Diamond

No

Edit: Obviously joking, what kind of suggestion is this?

Edited by Squillium
22 minutes ago, Ron said:

This suggestion is kind of non-sense to me. There has been many discussions and threads about change and whatnot, all regarding an increase of the player base.

The question is not if something should be done but what could support a bigger player base.

I think the Poll helps the community realize, that there is a group of players who would rather squat in their tiny rp community and ignore the issues instead of actually trying to better the server for fear of change. If you think that less than 15% of the old population is a good place to be at then you gotta be cray cray.

• MVP
34 minutes ago, corinth king said:

I think the Poll helps the community realize, that there is a group of players who would rather squat in their tiny rp community and ignore the issues instead of actually trying to better the server for fear of change. If you think that less than 15% of the old population is a good place to be at then you gotta be cray cray.

I'm not sure if you got what I said nor if I got what you are trying to say.

I try again: it is fucking obvious that there needs to be a change. We don't need a suggestion thread for that. Question is how can a bigger playerbase be reached within the nyheim project. If you take a glimpse at the forums it is not hard to figure that people indeed seemed to have realized.

To critizie players who actually play active within the servers (internally group rp or else) during times of a low playerbase is even more non-sense to me.

Nothing crazy about that. 🤷‍♀️

I recently made an account and am waiting to be white listed. As someome who was looking for a rp commumity like 5 hours ago something that i think would help grow the playerbase would be a more active youtube channel and shameless plugs on something like reddit. 

It wouldn't affect the quality of players coming in due to the whitelisting process. Youtube would take more time but would let people experience the map and style of community and give them enthusiasm for the long sign up process.

The content can then be shared by active members to reddit and other social media when someone asks "what's a good online community" 

Alternatively, you could do an organised "dayzrp needs you" recruitment drive with a few weekends dedicated to new players joining with some community events. This can be put on the youtube channel which should help get more new players for the next new player weekend.

However, I've not even played on this server yet and I have no idea if this has been done before and could be a logistical nightmare.

Edited by CoyTheFatFish
Spelling mistakes