Server time: 2017-08-22, 05:38

Sign in to follow this  
SoWeMeetAgain

Rule suggestion: good reason to kill

Above all other rules about killing should be the following:

You need good reason to kill someone. Also this reason has to be within the role playing realm.

examplea: giving someone 5 seconds to comply and shoot him even though he is facing away from you/lying on the ground not facing you, is NOT good reason.

I'm not saying you should be able to just not react and be safe, but damn it people, don't look for reasons to kill, sometimes it takes a little while longer to drop that hatchet. Be reasonable, relax, chill.

Shooting someone who is not a threat (without a weapon, "sitting", in a car, saluting etc) who is not trying to get away from you is NOT good reason (alone). You could just look at his backpack anyways, also see example before.

Shooting someone you told to face a certain direction but he turned around and muzzles you, good reason.

Shooting someone who put his weapon on the ground but then tries to run away, good reason.

Prey    0

I am role playing a homicidal mass murderer. doesn't that give me good reason?

I'm not of course but although your idea was good you can see there is a problem as there is with many of the rules and that is they are open to individual interpretation.

what one person may think is acceptable another may not.

Vik    0

Above all other rules about killing should be the following:

You need good reason to kill someone. Also this reason has to be within the role playing realm.

examplea: giving someone 5 seconds to comply and shoot him even though he is facing away from you/lying on the ground not facing you, is NOT good reason.

I'm not saying you should be able to just not react and be safe, but damn it people, don't look for reasons to kill, sometimes it takes a little while longer to drop that hatchet. Be reasonable, relax, chill.

Shooting someone who is not a threat (without a weapon, "sitting", in a car, saluting etc) who is not trying to get away from you is NOT good reason (alone). You could just look at his backpack anyways, also see example before.

Shooting someone you told to face a certain direction but he turned around and muzzles you, good reason.

Shooting someone who put his weapon on the ground but then tries to run away, good reason.

Yes they are many people just searching for a reason to kill but atleast if the victim followed the instructions and made everything right he is rewarded with his life. But in the most cases the people are not following our/my instructions. Even if they pull out their flashlight to say Im not harmful they still got their weapon on their back and could easy switch to it and shoot me.

Thats why I always hide behind a wall or something else and talk to them/giving them instructions to follow.And there is the next case.To be a badass bandit(good bandit) you cant open his backpack from distance to see if he got an another weapon inside to shoot you in the back. Thats why we mostly tell everyone we rob to drop his backpack to look inside. Yes you dont get it back cuz we are bandits. Thats what bandits do. Get over it.

Now to the 5 seconds you mentioned. In the most cases I give them the instructions twice ( See this video:

) I told him to drop his hatchet twice. If he wouldnt do so I would give him atleast 10 seconds to drop it or to say yes or no to the instruction.

Now to the "relax,chill": Do you know how much adrenaline is pumping in your venes when you do this? I quess not! Its quite a lot and you cant just chill! And maybe the guys Im robbing have friends around which could help the victim.

Thats all I got to say to this topic. :)

Fitspulter    0

What they should do is change the skins of known bandits.. and allow us to KOS them. Would sort of prevent most people from taking that profession. And would allow other people to RP more without the fear of having their stuff lost or being killed for not responding in the half second they give you.

So my vote would be to allow people to kill known bandits! But there has to be a way to ID said bandits so you just can't shoot anyone and say "I thought they were a bandit".

Spok    0

So my vote would be to allow people to kill known bandits! But there has to be a way to ID said bandits so you just can't shoot anyone and say "I thought they were a bandit".

Maybe, just MAYBE, Rolle should consider adding nameplates?..

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

One thing is that somebody is robbing you, you should be allowed to pop round in his face without an warning.

Zoarial    0

Here some of the problem with these "rules" If you don't but a time limit on a hostage in a robbery following your orders then he has as long as he needs to get a buddy in position to kill you. I'm not saying you shouldn't be reasonable, I personally give a slow 5 Mississippi count, I also don't agree with killing unarmed hostages but most people these days carry grenades so just because you are not physically holding a gun that doesn't mean you are unarmed.

I suggest robbers be a little more relaxed (but alert) about robbery's. Just because a guy is turning to look at you doesn't mean he intends to harm you, a lot of players are too carebear to understand whats happening so you just side step and stay in front of their barrel since you walk faster than they turn during which you tell them again, "Double tap left cntl and don't point your gun at me!"

To many newbie bandits are far to jumpy and are quick to pull the trigger from the rush they are getting, take a breath be aware of your surroundings and never do it alone if you don't know what you are doing and less people will die and more people will be successively robbed.

Answering Fitpulter, the problem is, that sometimes a bandit is someone who killed a group of survivors holding up his buddy, he isn't a bandit he is a hero, but based upon the game mechanic there is no way to make the difference. Also if you made it so every "known" bandit was KOS then you would never see a bandit on the coast, because they would be killed by every person with a makarov, instead they will all sit at mill spawns and wage war. It defeats the game. That said not all bandits are bandits all the time, quite often CB will sit in a city kill robbers and give new players better gear, but we are known bandits.

Answering Spok, if add nameplates you are drasticly taking away from the RP standpoint, Imagine if everyone walked around in the world with "Hello my name is spok". You don't even know how easy you would be making a bandits life if all they had to do was declare war on a group and sit at 800m with a AS50 kill everyone in cherno and run in and steal loot. Its just a bad idea.

Answering WaltteriH statement, you already have the ability to kill a robber the problem is if you are a third party to the engagement you better be sure that it's a robbery other wise it become's KOS.

The suggestion i can give to all the people who feel bandits are to much of a problem is this.. Stop being such a solo Carebear and run with other people, bandits hate robbing large groups far to many variables so the larger the group the safer you are, and even if you do get robbed you have other guys following or watching you to get the bandits you are being robbed by.. Play smarter live longer.

Guest farbaute   
Guest farbaute

What they should do is change the skins of known bandits.. and allow us to KOS them.

And allow the bandits to KOS all survivors right? :)

cba    0

About the nameplates, I've been playing a mod to Arma 2 called Chernarus Apocalypse a co-op mission with zombies. And in that mod/mission all players have nameplates BUT they fade after 10 meters and you can aim all you want on a player but if your farther away then 10 meters you don't see any name.

im just saying-

Zoarial    0

About the nameplates, I've been playing a mod to Arma 2 called Chernarus Apocalypse a co-op mission with zombies. And in that mod/mission all players have nameplates BUT they fade after 10 meters and you can aim all you want on a player but if your farther away then 10 meters you don't see any name.

im just saying-

It doesn't matter what range you are at it removes from the game.

cba    0

im just saying-

It doesn't matter what range you are at it removes from the game.

Im not pro nameplates i just wanted to chip in that some mods have implemented them in other ways than the normal I-see-you-from-1k-away.

Zoarial    0

No i understamd, not trying to come across as hostile eiter. I like knowing peoples names in game but its a good idea to be as relalistic as possible. And from a game master view its helpful in solving KOS reports when the vic knows the name of his killer.

cba    0

No worries mate. And i cant understand why anyone would be a Gamemaster in any game. Must be like working in a kindergarten..... :/