Server time: 2017-08-18, 23:58

Sign in to follow this  
SoWeMeetAgain

Rule suggestion: warning shots

It shoule be possible to place a warning shot without giving the other players "right to shoot back to kill you" right away. But if the people still run towards you/the tent/vehicle they were running towards, YOU can shoot THEM.

example: When the ghillie squad comes at me, out of talking distance, I KNOW they want to rob me. If I wait until they have surrounded me, I WILL be robbed. If I could give them a warning shot and they still ran into my direction, I could effectively defend myself because they could not yet take positions around me before "letting me know (lol I already do)" that they want my stuff.

Grimzz    0

i meet some people like that..when im running too close to them..they shot 1,and said in direct..that was warning shot,get away or you will be killed..so i walk to diffrent direction..

Rot    0

The problem you have with that is if you take a warning shot at someone. That someone might of though that you shot at them with intended KoS but you have a shit aim and then return fire upon you. If you're going to be robbed, you're going to be robbed. A warning shot will do you no good. But firing without direct communication can cause a lot of confusion and rules could be broken.

Skyth    0

It would be nice for a warning shot rule to be added, but its very hard to make a rule of that, same goes with when you shoot a zombie near a player and miss, that playing might think you're shooting at him or her, or even if you hit the zombie but the player doesn't see it, they might also think you're shooting at them, thus alas I don't see this happening.

However, say player A and B are in comminucation range, player A could let his friend (mr.sniper) tell player B 'This is a warning shot' and mr.sniper shoots, to warn player B not to rob/shoot him.

Tosme    0

If I had a beer everytime someone got killed for shooting zombies, I would be drunk 24/7.

And this rule will make a difference?

Zoarial    0

The problem with warning shots is you DON'T know they are bandits, they're are a bunch of non-bandit clans out on the server or it could be just a small pack of guys. There truly is no way to tell and if you shot at someone as a "warning" they could freak out and immediately start shooting at you for thinking its KOS since KOS is currently outrageous.

Try to picture it as if you are in a post-apocalyptic world within reason of the game mechanic; You're a member of a small group one of your members back at base is sick, you really need said item in that building except there is a guy sitting on top with a rifle who every time you get close shoots at you...You have a sniper rifle and 4 other guys try and place yourself there, you would use your sniper to shoot the guy/pin him down and send in your buddy's to kill him or rob him and take what you need. No in the game since this is a NO KOS server you can NOT just kill someone and with the new implantation of the NO EXECUTION rule they also can't rob you and kill you as long as you follow all their commands. If they do kill you while doing that then more than likely its a KOS and you should report it.

That said if you see 5 guys advancing on your position instead of hunkering in maybe you should consider leaving and running? Just a thought.

Rot    0

While being robbed you have the chance to retaliate or flee. Fleeing while dropping HE 'nades is completely fine but only if they communicated with you and let you aware of the robbing was in progress. By fleeing they're also allowed to open fire upon you due to disobeying their commands.

We can carry gernades and drop them when we are being robbed correct?

yes but unfortunately they can still loot your body after it exploded :(

Spok    0

From one point - it's a great rule to accept. Why? 'Cause if I sit in a bush and see a squad of ghillies/random-skins coming in my direction. And they are not within the comm range. And I don't know if they are robbers or just some passerbies. It would be nice for me to put some round into the blue sky just to warn them that: I'm here, I see them, I don't want them to approach me and ready to defend myself.

From the other point - Zorial is completely right about KoS-fear among players.