Server time (UTC): 2021-08-01 03:21

PLIKT -- O-Squad Patrol -
TODAY | 2021-08-01 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 15 hours, 38 minutes | Nyheim City

Add the SVAL, VSS, and VSD to the loot pool.

Should the VSD, SVAL, and the VSS be added to the regular loot pool?  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With the SVT in the game I think most of the player-base can agree (of those who have used it) that it is greater than the VSD. I understand keeping the SCAR and FAL out of the table due to it being very good in PVP but the VSD is just slightly worse than the SVT and if it was added to the loot pool it would create more variety in player held weapons. Most people who follow updates on DayZ vanilla would know that the SVAL and VSS even with armor piercing rounds are laughable at best in the current damage stats. Having both of these would give a use to the currently useless 9x39 ammo category and compliant magazines found throughout Nyheim.

Also as a closing statement. It would be nice to see the new M16-A2 be added alongside 45 round mag for the KA-74 but It could already be in game at this point as I do not know. 

Edited by KonoSimp
  • Emerald

VSD yes, others no.

Always coming across the mags for the VSD/Dragunov, i dont see why it wouldn't be in game, sick lookin sniper

i just say no to the others cos they're literally wank

• Support

Nope, no, noes! 

The SVT you talk about , shall we call it on its full name SVT-44, is a WW2 semi-auto rifle. At the time of our lore it is a 127 years old design. The only reason it is around because it is believable to that it had been sold as military-surplus to civilians.

The choice to keep the high end weapon quality and quantity low was a  lore choice. We are 50 years into an apocalypse, weapon manufacturing virtually ceased aside from workshops putting together pipe guns and such. SVD and the likes are high end specialized weapons and as such there shouldn't be many, if any laying around.

23 minutes ago, Mike said:

Please add the PKP as well thank you.

Same story. How realistic it is running around with a squad support machine gun, when finding ammunition is already a chore?

1 minute ago, Isylon said:

Nope, no, noes! 

The SVT you talk about , shall we call it on its full name SVT-44, is a WW2 semi-auto rifle. At the time of our lore it is a 127 years old design. The only reason it is around because it is believable to that it had been sold as military-surplus to civilians.

The choice to keep the high end weapon quality and quantity low was a  lore choice. We are 50 years into an apocalypse, weapon manufacturing virtually ceased aside from workshops putting together pipe guns and such. SVD and the likes are high end specialized weapons and as such there shouldn't be many, if any laying around.

Same story. How realistic it is running around with a squad support machine gun, when finding ammunition is already a chore?

Most of the server is running around with all of the M4 variants, and all of the AK variants. With the inclusion of the M416 as the official rifle of PLIKT I think we can safely assume that the staff team cares not for this argument I hear often about the weapons of this quality should be less common or even non-existent. So why not add it?

• Lore Master

I rather have all high-tier weapons removed and only make them available by doing events / tasks.

• Emerald
29 minutes ago, Isylon said:

-snip-

So the server pop is stagnated and apparently low from what I have gathered from browsing the forums and server browser, but you want to remove playable content while other servers are full of various things ranging from a wide assortment of weapons to other mechanics? 

• Support
2 minutes ago, Jackfish said:

I rather have all high-tier weapons removed and only make them available by doing events / tasks.

What he said there, please.

2 minutes ago, Zero said:

So the server pop is stagnated and apparently low from what I have gathered from browsing the forums and server browser, but you want to remove playable content while other servers are full of various things ranging from a wide assortment of weapons to other mechanics? 

That content wasn't on the server, so  there is nothing to remove. There are plenty of guns to go around, without the addition of these.

• Titanium
3 minutes ago, Jackfish said:

I would agree with this if the server pop was like it was in the first week or two of Nyheim. A large population of people relying on shotguns, hunting rifles, pistols, and low cal SMG. But let’s face it- people like their boom booms, and limiting them in the current climate of Nyheim will likely turn existing players away. With so few players and no high tier guns, there would be little to no ability to stand up to PLIKT (though right now, it’s a little overkill). 

I like the idea of a mob of citizens fighting PLIKT with civilian and police issue weapons. Unfortunately, that’s not our reality at this time. 

• MVP

Yeah I mean the whole lore and plans haven't really played out as it was suposed to. At this point more content for players is better than less.

Also there's probably not much new being developed in the scrap guns, armors etc so you effictevly removed a bunch of guns that won't be replaced with new variants.

If it had all worked out as intended I'd be against but at this point I'd honestly throw anything I can at the server just to satisfy the small existing playerbase.

I'd probably try to rebuild the population first with some stable higher numbers and then go for thr balancing act after thats done.

• Support
4 minutes ago, Coyote said:

I would agree with this if the server pop was like it was in the first week or two of Nyheim. A large population of people relying on shotguns, hunting rifles, pistols, and low cal SMG. But let’s face it- people like their boom booms, and limiting them in the current climate of Nyheim will likely turn existing players away. With so few players and no high tier guns, there would be little to no ability to stand up to PLIKT (though right now, it’s a little overkill). 

I like the idea of a mob of citizens fighting PLIKT with civilian and police issue weapons. Unfortunately, that’s not our reality at this time. 

My question is to that, should the OOC mentality of " need more dakka" overwrite the intentions of the server lore and story? I believe it stops people from truly experiencing the underdog situation that it would really mean to stand up to PLIKT, the big evil organisation. Blood, sweat, tears...a hard-earnt victory eventually sounds more alluring RP wise to me than a turkey shoot.

58 minutes ago, Coyote said:

48 minutes ago, Isylon said:

My question is to that, should the OOC mentality of " need more dakka" overwrite the intentions of the server lore and story? I believe it stops people from truly experiencing the underdog situation that it would really mean to stand up to PLIKT, the big evil organisation. Blood, sweat, tears...a hard-earnt victory eventually sounds more alluring RP wise to me than a turkey shoot.

The people have already done this to a degree. I remember in the early events of PLIKT we were fighting with mosins and KA-74's. It was quite fun. But now since we killed PLIKT we also have their weapons so it's normal to see the population using them (those with the intent to fight).

• Support
2 minutes ago, KonoSimp said:

The people have already done this to a degree. I remember in the early events of PLIKT we were fighting with mosins and KA-74's. It was quite fun. But now since we killed PLIKT we also have their weapons so it's normal to see the population using them (those with the intent to fight).

I would agree to argument if you had PLIKT completely routed and removed from its position of power, with access to their weapon stashes. But not before that.

1 minute ago, Isylon said:

I would agree to argument if you had PLIKT completely routed and removed from its position of power, with access to their weapon stashes. But not before that.

Well at that point the only solution would be to remove the rifles from PLIKT hands so they don't fall into civilian hands. Either that or expect the PLIKT volunteers to be invincible and never die which is a ridiculous assumption.

Other than that you could try and create a culture in which people do not want to fight PLIKT but good luck with that. Staff could force it onto players but it would drive the little playerbase currently away. 

• Emerald
59 minutes ago, Isylon said:

its not that deep, the lad just wants these weapons enabled as the ammo and mags n stuff can be found in game but the guns cant

doesnt matter if its 50 years in the future, they can still work.. tbh i'd say its more UNREALISTIC choosing the SVT over an SVD (the modernised version of the weapon) as svt was a ww2 weapon...

• Administrator

Personally I'd rather we had extremely, extremely rare military firearms and focused more on a civilian and scrap based gun pool, hence why I'm hesitant to add more military guns to the already existing pile.

If people are for it however I'm open to it.

• MVP

The way those guns work, based on the current loot tables, is that they are heli crash spawn only. The guns mentioned were supposed to be left in the game but when the heli crashes were removed at launch, which wasn't the case on the server we were testing, the guns stopped spawning. This is why you still see attachments like mags still spawning for these, because technically they were meant to be left in the game, whereas guns like FAL or SOCOM had their attachments removed from the loot table so we don't clutter it with useless items.

So I am all for actually making them spawn, however, it might be hard to make them really really rare. AFAIK guns are already set to spawn quite low, but people still find them as it being a small map, it's not too hard to bump into them.

• Diamond

svt is vsd, no need for sval and vss shit guns anyway

• Emerald
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Isylon said:

What he said there, please.

That content wasn't on the server, so  there is nothing to remove. There are plenty of guns to go around, without the addition of these.

Okay let me be more specific. You are saying to have less content on a server that already doesn’t offer the same things as other more populated servers and people wonder where the player base is? People like cool shit. Guns are cool. I think people rely too heavily on the lore sometimes. 

Like we are debating on not adding cool content because “NoOoOOOo. You can’t do that, it’s not lore friendly!” Some people are doing the same thing on the PDA mod suggestion. 

Edit: as a side note you could just say they are made by the lore faction as apparently they are powerful and resourceful enough to do other things so idk why an advanced gunsmith operation wouldn’t be within their purview. 

Edited by Zero
  • Diamond

I feel like the current setting does not really have the need for the SVAL, VSS, and VSD to be added to the loot pool. However I would love to have the new M16-A2. Plus there really needs to be a fix with all the mags that I keep finding that are for guns that aren't even in the loot pool as far as my knowledge. 

Honestly, I think that the AS VAL and VSS don't fit all to well as average wastelander weapons, but I do see them being carried by PLIKT as an alternative to the HK, as a marksman rifle, or used by elite forces.
The SVD seems like a weapon that I would want though. It would be a nice change of pace from the SVT, and it's a rifle that is known to have different clones and lookalikes, so I feel manufacturing of this rifle with scrap or being able to scavenge one isn't very far off. If we want, we could add in one of the derivatives like the Zatsava M76.

Also, I really want to see the M16A2 come to the server. It another good change from the fully automatic M16A4 (It's full auto for some reason) and M4A1

Edited by Jayden96
  • Diamond
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Isylon said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SVT-40

It's actually just the SVT-40. That is what @Mishomade and what was commissioned.

But some extra love given to it... such as accepting a real suppressor.

I think adding more western weapons would be better than eastern. Like the new M16-A2 that was added to vanilla. But scrap guns would be best of all. We need more scrap guns than modern guns. 

Edited by Crimson
Spelling