Server time (UTC): 2021-08-01 05:27

PLIKT -- O-Squad Patrol -
TODAY | 2021-08-01 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 13 hours, 32 minutes | Nyheim City

Hofer's suggestions poll

Jackfish

DayZRP - Hofer's suggestions   

153 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Jackfish changed the title to Hofer's suggestions poll
  • Game Master

Voted for all but one. The trader mod.
Its time to go back to having people set up shops, and not RPing with a vending machine or AI that doesn't say a thing.
The trader mod in a whole, made me lose interest rather quickly as I was loving the player run shops - but I eventually came back, because its the Community I love.

The other ideas, are something that should have been implemented a long time ago.

• Titanium

i voted all

• Head Admin

Nice bean farm Jackfish

• Lore Master
Just now, Hofer said:

Nice bean farm Jackfish

Knipsel.PNG.3445c5f0df06475388bebc4e162f009c.PNG I need to beat you.

• Administrator

Honestly, many of these changes are good to have. Some even thought up by myself and the other admins through out the months. If allowed to Hofer and the rest of the team would be able to implement as many approved ideas to the best of our ability and give the players base something fun and refreshing to play with. One of the biggest ideas that I'm in favor for the the centralized group system, sure it might limit player choice in groups they could join but these type of groups will allow a diversity of players in said groups so it's not just one friend group but also allow the groups to focus and push a story in game for those who play to run with. Other players may either join those approved centralized groups or run dynamically with friends till they decide what group they want to join or a new one is formed with staff approval by either a LM or a community member. So many possibilities lie with these ideas @Hoferposted publicly, all we need now is the final yes.

These are all great suggestions and I can not wait to see them implemented at a date sooner than never. The clock is ticking and each week that goes by where there’s no changes is absolutely unnecessary. We have a great community and staff team full of ideas. Let’s start doing! 

Dreams don’t work unless you do. 

• Emerald
Posted (edited)

Stated it before and will keep doing it.

Second (limited) amnesty wave and use this money to fund devwork and some youtubers maybe. Keep the bad apples away and take those who are proven to be able to provide quality roleplay in.

We as a community got nothing to lose, if those who pay the fee fuck up once again they’ll get permed and noone will bat an eye.

And since we already ate our own words on “no second amnesty” i do not know what is holding us down.

Edited by TurkRP
  • Lore Master

Yes to all besides the last one. I'm tired of the "wait it out" this map and everything was suppose to be a breath of air for the community. It's staled.

• Diamond
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Honestly, many of these changes are good to have. Some even thought up by myself and the other admins through out the months. If allowed to Hofer and the rest of the team would be able to implement as many approved ideas to the best of our ability and give the players base something fun and refreshing to play with. One of the biggest ideas that I'm in favor for the the centralized group system, sure it might limit player choice in groups they could join but these type of groups will allow a diversity of players in said groups so it's not just one friend group but also allow the groups to focus and push a story in game for those who play to run with. Other players may either join those approved centralized groups or run dynamically with friends till they decide what group they want to join or a new one is formed with staff approval by either a LM or a community member. So many possibilities lie with these ideas @Hoferposted publicly, all we need now is the final yes.

so if you had some of these ideas a few months ago why not bring them forward then and wait for someone else to bring them to light whikle the community is nose diving to the ground? 

and the idea you bring forward is what the most popular dayz role player server currently is doing so that would just be bringing their idea over and copying, not very orignal 

Edited by neom

I agree with most of these. The big one I am not a fan of is the trader mod. If people want to trade, it should be entirely in character, with the risks that entails. It will also open up the server to trader characters and merchants, which we definitely need for civilian RP.

That said, I would also like some kind of protections for "shops" that get set up, but that is something I would like to see as a general change to how offline raiding works. IMO raiding as is currently adds nothing to the RP of the server.

• MVP
6 minutes ago, neom said:

-snip-

A lot has been discussed in private for a long time but even with majority staff behind some things, it's been decided against and publicly looked like staff isn't doing anything to improve the situation. It's just the way it works when it's not a majority vote that decides what happens, frankly voting is pretty much pointless on here, all you can do is suggest something and hope the head honcho agrees with it.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, neom said:

so if you had some of these ideas a few months ago why not bring them forward then and wait for someone else to bring them to light whikle the community is nose diving to the ground? 

and the idea you bring forward is what the most popular dayz role player server currently is doing so that would just be bringing their idea over and copying, not very orignal 

Ah but you see i've already brought up some of my ideas in the staff chats, only to be dropped or declined to be made. Only one was somewhat agreed apon and slowly being implemented such as the weapon crafting @Empressis working on but as seen with the current dev team that might be unfortunately hindered at the current moment, however I still hold an optimistic view that she'll be able to push through with the task. There is another plan feature to be made with the devs after she completes the first weapon which includes a better crafting system.

I don't argue at all that the idea i'm highly in favor of is a first ever thought up unique one and I know it's already in use somewhere else. No idea is ever really unique anymore and only trying to claim it as one would just make a person with that thought process as being ignorant. There is nothing wrong with interpreting and twisting already made ideas your own way as long as you don't full on copy paste it. Remember, at the end of the day being optimistic will help not only yourself but others too.

• MVP
Posted (edited)

I mean this is cool and all but change must come from the top. Unless Roland decides DRP needs revitalizing, these are just words on a computer screen that don't hold much value. And the last he said about it was "My current plan is to ride through the player dip", so good luck.

Edited by AndreyQ
  • Legend

Okay, I'm in the yes to all above, but have some opinions on a couple of the options. 

Expansion base building for example could be re added, but its strength should be nerfed.  Due to the fact you cannot melee expansion walls, and them taking 100s of rounds to take down, it's simply too easy to create layers of walls to keep people out, and explosives are simply too uncommon. I'd only recommend nerfing these walls though, while leaving the more doors the same since they can (eventually) be beaten down. 

In regards to dynamic limits, I'd also carry this over to multiple groups "teamming" up to create super groups, often without the alliances making much IC sense. 

And I hope you mean the trader mod we had on chernarus. The one we have now just seems unreliable. Great in theory, but it is broken more often than it is functional.

• Diamond

E3AF913D-DE45-4CE7-A646-F5AD7E5D7BEE.jpeg.255949a162b2cab29ce52f6f74b88243.jpeg
You had me at hello.

Atleast implement some of these great suggestions. 

A suggestion post proposing changes to DayZRP and that is not harshly criticized by vet players ?  And it has been made by staff members ? I can't believe my own eyes

In all seriousness tho, it's great to have slight hope of changes coming to DayZRP, stubordness won't do no good and would only bring the server down

I agree with most propositions, but I strongly agree with punishment regarding discrimination toward new players and "whitenames". DayZRP vet players need to realize that new players are what keeps any game server alive, and we were all a new player in the beginning, so talking down on new players and calling them whitenames do not do any good, apart from making new players go away. I know many "whitenames" that left the server because of the unwelcomed feeling they had, as well as being talked down for every slight change they proposed.

If the DayZRP community finally open its eyes and realises that changes are needed, discussion should be had, and no one should be talked down because they don't share the same opinion as yours, then there might be a glimpse of hope for the future of DayZRP. 

• Emerald

I like most of these.

However, very against "Mentors" being a staff rank. Give them recognition but if you want new players to go outside their comfort zone and get help with RP, don't make them think they're talking to a staff member. And it isn't fair to hold Mentors who put a lot of work in to also be held to some of the same staff standards in place. They're MVPs, not staff.

• MVP

So this is how I voted:
dkSdGjy.png

1. Staff Restructure. I feel the staff structure is fine besides the loremasters. The only role I think that needs to be added is "In Memoriam" for @Josh and @DatTurtlefor our community members who have passed away. Streamers have never worked for the community and we certainly can't afford to pay thousands for high end Youtube Videos/streamers anymore and this tactic is outdated. 

2. Mentors do not need to be staff but should be staff appointed/voted on.

3. I personally havent seen any newcomer hate and feel the community is very welcoming to new members provided they dont have a poor attitude and aren't constantly on the forums going "grrrr my base was raided, this server sucks"

4. I do agree with the loremaster changes suggested.

5. Character names should not be enforced as strictly as before but should not be harassing other community members and should follow community rules and also not be celebrity names or famous characters.

6. Dynamics change constantly. The group you travel with one day isnt the same as the next day. Let people adjust and fit in to their groups as RP progresses instead of forcing people into niche's they dont really belong to.

7. Base building is a core part of the game we waited YEARS for so yes it should be in the game.

8. Trader mod was great, pls fix and add clothing to be traded (I need my tshirt collection).

9. These mods should be voted on but I agree to them being added provided they dont reduce server stability to the point of being unplayable.

10. Second amnesty I agree with. Make it a week long special then return to normal. Maybe send out an email about it. Though most have said they wont return even if its free because that's how much they hate this place.

11.  Rules are plenty simple enough.

12. Awards and account credits for playtime was always a good idea.

13. Community awards were ONLY a popularity contest and nothing more. They can stay gone. And I say that as a community award winner.

14. More factions for event masters sounds great!

15. Centralized groups and more factions for event masters that are led by the community and RP from the community (not just planned, scripted RP by loremasters) is needed.

16. If there's anything Ive learned in life, its that "wait it out" does not work and changes and being uncomfortable are necessary to grow.

• Diamond
2 hours ago, Keira said:

16. If there's anything Ive learned in life, its that "wait it out" does not work and changes and being uncomfortable are necessary to grow.

This is the biggest thing to take from all this discussion Pain sucks change is uncomfortable but with change can come growth knowledge and those of us who have played for 3 4 5 6 years know that sometimes the changes we hated the most were the ones that also brought back RP and made things interesting even in hindsight. I just hope that @Rolandwill hear the community and those in staff he is close to out on this @Hoferlegit is throwing up the ideas most of the community want. Lets just do it we have nothing to lose only growth.

I havent been paying too mutch attention for a while so i cant really answer on any of these. 

But "Punish newcomer "hate" and the "whitenames suck" mentality harshly." if people actually are "hating" newcomers thats something that should be punished, and if it doesnt work the punishment should be harder. I dont even understand why people are bullying them? 

One thing i was wondering was the amnesty, why should the price be dropped? 

• Titanium
On 7/12/2021 at 3:13 PM, Keira said:

13. Community awards were ONLY a popularity contest and nothing more. They can stay gone. And I say that as a community award winner.

Dark times right here. However, you brought some great insight to your votes! I think we were too quick to jump on the base building nerf. Most people enjoyed building bases, and they were fun and challenging to raid. We waited too long for it to be taken away. Maybe need the expansion walls a little bit for balance. 

• MVP
On 7/12/2021 at 10:59 PM, Itsmez said:

I havent been paying too mutch attention for a while so i cant really answer on any of these. 

But "Punish newcomer "hate" and the "whitenames suck" mentality harshly." if people actually are "hating" newcomers thats something that should be punished, and if it doesnt work the punishment should be harder. I dont even understand why people are bullying them? 

One thing i was wondering was the amnesty, why should the price be dropped? 

I feel like the term "hating" newcomers is a strong word. A lot of newcomers I have met lately have been great RP'ers and have genuinely made an effort to get away from the public server mentality, but some people still just want to stash away as much stuff as possible and are only on the server so they don't get KOS'ed but have no real drive to RP with anyone. Those are the people I am not a fan of, and sometimes there is quite a few of them joining all at once. Other times, you meet some great roleplayers that become great friends.

It really all depends, but I don't think it's as black and white as to say "We veterans hate all newcomers"

@Lucais correct.

When Nyheim first dropped, there were a lot, and I mean a LOT of new players on the server. While this is awesome, it quickly showed that a lot of the newer players were just here for the loot (and either avoiding RP or giving the minimum when engaged) or were very much taking "cheap shots" by JFKing people after encounters, very much rule playing to get back at others. Not healthy attitudes. 

I feel that this is a problem of expectation NOT matching the reality of the server. Many other RP servers have far more restrictions on hostilities, to the point where DayZRP is the exception to the rest. It kind of showed with far too many 'offline raiding' 'too much hostile actions' and 'let me make the 35679th passive aggressive post about hostile group x without naming them'. I feel that too many new players expected the server to be like others, and got a nasty surprise when they couldn't go crying to an admin their pixels got stolen or that the meanie group ribbed me again.

And so, this had a knock on effect of the old timers (or just anyone here that knows how the servers flows) get a bit Jaded at the constant OOC salt and the bleed through ICly it has where players would give the absolute minimum or report absolutely anything in an attempt to get an advantage, or a cheap shot because they were mad. This then leads to frustrations, and shit done/said that really shouldn't and bans happen or people don't play. 

I feel the YouTube presence of DayZRP should be used in order to help combat this cycle, as well as a disclaimer as soon as people register, separate to the rules. The YouTube can be used to show samples of what is expected on the server, both hostile and non hostile. It could also show the many different ways of RPing, which is needed IMHO due to many believing text RP is bad RP due to a certain crime game's RP server deeming text RP like that, because reasons. The disclaimer? Well, just simply put that DayZRP is not like other RP servers. There is no arbitrary safe zones, no protection for your stashed stuff, etc. Lay it out bare, so no one has the excuse of not knowing that the server isn't some picnic. 

So, to finish this absolute shambles of a post, old heads of the server (I feel) don't just hate on "Whitenames" for absolutely no reason, but sometimes the tarring of all with the same brush is unfair. On the flip side, new players need to realise that DayZRP isn't some hugbox or a server that makes bases unraidable because rules or that hostilities are allowed. The change must happen both ways, but the new player change is the one most needed. 

• Emerald

Where’s the remove twitch TOS option is my question.

• tz locked this topic