Server time (UTC): 2021-07-31 04:40

Lore Event - "The Scientists"
TODAY | 2021-07-31 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 14 hours, 19 minutes | Nyheim City

Add City and Landmark Titles -

Mugin

Add Town and Landmarks to Nyheim Map  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Diamond

Somewhat self explanatory, that being said - why not create something the community has some input on?

50 years into the future things are going to be interpreted and observed differently, so might not be a reason to add official "old world" titles to the map -
I bring this up only as I have noticed a overall lack of Nyheim lore present even when Plikt are online.

No fault to Plikt volunteers of course, as their play times are scheduled. Just putting this here to potentially gain some momentum -
Ex: Rather than referring to your base (located on the east side of town) as "our base", "our city", "our town" could maybe spice it up with some local/Norwegian titles -

Disclaimer: You don't necessarily have to use them ICly so there is that too, as perhaps your tribe was isolated - for the common folk - but let the community decide if they're common knowledge maybe?

Would give foreigners and whitenames something to work with and learn. IF there is interest that is. 

TL;DR: Overall this suggestion should be directed at the whole of the community - would you like to see more easy to make Nyheim lore present that we can continue to directly interact with ICly?
Feel free to post what individual suggestions you may have already created on your ig maps!

• Titanium

@Mugini already have a landmark I like to call “idiot rock.” Can we immortalize that in lore? 

• Diamond

I like this idea and this its quite a cool concept! ^^ Getting to through roleplay rename a place on the map or your little area you roleplay in can only add to the immersion of the game and roleplay. For example in @Coyote's suggestion of "idiot rock" while that is a bit of silly name, if you had something like that for example or naming a bunch of rocks, you could make up a story as to why they were named and give them history or myths around it. It could lead to people hearing stories about a strangely named collection of rocks and venturing out to see it on a pilgrimage? All options that add more roleplay opportunities 🤔

• Titanium
9 minutes ago, Lettuce said:

I like this idea and this its quite a cool concept! ^^ Getting to through roleplay rename a place on the map or your little area you roleplay in can only add to the immersion of the game and roleplay. For example in @Coyote's suggestion of "idiot rock" while that is a bit of silly name, if you had something like that for example or naming a bunch of rocks, you could make up a story as to why they were named and give them history or myths around it. It could lead to people hearing stories about a strangely named collection of rocks and venturing out to see it on a pilgrimage? All options that add more roleplay opportunities 🤔

Stupid name for a stupid event. This was a personal jab at Mugin for breaking his leg in a ledge. I ran all the way out from the city to fix his leg. I suggest another route, and he continued down the ledge, falling to his death.

idiot rock: now with lore! 

but yes, I echo your sentiment that landmarks with roleplay stories and lore attached to them would be fantastic! In chernaurus for the longest time, the name of the farm north of NWAB was named Jericho, because one little player started calling it that. It had no designated name, but for a long time that designation was pretty common for it.