Server time (UTC): 2021-07-31 06:39

Lore Event - "The Scientists"
TODAY | 2021-07-31 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 12 hours, 20 minutes | Nyheim City

What would it take you to get in game?

Mason

• Titanium

This thread is mainly targeted at players who haven't played in sometime or even just quit recently. I am simply curious on what it would take for you to get back in game as well as maybe steps to move towards those steps. For anybody who hasn't played in a long time I am curious if you have plans to return one day.

Also feel free to comment if you simply don't see yourself coming back anytime soon or at all and please explain why. (Unless of course its real life personal stuff)

Just want to gauge what's keeping people from hopping on regularly. Thanking all who respond

• Emerald

second amnesty 😃

also just pretty burned out from dayz, bring out rust DayZRP or tarkov DayZRP

yeah but second amnesty and return of bare heads perhaps i would come back for a bit 

rn im on dat tarkov grind tho 🤑 💸

• Emerald

It would take a lot for me to be active again. Too many to list here. 

3 hours ago, ShroudKN said:

1. Not a huge fan of the map the server is currently on, I appreciate the work put in by the devs but it feels to centered a city that doesnt have much spice to it and the areas surrounding the city are pretty bland and simple, in my opinion Namalsk was a much better map for the server and I had a lot more fun on it.

2. The people that i run into on the server are pretty much a revolving door of the same few grouping of players, hence why I commented the way I did in the Amnesty thread earlier, there are a lot of people who are banned in this community who I believe deserve a second chance and could bring some life back into the gameplay.

3. Not a huge fan of the cops and robbers dynamic that is currently taking place on the server, in my experience staff run factions hardly ever make a meaningful difference in the dynamic of roleplay that occurs on the server and giving them special rules/privilege's only exacerbates the issue.

4. Not a fan of Twitch TOS being implemented, made RP really stale for me and one of the biggest reasons that it was even implemented in the first place(Bringing streamers to the server) didn't even happen, an unnecessary addition IMO.

Those are the some the main reasons I can think of off the top of my head, might add more when i think of em.

Reason 1 and 2 here are the main reasons I think most people don’t wanna play right now and I wish it could be put on a pedestal. 

Posted (edited)

1) The map needs work. What has been done so far is great, but it needs optimization to better performance for players (not just good server FPS) An expansion to something like a 10x10 size (keeping the essence of Nyheim but offering more than just the city centre and a few outlying villages/compounds)

Optimization will include: reduction of objects and litter within city. Reduction of particle effects such as the smoke and steam. You could spread the city out further for example, reducing the density of objects.

Not having everyone playing "on top" of each other, i think, will help a lot. Wont solve all of the issues people have but i think will remedy a great deal of them. 

Switch to another map, or even revert to the last one until Nyheim is ready for DayzRP.

Edited by Talford1004
  • Emerald
11 hours ago, Elrod said:

second amnesty 😃

☝️that.

At least for Staff to have a serious discussion about the benefits and downsides instead of pretending it's not an actual decent alternative to get players on the servers with minimal work.

1 hour ago, Craig said:

We need at least 2 Lore Factions with conflicting goals

And yes please. I'd gladly volunteer to be on either side, and i'm sure others would as well.

• Titanium
2 hours ago, Craig said:

We need at least 2 Lore Factions with conflicting goals, for example one faction building and running city life and the other faction trying to destroy it or take it over for themselves again just an example.

I do think this sounds cool but lore factions from what I’ve heard rarely go well. And in my short experience being in RAC when the lore wiped, they don’t last long. Something always seems to go wrong. What I do know though that tends to work out is non lore player led factions that oppose Eachother. A great evil vs a great good. Or even to great evils vs eachother. But it’s up to the player base to make something like that happen.

I think a lot of people want Roland or the staff team to somehow “bail” the server out to get everyone to play when in reality it’s up to us to actually get in game and play. I am not opposed to the things said such as new content by paid devs, second amnesty wave, and lore factions. I think all of that sounds great. I do think we as a player base have a responsibility to play the game in front of us.

I really hope I don’t get warned for saying this but I’m gonna throw it out here. The grass is not greener on other servers. Trust me. I’ve spent enough time outside this community and on other servers and none of them have their shit put together like DayZRP does. There is always something that is wrong with them. I know dayzrp has its own problems but those problems are so tiny in comparison to what else is out there.  What I’m trying to say is don’t take what we already have here, for granite. 

ill re iterate, we all want to see new content, some of us want a second amnesty wave, others of us want to go back to chernarus or another map. Some want Twitch TOS rules gone. With all of this, I still think it’s our job, the players, to see it through. Try and look at the positives of what we already have. We have a map thats 3 weeks old and unique to dayzrp. Even if it’s not your favorite, it’s certainly not a bad map. (Deer isle will forever be the best map change my mind) the map we have is interesting for sure. I reckon a change of pace of rp for sure than what your used to in chernarus but still, it’s up to all of us players to rp.

TLDR: Don’t take what we already have for granite. I agree that all these things are nice but it’s all still something to try and see through. Just my opinion and I respect everyone else who disagrees.

Honestly, fix the base raiding and Super mega group meta.. it isn’t fun running into the same huge toxic groups over and over... but it’s hard for folks to raid if there isn’t anyone to raid. So I imagine they don’t have as much fun anymore. 

Make the server harder in terms of Z and life, make food scarce, make me wanna sneak around from Z’s... I don’t feel like one playing a Zombie Survival... 

If something doesn’t happen, then the player base will remain low which is sad. 

2 minutes ago, GhostAlpha said:

Honestly, fix the base raiding and Super mega group meta.. it isn’t fun running into the same huge toxic groups over and over... but it’s hard for folks to raid if there isn’t anyone to raid. So I imagine they don’t have as much fun anymore. 

So I haven't read this thread at all however, I see this come up on my feed and it peaks my interest. Who is the huge toxic group? How are they toxic? What is the "Super mega group meta"? 

You're making claims about the things mentioned above but none of them exist from my experience. I don't see any group feedback from yourself to these groups, how do you expect them to change or improve or expect staff to get involved if you don't leave them feedback?

4 minutes ago, GhostAlpha said:

Make the server harder in terms of Z and life, make food scarce, make me wanna sneak around from Z’s... I don’t feel like one playing a Zombie Survival... 

I kinda agree with this however, zombies in dayz suck ass, phase through walls, doors and other unusually solid objects. I find DayZ is what you make of it. 

6 hours ago, Talford1004 said:

1) The map needs work. What has been done so far is great, but it needs optimization to better performance for players (not just good server FPS) An expansion to something like a 10x10 size (keeping the essence of Nyheim but offering more than just the city centre and a few outlying villages/compounds)

not going to happen the externals will get fleshed out in due time but IRL commitments halt map changes

• Diamond

Literally just dragging my ass out of bed?  Personally, I love this map and this lore. I like the flavor the timejump has given us and I've immensely enjoyed the RP I've been getting.

You don't need a group of 40 people to get interesting roleplay. Low pop means plenty of time to internal and develop character relationships so that they'll have more depth when the pop comes back. The player count being inconsistent isn't anything new and it probably shouldn't be unexpected. Tarkov wiping is naturally going to draw people away as it always does, and the whole name conflict put one of the more active groups of roleplayers out of commission for a few days. Obviously things are going to slump, but it's still only been a few days since all of that.

Give it some time. Log in and get some internal RP if you can, increase the player count and we could hit mid or high pop whenever.  All you have to do to make the little number go up is log in.

• Emerald
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Rickets said:

So I haven't read this thread at all however, I see this come up on my feed and it peaks my interest. Who is the huge toxic group? How are they toxic? What is the "Super mega group meta"? 

You're making claims about the things mentioned above but none of them exist from my experience. I don't see any group feedback from yourself to these groups, how do you expect them to change or improve or expect staff to get involved if you don't leave them feedback?

I know this is not intended for me but I have first-hand experience of rolling with collectives that seem to reinforce GhostAlpha's point, not in the sense that I see it as a persistent threat nor even a threat as of current, but I have definitely experienced icky things, but going into detail here would only create a tree of toxicity and I am absolutely against that.- But GhostAlpha has some merit to his argument, though not in the sense that all of it is true, not to mention a bit impolite.

Edited by Sword
  • MVP
Just now, Millie said:

the whole name conflict put one of the more active groups of roleplayers out of commission for a few days

more like for a few weeks

I personally lost all motivation to hop on the server since Craig and Redsky got tempbanned for following the lore Staggs wrote for the server. Even if the issue gets fixed finally which it probably won't, the damage is already done and I don't see myself wanting to hop on. I guess the only thing that will make me want to play again is time. Maybe in a week or 2 I might get interested in playing again.

tbh i dont know. I dont really enjoy dayz standalone as i enjoyed the mod. Too many new mechanics and "realism". I just dont see myself hopping on the server to RP since i have to run around for hours to get myself stuff to survive, get some nice clothing and then get the clothing destroyed and possibly lose all the stuff i have gotten to survive. I hate running around trying to find 1 can of food and new clothing.

And im not really that interested on playing anything right now, and dayzRP is probably one of the least on the list im gonna play

• Diamond
1 minute ago, AndreyQ said:

more like for a few weeks

I personally lost all motivation to hop on the server since Craig and Redsky got tempbanned for following the lore Staggs wrote for the server. Even if the issue gets fixed finally which it probably won't, the damage is already done and I don't see myself wanting to hop on. I guess the only thing that will make me want to play again is time. Maybe in a week or 2 I might get interested in playing again.

Yeah, honestly, it was a massive fuck-up that completely derailed the server. Things were going great until it was decided that character pages and rules that don't even fit the lore are more important than roleplay and server health. I hope Rolle realizes that he shot the server in the foot doing this and takes maybe the tiniest step back from actively meddling the next time things are going really well again.

I also hope, though, that you change your mind. We make our own fun in Day Z, and you make a lot of fun. Holly would be sort of directionlessly flapping in the wind at the moment if there weren't at least some raider presence, so I'm glad there still is, but there's certainly something missing without the Prophet around. I hope you'll come back soon. ❤️

• Legend

@Masoncurrently playing overwatch with wife and a few of my backlog with my new pc (control is gorgeous btw). As for getting back ingame, I will. Just enjoying a wee break atm.

As for this toxicity mentioned, yes from the outside some groups can appear toxic, but again that's just from the outside, fueled by your own negative perception and fostered by others who perceive them that way and typically caused by the frustrations of having to regear or the feeling of helplessness in the face of larger groups. I can ensure you if you can put aside the natural response of feeling negative towards those who do bad things to you,  you will find they are not, in fact, toxic,  and just playing a roll that makes them come off that way. 

• Diamond

For me to feel like playing again, there would need to be one hell of an unban wave.

• Game Master
19 minutes ago, AndreyQ said:

I personally lost all motivation to hop on the server since Craig and Redsky got tempbanned for following the lore Staggs wrote for the server. 

Yeah, it read like a massive "fuck you" to the creativity of the LMs and staff that contributed to the vibe of the new 2071 lore.

I lost motivation to play after those temp bans, follow that on with the server pop emptying out, Northmen and Fight Club stopping their play time and then Tarkov wiping, there's better things to do with my time. Maybe if new mods get added and shit starts happening again, I'll probably play.

• Diamond

I'd be more intrigued if PLIKT actually played, the excuse has been they don't have enough members but there have been lots of requests to join recently that have basically gotten ignored.

Might even start a new main character, not a massive fan of the 2071 time jump but it's by no means even in my top 3 reasons why I am not playing a lot atm. I do think however many characters (including my own) feel very cookie cutter and not very unique and I feel like it's because people are afraid to try to get creative because of people like Craig and RedSky getting temp bans...

Also the currency economy either needs to be removed or overhauled heavily...

• Support

Everyone is liberating in the east (Tarkov)

Some groups dont wanna get on, some been cheated OOCly with lore. Then its just a knock on effect, will an amnesty wave solve an empty server? Probably not, I doubt amnesty will ever be free (These amnesty threads been going on for years and its the same result everytime) and if its not free (The only insurance to more chiken nuggies) then people wont pay to come back so its kind of a catch 22 really BUT if it was free even if a majority are good the minority will ruin it for all as per BUT again I do see the benefits of it.

Personally I dont mind if the server if a low pop, I can still "Roleplay" as such, just variety is the spice of life and if im roleplaying with the same people over and over its kind of pepehands really. Tarkov hype will die down in a few weeks anyway and people will filter back in, server always has highs and lows just I think alot of things have happened at once Tarkov wiping / other things (I know the UK is about to come out of full covid restriction MAYBE too which is a small part) and its all turned into another "DAYZRP IS DEAD, WHY!?!?!?!?!?" fiasco.

Personally from the trend of the community this is pretty average for another year. Not time to sweat yet imo.

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Rickets said:

-SNIP for the first part of your reply

Well to be fair, whenever there is reaching out being done. I’ve been met with “That’s just the RP” “Don’t put yourself in that situation”  so it kinda deters me from wanting to do that when that is the response. 

i understand that is how RP is played I’ve done Darkside RP on atlas, FiveM, Multiple Dayz servers. It’s gonna take people to take a step back, maybe allow the Loot Goblins their area, maybe allow the Camp fires RP’s to do their thing, and then every once in a while the fuckin Negans come rolling in to take shit. Because that is how it is. Folks put time of their life into this server, to be shit on constantly... and maybe people just don’t wanna deal anymore. They don’t wanna be the punching bag for other people. 

3 minutes ago, Gaylaxy said:

Everyone is liberating in the east (Tarkov)

I believe there is a much more bedded problem then Tarkov my friend... 

That seems to be everyone’s saying. 

Edited by GhostAlpha
  • Diamond

I have been making sure to get on consistently everyday so I can keep playing and hopefully get into some RP. However, due to low population on the server I've been finding myself walking around for an hour without running into anyone. I'm trying my best to play while trying to get at least some sort of RP with other people.  

• Support
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, GhostAlpha said:

I believe there is a much more bedded problem then Tarkov my friend... 

That seems to be everyone’s saying. 

Everyone seems to be saying theres an issue then give the same solutions as the last 100 times. The DayZRP train is just in another cycle of High Pop > Mid Pop > Low Pop > Forums "DayZRP is ded" > Whatever changes mods, map, rules, lore, staff etc.. > High Pop and so on.

Just this revolution of the train happened faster than usual because again, of outside factors tarkov, covid restriction, some drama, whatever.

But thats just my opinion as such, from someone who came off a larger break.

Edited by Gaylaxy
  • Emerald
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, GhostAlpha said:

Well to be fair, whenever there is reaching out being done. I’ve been met with “That’s just the RP” “Don’t put yourself in that situation”  so it kinda deters me from wanting to do that when that is the response. 

i understand that is how RP is played I’ve done Darkside RP on atlas, FiveM, Multiple Dayz servers. It’s gonna take people to take a step back, maybe allow the Loot Goblins their area, maybe allow the Camp fires RP’s to do their thing, and then every once in a while the fuckin Negans come rolling in to take shit. Because that is how it is. Folks put time of their life into this server, to be shit on constantly... and maybe people just don’t wanna deal anymore. They don’t wanna be the punching bag for other people. 

i fail to understand your argument, you do not wish to play because you cannot hoard your gear and because you got raided?

literal prime example of main character syndrome, you got raided? raid whoever raided you back or robbed you, in game actions have in game consequences and RP is rp. that is literally why i barely play anymore, because people cannot differentiate between IRL and RP and everyone takes everything to heart. its literally in the title of the server, DayZROLEPLAY. It's not a second life server or a PVE Loot and interaction server.

And this group of 'toxic people' you and your buddies in the collectors keep referring to is obviously Scrap Rats, leave feedback on our group thread or make an admin ticket for OOC harassment if you think we're bullying you and being intentionally toxic.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think alot of people stopped playing because they got a very sour taste, not only from other players but staff themself, warning points being handed out left right and centre (not as bad as what it used to be mind you) and it kinda got jarring waking up to seeing 5 Points in the morning for just replying to a thread and speaking your mind. I got put on final warning in November last year for posting a literal picture of a meme to a friend in RE to a thread.

Another thing that could be improved on is the literal lack of shazam, i do understand we have gotten a new map for exclusivity and to give that shazam, but hardly anything changed but having this new map and thats it, it feels just the same as it did back on chernarus, same weapons, same stale rp, same mods give or take 1-2. We need more custom and exclusive content.

Another thing IMO is that so many good RPERS and valuable community members have left/been permed over silly things (now in no way am i glorifying here, only using these as examples before you jump to the conclusion of warning me), Take Oxen for example, one of the best roleplayers i have ever met, brought me out of my shell and took me under his wing with @TurkRP, just for him to be banned for pretending to live stream people in game at the beginning of the outbreak.

There has to be a second amnesty wave honestly.. A good amount of people will come back and im unsure about what this prejudice of them coming back to nuke and troll, why the fuck would they pay the money just to come and get 10 mins of entertainment... silly argument. Change also has to happen.

TLDR; Stop taking things to heart, learn its a roleplay server and were all here to have fun, add new mods and more exclusive content, accept change and listen to what the playerbase wants, Second amnesty wave (for same price depending on what they did to get banned).

Edited by Banksyy