Jump to content

Server time (UTC): 2021-08-04 23:01

Amnesty wave?


Thersty

Amnesty  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Diamond

Should we have another amnesty wave in hopes of helping server population.

If not, why?

Link to post
  • Lore Master

Might as well considering the old rule of "No second amnesty" has already been broken. I don't see why not.

Link to post
  • Sapphire

add 2nd amnesty on titanium rank so if someone wants to come back they gotta spend 500

no one will drop 500 unless they actually wanna come back

Link to post
  • Diamond
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, ImColt said:

add 2nd amnesty on titanium rank so if someone wants to come back they gotta spend 500

no one will drop 500 unless they actually wanna come back

With the state of the economy this is a terrible take considering some people are struggling to pay rent lmaooo

Edited by Thersty
Link to post
  • Diamond

honestly anything to drive the player base back up

 

Link to post
  • Titanium

As someone back on amnesty for the second time... Please yes do a second amnesty wave. This is all obviously in the end to be decided @Roland and I assume @Hoferand they could figure a price. I think there are a lot of friend groups simply not playing because they are missing a friend. The argument in the past against this has been "No, those people had their chance and they blew it" as well as "It will make us as a community look bad if we go and beg people to come back to play". I simply think that this is not the right way of looking at things. I know of many people that would jump at the oppertunity to come back.  As @ImColt said

20 minutes ago, ImColt said:

no one will drop 500 unless they actually wanna come back

Although I think the second amnesty price should be higher than first amnesty, I don't think 500 euros and a shiny rank is gonna draw much attention. Granted, that is why im back I Guess.

 

I do think another round of amnesty should go around. That may sound cheap coming from me but thats just my take on it. I do think a second round of amnesty would be beneficial to the server. Not only are you allowing players to come back, but their friends will start playing again. 

 

This may be naive to say, but I believe that if a second amnesty were to go around,  Id be willing to bet that we have to open a second server. But thats just my opinion.

Link to post
  • Emerald

I mean the server has been getting a bit stale recently and getting some old players back could be great. Another amnesty wave could help bring life and the spark back to the server. People are going to want to prove that they have changed and the RP is going to be positively influenced by that fact. Definately revise the price and severity, but the idea is great. As @Mason said :

7 minutes ago, Mason said:

I think there are a lot of friend groups simply not playing because they are missing a friend.

Groups moved to different servers or games in general just because one friend got permed and by atleast giving them another chance could help boost the server population. But nonetheless that's just my opinion.

Link to post
  • MVP

No.

When all respect is thrown out the fucking window, all disregard to hold up the terms, then there's no point.

Amnesty was THERE for a reason.

If a second amnesty wave happens it won't do shit. It's a win loss situation. And not for us.

Link to post
  • MVP

I'll be honest. It doesn't really make a difference to me. If someone was perm'd and wants to buy their way back through amnesty by all means let them. If they haven't changed their ways since they were banned they'll be shown the door real quick. Could even add in a stipulation that they are always going to be on a 15-20 warning points basis even after taken off final. That way they aren't able to just constantly fuck around and need to actually pay attention to what they do or the money they spent will have gone to waste.

Link to post
  • Emerald

I like this Idea it would be amazing to give old community members another chance.

+1 for me!

Link to post
  • Diamond
1 hour ago, Chawy said:

No.

When all respect is thrown out the fucking window, all disregard to hold up the terms, then there's no point.

Amnesty was THERE for a reason.

If a second amnesty wave happens it won't do shit. It's a win loss situation. And not for us.

Who is "us" though? The 20-30 people playing?

Link to post
  • Owner

Sorry to disappoint but there is no second amnesty and there won't be one. The amnesty is still a one time offer by DayZRP, so I will not be offering anyone additional chances or make it an official thing that is written somewhere and is available to all banned players with specific pricing. But, if it happens the other way around - someone approaches me and offers me a worthwhile deal - like Mason did - I may consider it.

Link to post
  • Diamond

Just fucking do anything to motivate those people to play seriously server is lost with no direction atm neew map started stronng but where are we now

 

Link to post
  • Legend
Posted (edited)

The reason of someone getting banned and a ban itself means nothing anymore.

Money does. Confirmed.

I was always against the amnesty system. However, I am also glad and happy that some people are back. 

I voted yes. Some really great roleplayers are banned because they could not behave on the forum. Who gives a fuck? I dont anymore since you just have to pay to get back. 

Not sure if 500€/$ is a bit much but if it is about getting offered a deal, why do you not take the chance? @Roland

 

Edited by Terra
Link to post
  • Emerald
6 hours ago, ImColt said:

add 2nd amnesty on titanium rank so if someone wants to come back they gotta spend 500

no one will drop 500 unless they actually wanna come back

I don't think someone that wants to come back is gonna drop that lmao, 500 is a crazy ask

Link to post
  • MVP

just let everyone come back what's the worse that can happen have people on the server?

Link to post
  • Game Master

Hated last amnesty, it introduced me to some cool new friends but on balance I still think it was a bad idea. Still voted yes since like the wise woman @Terra said, money means more than a ban.

Link to post
  • Emerald
33 minutes ago, AndreyQ said:

just let everyone come back what's the worse that can happen have people on the server?

If anything the new players will get the break they want because we all gonna be fighting each other instead lol

Link to post
  • Emerald

Never thought id say this but, yes let them come back.

Theres many arguments to be had about, yes or no, or no or yes. Stop all of that, we need the old guard that was steady and strong for the population and the roleplay that happens.

Link to post
  • Legend

Why not go even further? 

If someone get's an ingame ban, for example for BadRp, he will get a 7 day ban at most and 10points. You could buy your way back in, considering the server population. Let's say 10€ and you get back in. The points stay, they expire normally. You can adjust the price to pay for any other rulebreak to less money. 🤷‍♀️

I am with @AndreyQ. Let people come back, take the cash 💰. It will cause more people on the server and for staff something to do on the Forums. 

Win win cash

Link to post
  • Diamond
45 minutes ago, Terra said:

Why not go even further? 

If someone get's an ingame ban, for example for BadRp, he will get a 7 day ban at most and 10points. You could buy your way back in, considering the server population. Let's say 10€ and you get back in. The points stay, they expire normally. You can adjust the price to pay for any other rulebreak to less money. 🤷‍♀️

I am with @AndreyQ. Let people come back, take the cash 💰. It will cause more people on the server and for staff something to do on the Forums. 

Win win cash

I'm not a very big fan of the initial suggestion. Because the idea behind a punishment....is well....a punishment. If punishments are not something to be worried about or feared of, there is very little incentive on beholding to the rules. Which means chaos on the server. Granted you'd have to pay, but honestly that's just a cheap way of allowing those who do not follow the rules to continue breaking them, and not learning anything.

 

I'd personally rather RP with 30 people who follow the rules, provide good RP and are active players than 100 people with god knows how many just simply not giving a single damn, when they get fed up, knowing that they can just buy their way back in and deal done. As for the amnesty wave. Well I don't know the old guard and as such I don't know what they had done etc etc. Perhaps they have changed their attitudes our outlooks towards things by now, so maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to give them a chance. However it's hard to say for certain.

 

 

Just my two cents. 

Link to post
  • Emerald
6 minutes ago, TyanX said:

I'm not a very big fan of the initial suggestion. Because the idea behind a punishment....is well....a punishment. If punishments are not something to be worried about or feared of, there is very little incentive on beholding to the rules. Which means chaos on the server. Granted you'd have to pay, but honestly that's just a cheap way of allowing those who do not follow the rules to continue breaking them, and not learning anything.

 

I'd personally rather RP with 30 people who follow the rules, provide good RP and are active players than 100 people with god knows how many just simply not giving a single damn, when they get fed up, knowing that they can just buy their way back in and deal done. As for the amnesty wave. Well I don't know the old guard and as such I don't know what they had done etc etc. Perhaps they have changed their attitudes our outlooks towards things by now, so maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to give them a chance. However it's hard to say for certain.

 

 

Just my two cents. 

Ill put something in perspective, I have been here for 7 years now, theres people permabanned from 9 years ago.

The person I am now, is not the person I was back then, some of those people were 16 at the time of their permaban, young and immature and especially rebelious.

Theres definitly the type you describe, but then there are the types like @Jackfish, who came back through amnesty and are by far the best RP'ers youll ever meet.

Its a double edged sword, you'll bring back some bad ones, but youll also bring back people who really learned a lesson and value the community enough to anywhere between a 100 to 500 euros like @Mason did. Trust me those are the ones that are coming back, because they want to be back and do better.

Link to post
  • Diamond
5 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Ill put something in perspective, I have been here for 7 years now, theres people permabanned from 9 years ago.

The person I am now, is not the person I was back then, some of those people were 16 at the time of their permaban, young and immature and especially rebelious.

Theres definitly the type you describe, but then there are the types like @Jackfish, who came back through amnesty and are by far the best RP'ers youll ever meet.

Its a double edged sword, you'll bring back some bad ones, but youll also bring back people who really learned a lesson and value the community enough to anywhere between a 100 to 500 euros like @Mason did. Trust me those are the ones that are coming back, because they want to be back and do better.

Oh most definitely! It is without a doubt that some individuals are definitely different people at this point. Especially after so many years! Which is why I did say, it could be a good idea. I just don't know any of the circumstances surrounding those days is all.

But perhaps taking a look at those very old bans, and reconsidering might be worth a shot. I am all for it, and well if it doesn't work out, then it doesn't work out. 

Link to post
  • Sapphire
Posted (edited)

Free all the homies in the pen. Would probably help with population as well tbh, some banned players probably wanna check out the new map.

Edited by Jorrdan
Link to post
  • Emerald

I was going to give a flamin hot take, but after reading some of the other replies, it seems to be lukewarm at best:

Just take the money and let everyone back

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...