Server time (UTC): 2021-08-04 23:23

Opening up DayzRp to four maps

Mrdarkfox18

Opening up DayzRp to four maps  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Diamond

The idea is to open up all four maps. Cherno, Livonia, Nyheim, and Nemalsk. This allows people to travel to different maps with a 24 hour timer between them. Each map would have a government and a different set of rules. Gear would transfer between the maps. Remember there would be a 24 hour cool down before you could move to another map. It allows people to become more creative and not be so limited to one map. If a group keeps getting stomped on daily, it would allow them to move away from the group that is bothering them. I understand we currently don't have the numbers to back this up, but I believe if you do something different and new our old players would come back, along with the New 203 whitelisted players we have. I say allow the players to be free!

• Diamond

Um. Cool concept, yes we don’t have the players. But I also don’t think we could even do this. Not only would we need to have 4 separate servers, but the coding wouldn’t be possible to my knowledge. Each map would need to be hived tougher if gear would be shared, which I don’t think is possible for different maps…

• Emerald

While the idea sure is grande, I think the simple fact that there is nowhere enough players to pull it off even with the new whitelists pulls it to the ground.

I'd much rather have a full server with a 20 man queue than have all the people distributed across 4 servers.

• Administrator

Simply put, we just don't have the player base.

• Diamond

When the day comes when we have 250-350 concurrent players this would be awesome.

But at the moment we can't get past 50 on one map during the weekend.

I don’t see this happening anytime soon. If we had the player base, of course. Nyheim is dayzrp’s bread and butter now. 

• Diamond
12 hours ago, KonoSimp said:

2136273706_Screenshot(358).png.0164d23fdf499d5bf37a811fe10eda45.png

This is a scary thing to see...

• Diamond

We can't even fill one server, why split it into four? That makes zero sense.

• Administrator

As others have already stated, this simply will not work. We should focus our playerbase in one map rather than split it among four.

Nah chief.

As soon as a Chernarus server is open, people will scour to it and we're gonna be back on square one.

• Emerald

Maybe if player base was better but not right now 😞

• Diamond

I don’t see that working. With the low player pop trying to get rp on each and every map would scarce if to none.