Server time (UTC): 2021-07-31 05:53

Lore Event - "The Scientists"
TODAY | 2021-07-31 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 13 hours, 6 minutes | Nyheim City

Next Discussion: Way to Regain Server Population?

Posted (edited)

So guys, my next point id like to bring up. What ways do y’all think we can regain Server Population? 

In what ways could we bring DayzRP back to the top of the list? 

Dont bring any Salt, I know everyone sees it. I’m not saying it’s dead or dying. I’m simply asking ways in which WE as a community can regrow the server. 

Edited by GhostAlpha
  • Sapphire

Idk whats causing the activity decrease right now

but maybe a more active event/story line and world changing stuff  would draw people back.

More frequent events by maybe getting an event team that works with the LM's ?

• Support

You can change the map as much as you want, make it as shiny and new and unique as possible.  It is the mentality of people that needs to change. Because currently most of the people are still in the old-school DayZ mindset. It takes time and effort to change, and people who aren't willing to go with it just drop out.

• Lore Master
16 minutes ago, Knight said:

but maybe a more active event/story line and world changing stuff  would draw people back.

More frequent events by maybe getting an event team that works with the LM's ?

Got both. Not enough volunteers.

A good example would be not us being able to man PLIKT even.
I couldn't even get 2-3 volunteers for events two days ago when I pinged out a Discord of 40+ people 😄

• Sapphire
2 minutes ago, Duke said:

accept my boy @Nonplayerthen

• MVP

Also there has been strife against the current naming schemes on the server. No clue if that is sorted out or not, but it affects quite a lot of people.

• Lore Master

Original content.

DayZRP has no originality anymore. Yeah we have some custom things here and there but overall we are missing alot of custom cool shit.

Its a shame, it really is.

• Sapphire
15 minutes ago, Duke said:

I couldn't even get 2-3 volunteers for events two days ago when I pinged out a Discord of 40+ people 😄

imma actually sign up then, really enjoyed helping the events back in cher anus.

6 minutes ago, Griffin said:

-SNIP

I whole heartedly feel that... the Can food would be rotten by now... everything would be hunting based... ammo would be extremely scarce... Satchel charges wouldn’t be a thing... remove all that... make it where if you are going to die.. you might have to eat a person...

I think it would be so much deeper rp that way 

• Emerald

1. Accept change,

2. Second Amnesty Wave,

3. People learn that this is an RP server and what happens in game stays in game, and that there is a difference between IRL and RP.

Then maybe, just maybe a few things would be fixed.

4 minutes ago, Banksyy said:

1. Accept change,

2. Second Amnesty Wave,

3. People learn that this is an RP server and what happens in game stays in game, and that there is a difference between IRL and RP.

Then maybe, just maybe a few things would be fixed.

What would you Change Banksyy? If you could?

• Game Master
54 minutes ago, Duke said:

That's probably cause Plikt is miserable for anybody who does it and wants to do anything other than get baited or firefight. Wondering what happened to the potential special rules Plikt were meant to get to make life slightly better for the volunteers.

A healthier process for newcomers to learn the meta of the server would be good. The mentor program with @Nyx may be a healthy first step, depending on who is allowed to mentor and how it is run, though for most newcomers the server is simply a trial by fire. There's the whitelist but there's no face of the community to welcome you anymore. You simply exist until you learn enough to hate the server or meet the right people and enjoy yourself.

• Emerald

The rule that makes us follow Twitch guidelines is a joke.

Most of the realism, grit and vile behaviour you'd see in a setting like DayZ's is just taken away with that rule alone.

The map needs to be bigger but not chernarus big. A few hot zones not just one, more stuff out in the hills and forests because every lore there are cool sanctuarys that you every once in a while catch a new visitor.  The lore feels dry. 50 year time skip limits alot of character stories. Kills the buzz of makin a character. (This next is my own opinion not flaming it makes sense but maybe could be toned down a bit.) Seems when someone makes a character. Somebody has a problem with it. Whether its a part of the backstory or ive even heard of people getting shit for trying to make their character overweight or underweight. Might be staff having problems with them might not be. But people want more freedom of character design. The forum game has already been pointed out and its very true to the point where some people are saying fuck it and just slaughtering people because they arent gonna come back to the server in the current state. Theres a current group making it unfun to try and build anything of your own. Any hard work will be gone the next day and even if your their to defend it youl get over powered by their half or more of server pop raiding party. Then when the people who build these bases get pissed and leave the server. The raiders have nothing to do so they get bored and leave to. Im not flaming. I care about this server and the population that seems to be plummeting as if it was the great server depression from years back.

A neat little request is that we should bring back a mentor program. When i was a little bambi back in 2015, when i fucked up they put my ass in a mentor program and made me into a way better player for the server and it gives you a chance to connect with someone and maybe make a new friend. Nowadays its a punishment and they dont learn shit. They are back then the bans over doing dumb shit again. Then get banned and another player is off the counts. Itd be cool to reinstate the mentor program with trusted community volunteers and staff alike.

Last note. Thank you @Kerkkoh for the map. You worked hard on it and the city is great. Looking forward to see what you can do more with it after a well deserved break from working your ass off.

I know this shit is long as fuck. Its a rant where i poured fuckin anything I've heard from people recently minus the salty awful angry shit. I dont hate staff. I dont hate the map. Im not a fan of the lore but im not saying its trash. I dont hate base builders and groups. 

3 minutes ago, SkinVest said:

The rule that makes us follow Twitch guidelines is a joke.

Most of the realism, grit and vile behaviour you'd see in a setting like DayZ's is just taken away with that rule alone.

Yeah this is very true as well. The tos shit is slaughtering rp

• Diamond
1 hour ago, Duke said:

Getting help/volunteers while in the loremaster position sucks, been in that position myself. If the LM team ever need help, I am willing to do so.

29 minutes ago, Griffin said:

The server is too easy, just from taking a brief break to play on more hardcore servers I know now that the harder experience makes for better roleplay. When you are immersed in the game the roleplay of living in the apocalyptic world we are supposed to be in comes alive. Lack of food, pitch black nights, scarce ammunition, Bases that are harder to raid, 1st Person perspective* it all builds on what DayZ has to offer and our server is lacking that. I just can't help myself from thinking how much better the community center would be if you had to go there for food because you're actually starving or need help.

NGL if the server was like that I would stop playing.

I would think about some rule changes, the introduction of some base raiding rules would be OK with me if they were done right. I do have a rule idea which I think most people would be OK with when it comes to base raiding. Allowing/asking community members to lead Lore Factions, I think the community could do a better job than the staff team at running a lore faction. This isn't a dig at the current staff team, I mean just in general. Doesn't matter who or how many staff you got, the community would do a better job with some trusted/experienced RP'ers leading it. Loosen the reigns around character creativity. Mentor system would help a little bit. Cool/interesting mods.

• Diamond

Mentor program? Cba to help run it again this time around - happy to assist if necessary though.

I've seen a litany of Whitenames running around rule breaking - not to mention current rule drama - the community is not adapting to change well!
Be a good start to address the fact Whitelist is too easy and folks don't often read the rules thoroughly. @Roland

Just my two cents though.

• Sapphire
54 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Just my two cents, it may seem salty from this point forward but just my opinion.

Disclaimer I love this community

• There's too much emphasis on the forum "game", Rules lawyering, ooc flame etc. When you can no longer get ingame without being able to enjoy yourself because you're worried about who's going to get angry at you today it takes the fun out of the server. IC is IC those interactions I can handle when they get heated up, but far too many people take everything from in character as a personal attack OOC. The forums went from the place you can go to, to get Radio Comms or lore type media to expand the server's content to DayZ myspace, as someone who's bought Titanium I can assure you I enjoy making my profile look nice and all the perks that come along with supporting the server in that way, but for some it really seems to be taken too far.
  • The server is too easy, just from taking a brief break to play on more hardcore servers I know now that the harder experience makes for better roleplay. When you are immersed in the game the roleplay of living in the apocalyptic world we are supposed to be in comes alive. Lack of food, pitch black nights, scarce ammunition, Bases that are harder to raid, 1st Person perspective* it all builds on what DayZ has to offer and our server is lacking that. I just can't help myself from thinking how much better the community center would be if you had to go there for food because you're actually starving or need help. With the abundance of everything in the server you don't need to rely on anyone else for anything, You have literally everything you could possibly need in your backpack at all times. The rest of your time is spent finding that one cosmetic item that you really want or spending your time in meaningless conversation with someone.
  • The community is too anti-change, What's wrong with testing new ideas? everyday someone new joins the server and bring their ideas of what they want from the community they are inevitably going to spend their time and their money on. But every time something is suggested it's immediately shot down and not even in a polite or gentle way. It's usually some sort of "No never get fucked you're ideas are stupid" kinda way, That's not a direct quote but it's pretty close minus the blatant flame.

In the end there's so much we could do to "Fix" the server IMO more than I've even suggested, but sometimes it doesn't seem like its going to ever happen.

Definitely agree with some of that, Namalsk had that survival vibe and in my opinion was far more enjoyable than what we have now.

• MVP
  • Original Content

This is of course worked on by our devs but there needs to be more of it. I do not blame the devs however, we only have 2 that can make new models, which take time and effort. Without much incentive to do all of this, I am glad we get the models that we do as if I were in their shoes I doubt I'll even be inclined to make any. Getting more devs and actually paying them for their work would mean we get more content. If other servers can so can we.

• Listening to the community

There have been suggestions in the past that have been completely shut down because people just don't like them. Look at MassManyItems which got over 100 positive votes and we still don't have it even though you have massive PVP servers which are performance heavy and are able to run it just fine. Same goes with the whole naming issue. You have the community votes, you have the whole LOREmaster team agreeing that wacky names are fine lore wise as long as there is some backstory to back them up and yet here we are.

• Be more welcoming of new people

This is something I see quite often and I myself sometimes am at fault for this but I usually try to be opening to new people and ideas. However I can put myself in the shoes of the new guy and most suggestions for improvement could very well seem to be taken quite aggressively by the community. I think we should be more welcoming to people and hear out their ideas. Most of them we already know and been hearing for a while and the overall attitude is against them but there could always be some great ideas popping up and we should try and be more open and hear them out.

• Diamond
Posted (edited)

I could say a lot, but for one easy thing get rid of the Twitch TOS shit. The attempt was to make the server more streamer-friendly to get the population up and it didn’t work. 

Also, if PLIKIT isn’t working scrap it and leave it to the long list of failed lore factions. This is DayZ, shouldn’t be cops and robbers. Have a staff faction that has KOS rights on anyone they want instead, shit would actually be interesting.

Edited by Squillium
  • Emerald

Pay developers to make original content.

Listen to the community opinion and make changes faster rather than once every 3 months.

Take shit less serious and let people have fun as long as they aren’t actually hurting anything.

Be unique in some aspects. There is nothing special about this server versus other roleplay communities.

• Emerald
1 hour ago, Squillium said:

I could say a lot, but for one easy thing get rid of the Twitch TOS shit. The attempt was to make the server more streamer-friendly to get the population up and it didn’t work. 

This, I’d say I told you so but It should be pretty evident to everyone how badly this failed.

I agree, just looking around we have found servers with higher population. But to me, if this community would listen to the “Small guys” possible changing for the good. 

I still stand by the “need more of a survival” aspect to it. 

it just feels like Cops and Robbers. Or good vs bad. Instead of that “we need to farm/hunt/trap for survival. It can be better. And us as a community can get it there.

but as a whole we may need to move past the old ways of DayzRP, continue to grow, and evolve with the player base. Am I saying scrap everything? No, this place can be great. But we need the more senior players to see that. 

I appreciate everyone taking time to come and put their responses in. 

• Inferno locked this topic