Server time (UTC): 2021-08-06 04:30

Dynamic Events - Contracts / Mutants
TODAY | 2021-08-06 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 14 hours, 29 minutes | Nyheim City

Extending The Day/Night Cycle

Extend The Night Cycle  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Emerald

Honestly I do feel as if nights should be extended, even if by a little bit. I actually forgot nights were even a thing in DayZ recently because of how short lived it is on the new map.

However, with the location of the map likewise it makes sense because summer time in the Northern Hemisphere nights can almost be non-existent.

42 minutes ago, ImSpecies said:

Honestly I do feel as if nights should be extended, even if by a little bit. I actually forgot nights were even a thing in DayZ recently because of how short lived it is on the new map.

However, with the location of the map likewise it makes sense because summer time in the Northern Hemisphere nights can almost be non-existent.

I get that but, The nights are actually non-existent in save. Also, It's never like super dark ever which is a bummer. Takes away some good RP Scenarios and Settings.

• Emerald
8 minutes ago, GucciOnFrozone said:

I get that but, The nights are actually non-existent in save. Also, It's never like super dark ever which is a bummer. Takes away some good RP Scenarios and Settings.

Honestly I would love some night time, even if it was just for like maybe an hour. I feel that it would bring a whole new dynamic to the way the city looks. Would make an already amazing looking city into a phenomenal looking city at night.

• Emerald

Longer nights as well as darker nights would be great. Seeing the city at night with fires and (I think) some street lights would be much more suited than the 20 minute twilight we have now. 

10 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Longer nights as well as darker nights would be great. Seeing the city at night with fires and (I think) some street lights would be much more suited than the 20 minute twilight we have now. 

I very much agree. From here where do we go. Does the vote just stay up till a staff member decides to do something with it or not?

• Support

I voted NO as I feel like the night-day cycle is right for this map and the location. Seeing the Sun at the horizon at 2 am has a different feel to it.

1 minute ago, Isylon said:

I voted NO as I feel like the night-day cycle is right for this map and the location. Seeing the Sun at the horizon at 2 am has a different feel to it.

In Sweden during winter it gets dark for ages same thing for Norway in the winter so, based on the location it's correct to have longer nights but, I guess it's based on what season.

• Game Master

I don't like night time, even with nvgs or appropriate lighting, its just annoying. Fine with cycle as is.

• Administrator

I'm gonna say no, I get where you're coming from with this but I really dont wanna have more night time than day light. Currently it's fine as it is in my opinion.

30 minutes ago, GucciOnFrozone said:

I very much agree. From here where do we go. Does the vote just stay up till a staff member decides to do something with it or not?

This is your thread, you can ask for it to be closed anytime you want. However it's better to keep it up to let more people express their thoughts on the matter.

I’d love to see longer nights. Makes the atmosphere a little more spooky 

• Diamond

HUGE +1 FOR ME

I think it completely shakes up the game in some ways that you have to think/act/react differently.

I'd also like to see nights be a bit darker as well, sometimes night just looks like you're just wearing dark sunglasses.

• Server Manager

Funny thing is, Nyheim is so far up north, if I were to set the in game date to current month and day, it doesn't even get fully dark, it's dusk for 2 hours and then morning again. The opposite happens during winter months, it is almost completely dark in November, all the time.

Currently the server is set to 1st of May 2071 which results in light night. I would have to bring the date back down to March to achieve more darkness, but then it gets quite longer too. I have no trouble changing this based on popular demand so vote and let me know what you want.

13 hours ago, tz said:

I’d love to see longer nights. Makes the atmosphere a little more spooky 

Exactly. Imagine running into some creepy individuals at night in the woods. Would add a whole new element.

9 hours ago, Roland said:

Funny thing is, Nyheim is so far up north, if I were to set the in game date to current month and day, it doesn't even get fully dark, it's dusk for 2 hours and then morning again. The opposite happens during winter months, it is almost completely dark in November, all the time.

Currently the server is set to 1st of May 2071 which results in light night. I would have to bring the date back down to March to achieve more darkness, but then it gets quite longer too. I have no trouble changing this based on popular demand so vote and let me know what you want.

He has spoken! Everyone vote!