Server time (UTC): 2021-08-06 04:25

Dynamic Events - Contracts / Mutants
TODAY | 2021-08-06 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 14 hours, 34 minutes | Nyheim City

Ammo Making

Nyx

Ammo Making  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Diamond
Posted (edited)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1934466732
Ammo making mod.
Since we have the scrap guns, etc - think it would be super cool to be able to craft ammo. 
It appears to have several steps to making the ammo so that's also a bonus.
Keep the spawn rate of the items associated low so it's rare and hard to find, etc.

Think some good rp could come from this and it makes sense with our current lore setting.

Edited by Nyx
  • MVP

I think this is a great suggestion. It would make sense in the setting we're in as well so why not! 

• Emerald

Already a thread like this.

I still do agree though, and have re-voted Yes.

+1

• Diamond
Just now, Niller said:

Already a thread like this.

I still do agree though, and have re-voted Yes.

+1

Seen that, thread was closed.

• Emerald
1 minute ago, Nyx said:

Seen that, thread was closed.

Fair, Fair.

• Sapphire
Posted (edited)

I'm confused as to why this is not in yet.
+1

Edited by Knight
  • MVP

+1 

This is how ammo should even be found now a days, it should be hand made rounds being found every where not factory new. Obviously DayZ is limited with things like this but if it was possible to change out all the ammo you can find now with hand made ones from this mod? That would be amazing.

• Emerald

Not sure as to why the prior suggestion wasn't already added along with the scrap guns. If there's some dev delay my bad but it's worth reminding if not. +1

• MVP

Its cool, maybe overly complicated process if its the only way to get ammo. Definately script heavy maybe impact the server in some way but worth a test if its what people want.

• MVP
2 hours ago, Misho said:

Its cool, maybe overly complicated process if its the only way to get ammo. Definately script heavy maybe impact the server in some way but worth a test if its what people want.

Do you think it's possible to allow the hand made ammo to spawn in place of the base dayz ammo? If crafting it was the ONLY way to get the ammo right now obviously that would make things difficult for everyone. Hopefully I explained my thought well enough for you

• Diamond

I see a lot of Buzinessez starting up from this Mod. Let's add it! It would be great for TRADE

• Emerald

Seems good, can we make  the workbenches permanent fixture on the map instead of craftable?  It seems to be a possibility according to the dev here.

• Diamond

Nah just up ammo spawns.

• MVP

Reduce the ammo spawns greatly. It would open up avenues for a group based trade for ammunition and weapons, in case certain kind of additions would be made. 

On 6/30/2021 at 12:12 PM, Nyx said:

Since we have the scrap guns

Ive heard about this, but haven't seen any yet. Are they spawning? Will they be craftable? Any links where I can learn more?

• Diamond
1 minute ago, Stellaboy said:

Ive heard about this, but haven't seen any yet. Are they spawning? Will they be craftable? Any links where I can learn more?

As far as I am aware there are 2 currently craftable in game currently.
I would say ask around ICly to learn how to make such things, these crafting recipes should be found out ICly in my opinion plus I dont really think there is a doc/information place to find it anyway.

Just now, Nyx said:

I would say ask around ICly to learn how to make such things, these crafting recipes should be found out ICly in my opinion

I agree with this sentiment. Unfortunately there seems to be little incentive to try and figure it out as long as regular guns are still spawning. 

I mean honestly, everyone is whining about eco, spawning, and trade. And today I sort of realized that everything really is working just fine. It's not bad at all atm. Who knows? Maybe in a few more weeks bullets will dry up, as will guns, and pipe guns and craft bullets might be our only source!