Server time (UTC): 2021-07-31 05:45

Lore Event - "The Scientists"
TODAY | 2021-07-31 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 13 hours, 14 minutes | Nyheim City

Map poll. No salt/arguing just vote ur fave.

Map voteeee  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If a map you like isnt here feel free to throw it in comments.

Think over the maps for which one would/has had the most enjoyable rp experience.

Feel free to even comment with a list of wich of the maps are your favorites are in order of best to worst!

• MVP

Deer Isle is the best map created for DayZ and I don't think there will be any that can beat it.

• Diamond

If Standalone Namalsk had blood suckers...

Takistan would be my first vote though

• Diamond
Posted (edited)

had to reread the question on this one:

Nyheim > Namalsk > Chernarus > Livonia

best rp experience ive had to date is been on our current map.

Edited by Nyx

Lots of effort has been put into Nyheim and i think it has been probably the best fun i've had in a while

18 minutes ago, Mugin said:

Takistan would be my first vote though

And this ^^^ this map looks fucking amazing, i hope some rp servers pop up with this becuase that would look fun as hell to play

• Emerald

@Kerkkoh put 2 years of his time and dedication into making a map we could have and not even a month after there is a poll up about a new map.

Keep Nyheim, it's well made and is specifically made for DayZRP... We can do whatever we want with it and have content added as we please.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Niller said:

@Kerkkoh put 2 years of his time and dedication into making a map we could have and not even a month after there is a poll up about a new map.

Keep Nyheim, it's well made and is specifically made for DayZRP... We can do whatever we want with it and have content added as we please.

Oi niller. This isnt about a new map. Also no salt pls.

Edited by Sirarxfatalis9
  • Emerald
Just now, Sirarxfatalis9 said:

no salt pls

Not being salty, just putting my opinion out there.

• Emerald
Posted (edited)

Nyheim is the best map made to this day. The map is amazing and should never be changed. The fact that we’re not even a month into the new map and u make a poll for maps after @Kerkkohused YEARS on this map is outright disrespectful imo. Just close this and dont say «oof» after nyheim when its a custom made map for this community. Highkey flame bait toward the map owner 

Edited by MaybeleleLR
Yup
  • MVP

People seem to think this is a poll to change maps. It's not. It's literally just a poll being posted for what maps people have enjoyed playing on the most that DayZRP has had a server for. It's a legitimate poll asking a legitimate question to people. Kerkkoh did an amazing job with the map but it's too early for me to tell if it will pass the fun I had on Livonia.

Livonia

Nyheim

Chernarus

Deer Isle (At the time was too buggy to be good)

Never played Namalsk

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, OwXgleSimp said:

People seem to think this is a poll to change maps. It's not. It's literally just a poll being posted for what maps people have enjoyed playing on the most that DayZRP has had a server for. It's a legitimate poll asking a legitimate question to people. Kerkkoh did an amazing job with the map but it's too early for me to tell if it will pass the fun I had on Livonia.

Livonia

Nyheim

Chernarus

Deer Isle (At the time was too buggy to be good)

Never played Namalsk

This. Never once shat on the map maker. Never would.

Edited by Sirarxfatalis9
  • Diamond

In terms of RP, it would be Chernarus simply because of the great story we had in early mid 2020 and such. Far more grande stories on Chernarus. 

In terms of map and survival, Namalsk simply because that map was challenging and difficult. Lots of fun going into the bunkers and survival. 

Nyheim because of that big city. That's is, I just love the big city. It's my favorite part. Under a dictator or not, I love that big city. 

It's a mix bag. 

• Owner

In order of best to worst, I like Namalsk a lot due to gameplay focusing on survival, custom features like tunnels and custom weather. Nyheim is close second simply because of aesthetics and size. Chernarus is cool, but too large for the player capacity DayZ servers can provide. Livonia is like Chernarus but more flat and boring. Deer Isle is alright, but too chaotic and spread out for my taste and doesn't really offer anything very unique except the huge mountain.

• Emerald

Deer Isle

Nyheim

Namalsk

Livonia

Chernarus

Uve played Chernarus for close to 10 years and at this point it’s just so stale, Nyheim is nice in size which means I get to meet more people more often. Chernarus is too big causing wide spread across the population and where to find people. Deer Isle is just god-like.

• Emerald

Favourite to least favourite:

Best would definetly be Nyheim. I think its mostly because it reminds me of Division so much and I love that game. Second would be Namalsk, because I like focus it puts on survival and all the cool areas on the map are just the icing on the cake. Next one would be  Esseker. I used to play so much esseker back in Arma 3 breaking point that it was disgusting. Chernarus is next. Its a good map, but I think its way too large. I dont own Livonia and only played deer isle for like 2 hours so cant really say anything about that.

From the three I have played on during my time on DayZRP I would order it as such.

1. It's a close tie between Chernarus and Namalsk but I would say.............. Chernarus? I personally really love the landscape and lore of the area. I think its a wonderfully made map (as expected cause its the vanilla map)

2. I am aware many people disliked Namalsk but jeez I dont know why but I just loved it. The music, the landscape, and THE COLD. THE COLD FELT SO REAL UGH. Awesome. Plus I met a lot of my homies including the fabled @PandaSimp

3. Nyheim is so fucking cool and unique. The city life is pretty well done and I love the ambient music playing in the buildings and such. My real gripes with it are quite basic/expected. The size. The map is small, which isn’t a bad thing by any means but what bothers me is what seems to be the lack of the map (outside of the main city) filled in. I’ve been to 3 of the four corners of the map thus far and I have to say that I’m not incredibly impressed. Not a huge fan of the airfield either. With that being said the city it’s self is really well done! The only issue is the fact that I have already memorized it like the back of my hand within 3 days. Despite this I am still not bored of it but I fear that I will at some point in the future. 

1. Namalsk. 
It's been the best DayZRP and DayZ experience I've had in the many years I've played on here. The harsher environment and added survival elements made it a blast to play and survive in, not to mention the impeccable map design and object placement. And the size seemed to be just right to be able to appease both sides of the community.

2. Livonia.
One of the more refreshing experiences I had when it came out. I had a good time setting up the Nadbor Forest Conservation with some friends and providing help and general guidance on there, as well as constantly being on your toes in the large forest because of the bear/wolf spawns. And the weather/temperature was more of a problem than on other maps which is extra challenge I always enjoy (on Nyheim it could be an issue but the sky keep mysteriously popping back to clear a lot).

3. Nyheim.
While just a bit too small for my taste, Kerkkoh did his best to make an enjoyable map. It's better than Deer Isle and more rich in RP encounters than Chernarus (although I never did mind the long treks necessary to get anywhere or meet people). I've enjoyed wandering around pretending to be a fisherman/hunter sofar.

4. Chernarus.
It's still a good map, don't get me wrong. And I've had many good experiences on it both in the standalone days as well as the mod days. But after so many years of playing it, the map itself has become old and stale. The only thing still carrying that map is nostalgia.

5. Deer Isle.
Personally didn't like the design and map itself too much and quit playing it soon after that became clear to me.

Maybe in the far future (when the community starts crying out for another map) we can take a look at Rostow or Esseker. But I'm hoping Nyheim will keep people satisfied for a good long while.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, MaybeleleLR said:

Nyheim is the best map made to this day. The map is amazing and should never be changed. The fact that we’re not even a month into the new map and u make a poll for maps after @Kerkkohused YEARS on this map is outright disrespectful imo. Just close this and dont say «oof» after nyheim when its a custom made map for this community. Highkey flame bait toward the map owner 

Yeah so. Id think a someone who made a map would like to see if the made a better map than dayz peeps themselves. And therefore would WANT to see what people thought. Not flaming. Not disrespectful. No more salt. I dont wanna type essays for every map. Oof means i dont like it. Godlike means i do. Never said kerkkoh did a bad job. Takes skill to make a playable map. I know i couldnt do it myself.

Also making a poll on maps isnt disrespectful. Wouldnt they want to see if people like their map?

This ISNT about changing the maps. This was supposed to be a nice discussion about what maps people liked.

Dear god now im going against my own title and arguing. Now that ive clarified im not asking for a map change maybe it can be a nice thread from now on eh?

Edited by Sirarxfatalis9
  • Game Master

Nyheim > Chernarus > Livonia > [Can't Comment as I didn't play Namalsk or Deer Isle]

Nostalgia goggles have always skewed opinions on Chernarus, its a great map, however it wasn't designed with a roleplay community in mind. If we could have had more than 100 players on the server, then maybe it would have been feasible, but unfortunately we're stuck with the 100 Player cap (unless you wanna force massive stability issues). 

Nyheim on the other hand, I haven't got a bad word about, from testing the map till now I've had nothing but fun. I understand its not for everyone, and that people have their complaints, but in my opinion its the perfect map for an RP community. Plus, we have the added benefit of being able to update and expand the map as we see fit, but @Kerkkohdeserves a long break after the immense after he's put in over the past few years. 

• Emerald

1 - Nyheim: The general concept of the map is incredibly suited for roleplay. Take the city for example, there's inside the walls which is the defendable safe heart of Nyheim. There's the city just beyond the walls which has been lost to the people not suiting for life under the Gov, who dwell in ruins and various forgotten streets. Outside of these sectors are the mountains which hold scrap cities and places akin to favelas. A nuclear powerplant wedged in a valley and a frozen sea port with a ship lodged in the centre now turned into a place of housing. 

All this and more dotted around Nyheim, and yet my main reasoning for liking this map is the fact that it can and will be expanded. The possibilities are great to think about as we as a community have some what of a say in how this map will develop.

2 - Chernarus: I love Chernarus. It's the map I've put most of my hours into and the map which I learned every inch of. Chernarus is the safe choice for any RP community as it will always bring some people to it just for the sake of familiarity, however I think many of us got fed up with realising the limits that map has with RP.

3 - Namalsk: From what I have played of this map I can only wish I would have put more time into it, I was on break from DayZRP when they introduced this map and regret that immensely.  Amazing environment and plays to my Stalker/Metro love. 

As for Deer Isle and Livonia I can count on one hand how many times I've logged into a game with one of these maps. So no opinion, good or bad on them as of yet. 

• Support
Posted (edited)

Chernarus>Namalsk>Nyheim>Livonia>Deer Isle

Mother Chernarus is just a superior map with all the Eastern European vibes and landscape to make me feel like a child at home again.

image.png.4f6790819548b4e9452972681f465db8.png

Edited by Isylon
Spelling
  • Diamond

Everyone I play or have played DayZ with knows my opinions of all the maps but Nyheim is absolutely amazing, the amount of time and effort and love put into this map really shows. This map is 11/10 the RP is great, and everything about this map is outstanding @Kerkkoh . But definitely Chernarus > Livonia > Nyheim > Namalsk > Deer Isle. Chernarus will always be on top for me purely for the fact I've been playing it since Arma 2 DayZ Mod.

• Sapphire
Posted (edited)
  1. Nyheim
  2. Namalsk
  3. Deer island.

Legit all beautiful and creative maps,  most fun i ever had on dayz was on these maps.

pls add Namalsk survival back 🙂

Cheranus is just so plain and boring compared to any of these maps, although it was more fun base hunting.

Edited by Knight

Deer Isle. BEST MAP
Nyheim
Livonia (only because of the storylines I had on here compared to Chernarus)
Chernarus
Didn't play Namalsk.