Server time (UTC): 2021-08-01 04:55

PLIKT -- O-Squad Patrol -
TODAY | 2021-08-01 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 14 hours, 4 minutes | Nyheim City

Immersive Placing

Nudey

Immersive Placing  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Emerald

I feel like this would be a great addition for roleplay being able to place items onto tables ect,
Some folks this could be handy for
Bartenders.
Traders.
Drug deals.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2521460498

Being able to have a hostage on one end of a table, and place a Revolver on it in front of them while making an offer they cannot refuse? 

Fuck. Yes. This mod looks simple but will add so much spice to the little things we emote out. 

• Diamond

A much better option to Place Anywhere.

+ 1 for my immersion

• Diamond

This is a FANTASIC mod! It adds a CUSTOMIZABLE KEY to place items! My original fear was it would be a “click to place” option whenever you held an item, so it woulda gotten in the way. It doesn’t!

It looks super simple and extremely effective. Perhaps some testing just in case? But other than that this is a much need for a RP server! Bump this suggestion right now! 

+1!

• Diamond

I think this could really come in handy for some immersive roleplay! +1 

• MVP

We had this mod in the past and it was really cool. People would set up guns on counters and it made things looks so much better in terms of visuals. The mod look like it is updated recently which is a big plus so I don't see why we couldn't try it again.

+1

• Emerald

Seems like a cool mod and based on the comment section, only has few bugs and even those seem to be mostly related to items getting DayZ:ed out of existance which isnt really that serious.

+1

• MVP

Ima +1 this. I dont actively play but I think this is a great mod for RP and it seems to work fairly well. Atleast add it as a trial.

• Emerald

+1

This should be a god damn requirement

• Emerald

Big +1 
Such a subtle change but will add to that sweet immersion so much. Get this in!

• VIP

Good Rating but seem abit new maybe wait for a while incase of bugs?

Sturm-Falke101

Definitely quite stable, I'll do so more playtests on the server with it tonight.
I will say, on Namalsk, I think some of the older assets on the map have wonky bounding boxes and it can lead to loss of if items.
Also, I think the top of a Cargo Container ate one of my items and that's pretty weird considering how flat the surface is. I think that's the result of the camera/raycast issue you described. This was before you separated the keys and I was using quick drop.
HOWEVER, now that item position is chosen when you click instead of after the animation is played, I think it is pretty hard to accidentally place an item inside of an object. You have to find the odd angle and more often than not, it's a valid angle.

Will definitely have everyone playtest some more.

• Lore Master

+1 Yes please god. This would open a new world of possibilities for maximizing immersion.

• Owner

I like this very much. Hopefully more optimized than the last version that we tried long time ago 😄 

This one looks so much better than the previous one we used to have. I also like that placing stuff is actually looking good, and not just wonky. As long as it's not activated by default on every player and they have to activate it personally, I voted yes to have this.

• Diamond

I would love to see this one the server! I am fully for adding this mod to our mod list!

Looks like a fantastic mod. Would love to see it added to the server. +1for my immersion 

• Owner

Will try to add this tomorrow