Server time (UTC): 2021-08-06 03:48

Dynamic Events - Contracts / Mutants
TODAY | 2021-08-06 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 15 hours, 11 minutes | Nyheim City

Rule 3.6 Break -Metagaming

Server and location:  Nyheim, Collectors Base North of Reactors 

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 2021-06-29 21:07

Your in game name:  Benjamin Kershaw

Names of allies involved: Damian , Marcus Oneill, David Crane

Name of suspect/s: Holiday Otradovska

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): 

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): image.png.ebc7bc99d1e4334f1eb349ccfb112229.png

Detailed description of the events: I received a radio message from a collector inside our home saying" a lady is outside and wants to torture a Collector". Upon leaving the base I confronted Holiday Otradovska. She told me that we "the collectors" abducted her the other day and shot her and her friend. She stated we had pink armbands and we were all called Erick with a group called UGP.  I asked Holiday "what proof did she have on this?'. She stated she doesn't have to tell me. Via Rule 3.5 "When your character dies you lose all memories from the situation that lead to your death". So me and my people had no knowledge of this event(we all died). I was the only member of The Collectors that has met holly outside of the hostage event. She has Never seen my face and I changed my voice. We used pink armbands and no one used there real names. There is no way anyone would have knowledge of who abducted who. Instead she used the last report to get names of people on the group page. Used that information to spread the OOC information to other groups like King Of the Ring Chance Morris, who old me IC that Holly told him "The collectors did this". Other group that she has spread this OOC to is the Scrap rats. Dynamic groups like the pagans and holly's group." Because of this obvious rule break of 3.6 we had over 25 people(from 4 groups) take us out of our base, torture one of my men, stole hundreds of rounds of ammunition(+other things) and has ruined 2 weeks of good Rp with the other groups/factions. 

Edited by jasonsr88
  • Diamond

Millie POV:

As detailed in the previous report, a few days ago I was taken by some people claiming to be the UGB. Given that the previous report made it obvious who the UGB is, I avoided investigating further than asking people who the UGB is. As I told Queerios and Greeny in the helpdesk, I gained my IC knowledge of the Collectors' shenanigans from @Ethan-J's character Fin. You'd have to ask him how he got it.

5 hours ago, jasonsr88 said:

So me and my people had no knowledge of this event(we all died). I was the only member of The Collectors that has met holly outside of the hostage event.

So you were there. The vast majority of the collectors who were there were unmasked. So why is it that when I asked in side-chat tonight if I recognized their faces, all of you said no?  I've also met the collectors numerous times, including when about six of you came to town to talk about your religion in front of a crowd. I would absolutely recognize some of you and yet that night when I asked if anyone was familiar, the only response I got was from @cjackson821, and no one on the captors' side.

It seems to me like you did a poor job of planning for secrecy and compensated by powergaming your anonymity. Now that you've been found out, the strategy has shifted to making a false report without even bothering to talk to me first.

I won't be responding again unless it's to staff questions.

This will be easy to break down for you. First Off " I've also met the collectors numerous times, including when about six of you came to town to talk about your religion in front of a crowd". when we came to town for the event we  were wearing mask. Its is my dang profile picture if you don't recall. The only collector's you may know is layla and she doesn't know anything about this situation and wasn't even involved so guess again. Secondly lets talk about power gaming.  rule  3.8."You are not allowed to force an action, condition or belief through role play upon another players character unless the action is specifically consented to by the other player using OOC text. This is called power gaming.  spreading OOC information and Forcing my guys to leave the base and torturing one of them to Force ur Rp is the definition of power gaming. My guys had to follow the NLR rule. Thirdly   "Now that you've been found out, the strategy has shifted to making a false report without even bothering to talk to me first". I am not required to contact you first. I am required to talk to Admin staff who informed me how to file this report. "I won't be responding again unless it's to staff questions." let the Admins do there job 🙂

• Game Master
On 6/29/2021 at 11:07 PM, jasonsr88 said:

--snip--

What evidence do you have that anything was metagamed?

Your lack of knowledge of how they know does not immediately constitute metagaming on the opposing parties side. For all you know one of the Collectors sold you out. Someone identified you legitimately. Etc.

We are not prone to allowing metagaming reports as fishing expeditions to OOCly discover how someone has done what they have done, and we see no unreasonable information collecting so far. Remaining a 'secret' character is an extremely difficult thing to do.

Unless you can present some actual evidence that information was metagamed other then you not knowing where it came from, there is very little to proceed on in this report.

Please reopen the report if you have some evidence to prove metagaming.

Signed.: @Rover, @Queerios, @Lettuce