Server time (UTC): 2021-08-01 05:13

PLIKT -- O-Squad Patrol -
TODAY | 2021-08-01 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 13 hours, 46 minutes | Nyheim City

Expansion walls, Place able objects.

Knight

Choose option  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Sapphire
Posted (edited)

Hello.

Currently it's difficult to raid any type of base built with expansion walls.

Most bases i've seen use 3-4 airlocks with these types of walls.

To bring down an expansion wall you will need about 60 buckshot or an explosive.

now i get everyone wants to have a little loot storage

BUT

Currently these near invulnerable bunkers are hoarding Valhalla's for  newer players on the server who don't know the difference between personal storage and supplying a small army.

now i couldn't care less seeing a successful big juicy raid is what makes me a happy DayzRP member.

but server performance and client side performance is degrading due to these loot bunkers.
so i'm putting out a suggestion

My suggestions :
-Make Base object's sellable.

and

- Make Expansion walls raid able
Add makeshift explosives  or an in house mod
-Disable expansion walls.

As i was writing this up, Roland has disabled expansion walls. 

epic moment.

Edited by Knight
  • MVP

Hello, I will travel in the past and let them know. Done.

After I travelled in the past, it was decided that expansion walls will be removed.

• Sapphire
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, AndreyQ said:

Hello, I will travel in the past and let them know. Done.

After I travelled in the past, it was decided that expansion walls will be removed.

Very epic andrey Q, thank you for doing this to me.

it's wierd how i was typing this out and Roland posted it, it makes me slightly confused but in a happy way.

Altough all expansion walls are not yet gone, we still need a solution for that

Edited by Knight

I personally don't really see how it's difficult to raid bases at the moment. places are hit literally every night over night. Base raiding shouldn't be a one and done thing as it leaves you without a sense of accomplishment as well as setting up a base useless.

• Emerald

The same issue we are currently having with people stacking walls in their bases will not be fully fixed with the removal of expansion base building. The materials you need to raid are still quite rare and now, whitenames will stack EvenMoreDoors instead of the usual expansion door.

In my bambi opinion, adding a craftable explosive or something along the lines would be awesome to keep everything fair and square.

• Legend
16 minutes ago, Yakuza said:

I personally don't really see how it's difficult to raid bases at the moment. places are hit literally every night over night. Base raiding shouldn't be a one and done thing as it leaves you without a sense of accomplishment as well as setting up a base useless.

Yak, I'll send you a clip of last night. 

• Sapphire
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Yakuza said:

First:
If you tried raiding a base you see how its all ready heavily restricted.
My place has not been hit in the week its been up.

Second:
As it is has been used in the pasts weeks, a lot of bases that are incredibly hard to raid have just been loot bunkers.
for confirmation about this, ask any of my bois or the scrap rates, they can tell you how bad it has been.

This thread is not about the satisfaction of a quick raid, but the server and client side performance wich is effected by it.

Edited by Knight
  • Emerald
19 minutes ago, Yakuza said:

Have you ever tried to raid through honeycomb on RUST? It kind of feels like that atm.

2 minutes ago, Niller said:

Have you ever tried to raid through honeycomb on RUST? It kind of feels like that atm.

i personally haven't had any issues with raiding to be fair. 

• Emerald

While homemade explosives sound good, I don't think raiding needs to be made any easier. Especially now that expansion basebuilding has been removed. 

I think making placeables sellable COULD be a great fix for people just putting down every object they find, but a bit risky. Basically giving people a reason to put stuff down just to come back later to pick it up and go sell it.

• Emerald
28 minutes ago, Yakuza said:

i personally haven't had any issues with raiding to be fair. 

I don't have any issues either you just have to get creative for example:

Me and my friends had to all got on 1 code lock and start spamming codes till we got it right and after 6 mins we got it!

We also used each other to boost over walls and they threw an axe over for me to bust the door down. 

Personally I don't think its that hard and its quite fun trying to get into bases that are hard to get into!

• Sapphire
2 hours ago, Final Krullix said:

-Snip-

Hello, As a fellow Engineer i applaud your creativity in this situation, top tier raiders, Hmu sometime.

Then again, this thread was mostly made against the problem of Rust honeycomb bases that lag the server performance.

Seeing that one of my suggestions is already applied before i made the thread makes me happy, but doesn't resolve this problem of these bases existing for another 2 weeks.