Server time (UTC): 2021-08-04 21:50

Dynamic Events - PLIKT / Contracts
ONGOING | 2021-08-04 21:30:00 (server time) | Ends in 39 minutes | Nyheim City

Toxic Zones

Please make parts of the outside area (Outside of the city) radiated, especially the military zones to make it more fun. Gas masks are available which can act as a reducing factor of radiation or add filters for the masks. If no filters, then add radiation pills that will help lower the radiation.

• Emerald

We had Toxic Zones in Chernarus, and they served their purpose to push the lore. However, the only reasonable place I could see a toxic zone in Nyheim would be the power plant given that the thing would have been unmaintained for the last 50 years. 

Other than the aforementioned location though, there would be no reason for most of the other places to be irradiated. And on a personal note, I'm really not a fan of chunks of the map (given it's already smaller size) being off limits to most players. 

• Game Master

Hi there Anim3Recon,

Can you please add an unbiased poll to your suggestion per the Suggestion Guidelines.

Thank you

Please no,

toxic zone visuals are buggy and you have to rely on the message 9/10 times.

This time jump/lore, there’s really no point to have Toxic Zones, unlike last lore where the it was slowly moving towards the coast and shut down areas up north. 

• Titanium

No. 

As the others said, there's no point in having some sort of toxic gas in Nyheim. Wouldn't make sense lore wise. And the map is already small enough without having it reduced again thanks to gas. 

The ONLY way I could see the Toxic Gas being added and it making sense, was if it was more of a Radiation thing at the Power Plant in addition of having an underground section similar to the Athena Stations in Namalsk. Only accessible with a Full NBC suit and gas mask filter. 

• MVP

No, we have a new map and will not be restricting parts of it to gas mask only

• Emerald

No.

Map is small as it is, don't wanna run for 10 minutes to accidently run into a cloud of toxic gas.

so whats with the glowing reactor that kills you if you get close?

20 minutes ago, PrimalKing92 said:

so whats with the glowing reactor that kills you if you get close?

that was supposed to be a secret 😞

• MVP

I do not wish to send hours to make toxic mod configurations again.

It's a no. Not needed.

• Diamond

Nah. Map too small and toxic zone wouldn’t render in again.

It’s cool to keep it as a mod for events. But let’s not reuse the same idea from Cheranarus 

• Diamond

No. Combine that mod with the massive loot bases and the big city, nothing would function correctly. 

• Sapphire

nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope this mod is absolutely awful I BEG you NEVER add this back to the server it caused me more headaches than @Elmo and @Realize

4 hours ago, Verbal said:

We had Toxic Zones in Chernarus, and they served their purpose to push the lore. However, the only reasonable place I could see a toxic zone in Nyheim would be the power plant given that the thing would have been unmaintained for the last 50 years. 

Other than the aforementioned location though, there would be no reason for most of the other places to be irradiated. And on a personal note, I'm really not a fan of chunks of the map (given it's already smaller size) being off limits to most players. 

We should 100% do this. The nuclear reactor should have melted down ages ago if it was not properly maintained for a period longer than 5 years. I mean im not a nuclear engineer, but my base assumption is that the nuclear power plant is irradiated as fuck, and anyone going there should have to wear the appropriate equipment. I would vote for making this location irradiated/toxic/etc.

• Diamond

Oh my god no.  I didn’t like the toxic mod on Chernarus because of how buggy it is, definitely don’t want it on Nyheim with how small the map already is.  

if you want to roleplay a place may be irradiated, then do that.  But until it’s written in the lore dont assume a place is irradiated because it looks like a nuclear power plant—they could have decommissioned the thing before the world went to shit and disposed of the nuclear materials in a way that doesn’t kill everyone in the area.  Or it could be a rediscovered way of providing power to Nyheim, and therefore there are people working the plant in a handwavey offscreen way.  Because, and I’m just guessing here, if the nuclear plant had meltdown… then the whole map would be irradiated/unlivable.  

• Titanium
20 hours ago, Verbal said:

The reactor is exposed and leaking as well, that would be cool. but there is no reason to block that specific area in particular