Server time (UTC): 2021-08-03 10:13

Dynamic Events: "The Mutated.."
TODAY | 2021-08-03 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 8 hours, 46 minutes | Nyheim City

Increase Inventory of the Hooded Jacket

Crimson

Increase Inventory of the Hooded Jacket  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Diamond
Posted (edited)

JacketHoodup_Black.png

This popular beauty is well worth the purchase but I feel it's full potential is not being utilized. The current lore aims for civilian dominance. So let's make more civilian clothes a preference for the community and increase the inventory space. It's odd the Pea Coat has a larger inventory than this jacket. 

The current slot amount is 25. 

Edited by Crimson
  • Diamond

It would help to know what the normal slot for the item is? For us regular folk who enjoy DayZs less custom assets! 

But none the less, I think it should have the same slots as the BASE GAME HOODIE, no reason to think otherwise IMO. It’s a hoodie, like all the others, with just as many pockets…

Need to just accept the sacrifice for the drip. It's a struggle we all face.

• Diamond
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Gallowglass said:

Need to just accept the sacrifice for the drip. It's a struggle we all face.

Why? Why make the sacrifice when you can have both utility and style?

Edited by Crimson
Just now, Crimson said:

Why? Why make the sacrifice when you can have both?

I mean, I don't wear a backpack for the drip..I feel like if we slowly edit everything to have more slots that's a slippery slope. It's just a hoodie, but with the hood up, so it needs to stay in line with the other regular hoodies, so then we bring those up..then the other jackets need to be boosted up too..etc..

I usually only where hoodies IRL and they don't contain a lot of storage. I would in fact go the opposite on most clothing items having way too much storage. I probably couldn't fit more than 8 pears in a hoodie in real life no reason in game you should be able to stuff 12 pears into a hoodie (which is the current base)

I'm just using pears as an in game to real life example. Pears take up two inventory slots in game. I will post a picture of me fitting maximum amount of pears in my hoodie if need be. 

• Diamond
4 minutes ago, Gallowglass said:

I mean, I don't wear a backpack for the drip..I feel like if we slowly edit everything to have more slots that's a slippery slope. It's just a hoodie, but with the hood up, so it needs to stay in line with the other regular hoodies, so then we bring those up..then the other jackets need to be boosted up too..etc..

And why is that a problem? I understand this could start a domino effect but that's not the goal here. It's one jacket. So again, why sacrifice utility for style?

4 minutes ago, Crimson said:

And why is that a problem? I understand this could start a domino effect but that's not the goal here. It's one jacket. So again, why sacrifice utility for style?

That's kinda part of the game mechanics.. It's why plate carriers don't come passively with slots, and that russian vest only has 12 but with no pouch options..Inventory management is a necessary balance.

8 minutes ago, AleksObrien said:

I usually only where hoodies IRL and they don't contain a lot of storage. I would in fact go the opposite on most clothing items having way too much storage. I probably couldn't fit more than 8 pears in a hoodie in real life no reason in game you should be able to stuff 12 pears into a hoodie (which is the current base)

I'm just using pears as an in game to real life example. Pears take up two inventory slots in game. I will post a picture of me fitting maximum amount of pears in my hoodie if need be. 

Don't tease me with a good time........

but yeah that would be a fun experiment. I do think things have LOTS more slots than necessary but I also think clothing takes up a lot more space in bags than necessary as well.

• Sapphire
5 minutes ago, Crimson said:

Sacrificing "Utility" for style is part of being on a roleplay server. You don't need maximum slots to be able to survive on the server. I remember plenty of characters back in the day used to not wear backpacks because it wasn't a part of their characters look, and they thrived. 

Though, this is just my opinion, I think that the amount of space it offers suffices for what it actually is. A hoodie. 

2 minutes ago, Gallowglass said:

I do think things have LOTS more slots than necessary but I also think clothing takes up a lot more space in bags than necessary as well.

There is another suggestion that talks about this 

Give it beanz if you like the idea of clothing being reduced in size 

• Diamond
4 minutes ago, AleksObrien said:

There is another suggestion that talks about this 

Give it beanz if you like the idea of clothing being reduced in size 

If we can get a reduction in the size of items then there would no longer be a need to make inventory larger. But as it stands...

So please everyone, vote to reduce the size of items. 

• Emerald

Is this all you do @Crimsonfind clothing you want to wear in game and then beg for a inventory size increase? Hoodies store fuck all irl and shouldn’t store anymore in game, it made sense when you went on and on about trench coats but this is silly. 

wear a backpack -1

Given that both vanilla and Windstride hoodies offer 20 slots, the hooded one already offers 5 extra which is enough for people. Make sacrifices, only carry the essentials and if you neeed to carry more stuff, just get a backpack.

• Diamond
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kordruga said:

Is this all you do @Crimsonfind clothing you want to wear in game and then beg for a inventory size increase?

Get used to it.

Thanks for participating in the poll. 😏 I have one of these kinds of jackets in real life and I can certainly fit a lot of stuff in there, which is another reason for the suggestion. I think it would be less stress on the server if there were more 30-42 slot clothing than everyone carrying 80-100 slot backpacks. 

Edited by Crimson
  • Emerald

No.

Hooded jacket is good as it is for what it's presence is ingame.

If you want more loot space use the Field Jacket, Patrol Jacket or Leather Coat.

• Diamond
2 minutes ago, Niller said:

No.

Hooded jacket is good as it is for what it's presence is ingame.

If you want more loot space use the Field Jacket, Patrol Jacket or Leather Coat.

Hoping to offer more for people instead of turning to Military clothing for better inventory space. 

• Emerald
1 minute ago, Crimson said:

Hoping to offer more for people instead of turning to Military clothing for better inventory space. 

That's what backpacks are for homie.

If you're wearing Jeans, Hooded Jacket, Belt with Pouch (+sheath or assault boots) and only use 1 weapon, you have more then plenty space there already.

(20+25+9) + (3 free with Sheath / Assault Boots) = 54 slots.

And considering most people wear a Balistic Vest, Field vest or Plate Carrier with pouches lets add the minimum with is 24.

54+24 = 78 slots.

Surviving on a "Loot Budget" is all about optimization, and if you aren't willing to make those sacrifices and want to carry everything with you then that need is filled with a backpack with the only exception being your stamina and "drip" suffering.

For example: Instead of having a Canteen filling 4 slots, fill up a Cooking Pot for a space free canteen.

So it's still a -1 from me, if you want to carry more then what's absolutely neccesary for survival then put on a backpack...

• Legend
Posted (edited)

It's not meant to have more space than it's vanilla equivalent due to Bohemia's ToS (item shop one), unless that's changed.

Unless you mean the regular one you find on the ground, then yeah sure, why not.

Edited by JimRP

Instead of picking and choosing items you like you might be better off making a suggestion to make them all the same. Silly imo, everything you need to survive fits in tshirt and jeans anything after that is purely optional so I'd base your counter argument more on than just there being a difference between a backpack and a hoodie. Clothes don't cause lag, hoarding in bases with multiple placed objects does.

• Emerald
1 hour ago, Crimson said:

Get used to it.

Thanks for participating in the poll. 😏 I have one of these kinds of jackets in real life and I can certainly fit a lot of stuff in there, which is another reason for the suggestion. I think it would be less stress on the server if there were more 30-42 slot clothing than everyone carrying 80-100 slot backpacks. 

Most people have a jacket with two pockets in real life and most people know that you can probably store a phone and a wallet in them. With 24 slots you can have much more than the real life equivalent.

please provide a better argument as to why someone should waste their time changing something that doesn’t need changing at all 

• Diamond
5 hours ago, Kordruga said:

Most people have a jacket with two pockets in real life and most people know that you can probably store a phone and a wallet in them. With 24 slots you can have much more than the real life equivalent.

please provide a better argument as to why someone should waste their time changing something that doesn’t need changing at all 

I did. It's on the original post. 

6 hours ago, Rickets said:

Instead of picking and choosing items you like you might be better off making a suggestion to make them all the same. Silly imo, everything you need to survive fits in tshirt and jeans anything after that is purely optional so I'd base your counter argument more on than just there being a difference between a backpack and a hoodie. Clothes don't cause lag, hoarding in bases with multiple placed objects does.

I'm pretty sure I suggested an increase to all clothes months ago and players voted against it. I'm not after making shirts better (yet) just jackets. Figured this would help those who RP in minimal clothes and no backpack. Saw a ton of that in 2019 and 2020. 

• Emerald
43 minutes ago, Crimson said:

I'm pretty sure I suggested an increase to all clothes months ago and players voted against it. I'm not after making shirts better (yet) just jackets. Figured this would help those who RP in minimal clothes and no backpack. Saw a ton of that in 2019 and 2020. 

The people (like myself) have lived with that sacrifice for a long time and it's a choice that is taken by the individual.

I'm sure they don't need help if they've mastered the mechanics of the game, but for those that do there are an easy solution that everyone else uses.

b a c k p a c k s

2 hours ago, Crimson said:

I did. It's on the original post. 

Did you though? 

9 hours ago, Crimson said:

Civilian clothing shouldn't have nearly the same carrying capacity as military gear. It makes no sense. Why should your civilian hoodie be able to carry 8 AK 101 magazines? They aren't built for that. (25 slot divided by 3 is 8.33). What you want just doesn't make sense in an rp setting. You'd have to make hard choices on what you can afford to carry and not. 

10 hours ago, Crimson said:

I have one of these kinds of jackets in real life and I can certainly fit a lot of stuff in there

It has two pockets that aren't even big. It's so unrealistic to give it anything more than 25 slots. As I said before 25 slots is 12 pears and 8 AK 101 magazines. If you really think those pockets will fit that much in there than I think you must have some Marry Poppins bag properties that I don't know about. 

• MVP

Nope, sorry. I think the slots should stay as is. As someone who has rocked the hoodie in the past and now rocks the baseball t-shirt (The one with the sleeves)-  a 12 slot shirt, I still get on perfectly fine with- you guessed it, a backpack, and not even a big one at that. Cause realistically speaking EVEN IF you had huge ass pockets you still would not fit what you can fit in a DayZ hoodie.

Figure A.

image.png.79765beb3cea7a660015afd8b75692db.png

Conclusion: Leave as is. We're here for RP and you can basically keep the bare essentials on you with a hoodie/jeans/backpack (optional) combo.