Server time (UTC): 2021-08-01 03:50

PLIKT -- O-Squad Patrol -
TODAY | 2021-08-01 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 15 hours, 9 minutes | Nyheim City

Lets discuss Nyheim!

Hey all,

After running around the map for a bit i wanted  to discuss some of the gripes i personally have with it.

First of all the positive the main city looks amazing and  feels like actual people lived in it.

Now the gripes:

- Way too small, with 100 people running around it doesn't feel very survivory when you meet someone every 5 minutes.

It also limits options for bandits cause their isn't any room too escape (probably why they're so few bandits)

- Not counting the main city the map is really bland and boring.

I personally am not having a good time on the map and wished we could go back to Chernarus, until this map is expanded on.

Note: This is just my opinion this is no attack on the map creator or those who do like it.

Xxx Kenny

• Diamond

The map is way too small. I love bigger maps so it will be my primary dislike for the map.  But the city is my favorite part. I wish the city took up more of the map. The forests are too empty and bland but meh. The traders suck! I want the old traders. Infinite inventory and all. At least money was useful. 

I wish we had more Mods though. I heard we were supposed to have a mod where we could make our own scrap guns. Wonder what the plan is for that. 

Got to disagree on a few things here I'm afraid:

- Map was purposefully designed to be compact with large amounts of vertical space. The fact I can go up and RP with anyone in as little as a few minutes AFTER spawning is refreshing and needed after the huge empty Chernarus was. 

- Bandits can still prosper, as long as they realise they can't just run to a distant point to wait out a timer; they actually have to 'blend in' with a disguise or emit such bick dick energy to just not worry. A bandit life should be dangerous, but Chernarus offered way too much easy places to hide. 

- The focus of the map is the city, however @Kerkkohhas stated that more could be added if needed, and there currently is a sewer system in the works as well. The benefit of such is the easily implementation of prefabs (if needed). Also, all of the points of interest are pretty nice and different imho.

The map was purposefully designed for maximum player interaction and not a 'loot hoarding base RP of hubbening bogaloo' as Chernarus was. The new map is a breath of fresh air, but it seems many players can't adapt to the change... 

• Diamond
6 minutes ago, Crimson said:

I heard we were supposed to have a mod where we could make our own scrap guns. Wonder what the plan is for that. 

Scrap guns are being developed in house as far as I am aware. From what I've seen, @Misho and @Empress are working away with developing these.

You can already make a pipe SMG in game, and from what it looks like a makeshift shotgun is in the works. Keep an eye on the sneak peak channel in discord!

The problem is mostly the map is basically just the city, i liked the more organic encounters on Chernarus now we are just forcing people to go to one point.

Not disagreeing that Chernarus had problems i think the interest will go down fast on this one, im already burned out on it and only been on for 6 hours.

• Diamond
1 minute ago, Cor said:

Scrap guns are being developed in house as far as I am aware. From what I've seen, @Misho and @Empress are working away with developing these.

You can already make a pipe SMG in game, and from what it looks like a makeshift shotgun is in the works. Keep an eye on the sneak peak channel in discord!

Where is the recipe to do this? 

• MVP
Posted (edited)

Oh boy don't get me started

- I love the size of the map because you get to hang out with your homies and everyone kind of knows eachother
(Unless they hide in the woods to hoard gear, which brings me to my next category)

Dislikes:

- People that hoard shit, which seems to be a growing disease lately even more than usually on dayzrp.

I ran into a situation where some boys liberated the clock tower and it was packed with 60 lockers minimum amongst a TON of other stuff. It was disgusting, but that's not the only place in town that's full of gear hoarding. Keep seeing people on the road fully decked out that don't even wanna talk to you. 

38 minutes ago, Princess Kenny said:

It also limits options for bandits cause their isn't any room too escape (probably why they're so few bandits)

There isn't "few" bandits, they're just all busy initiating on the gear hoarders in the woods 😉  It's a 24/7 kind of job

Edited by Luca
  • MVP
17 minutes ago, Taffinator said:

and not a 'loot hoarding base RP of hubbening bogaloo' as Chernarus was

Somehow it always manages to turn into it one way or another, no matter how small the map is apparently 😄 The apartments and high-rise buildings are ALL packed of loot hoarder bases.

2 minutes ago, Princess Kenny said:

A tad ignorant too say everyone that isn't in the city is a hoarder, The problem is you either be in the city or... nothing else.

I never said "everyone who isn't in the city" because I know the LR boys hang around the outskirts a LOT, as do other groups but a lot of people I have personally met in the woods didn't even want to talk to me and just looked like a fully decked out supersoldier. 

Like i said though, the high rises and apartments hold the most hoarding space as of right now, time to liberate some more *Looks at the raiders intently*

• Diamond
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Luca said:

Like i said though, the high rises and apartments hold the most hoarding space as of right now, time to liberate some more *Looks at the raiders intently*

As a Gear Guy, the sheer amount of crap in the city is bad. People throwing up tents and camo nets and mini buildings is just frame rate crushing. You only need a single locker per person at the most! There really needs to be a map wipe in my opinion.

Edited by Crimson
  • Emerald
11 minutes ago, Princess Kenny said:

A tad ignorant too say everyone that isn't in the city is a hoarder, The problem is you either be in the city or... nothing else.

image.png.79a60a220836b1740ca7e469b7464222.png

i dont need to say anything else, ss provided by @AndreyQ

• Diamond
20 minutes ago, Crimson said:

Where is the recipe to do this? 

As far as I'm aware you can make a stock out of some firewood with a hacksaw, you need to make some components out of a pipe and a hacksaw then you combine them? I haven't tried it myself so I'm unsure

• Diamond
1 minute ago, Banksyy said:

image.png.79a60a220836b1740ca7e469b7464222.png

i dont need to say anything else, ss provided by @AndreyQ

WTF?! At least it's not in the city. Unless it's a trader setting up shop then it's fine. We need trade brought back. 

It seems if most of you just care about hoarders (then you are just as obsessed with gear as they are)

I don't care if people hoard you are gonna lose it anyway, all i want is some room to move around in.

This map is just Groundhog Day with some independent variables.

• Emerald
14 minutes ago, Princess Kenny said:

It seems if most of you just care about hoarders (then you are just as obsessed with gear as they are)

I don't care if people hoard you are gonna lose it anyway, all i want is some room to move around in.

This map is just Groundhog Day with some independent variables.

im not obsessed with gear, im obsessed with the fact that there are several rust looking bases around the map that tank the fps and server performance as well as the amount of hoarding but the map has only been out a week.

• Game Master
39 minutes ago, Luca said:

Dislikes:

- People that hoard shit, which seems to be a growing disease lately even more than usually on dayzrp.

Counter-argument to that - the map is smaller so you probably just see the issues more frequently. We are also popping off at 100 most nights and its great to see, naturally people are gonna do what most people do, which is stockpile supplies for survival. You might see it as a negative but personally I choose to see it as a positive influx of new players excited to play the game and not quite understanding the meta of DayZRP, kinda sweet in a way.

I agree that the map is quite lackluster outside of the city, there seem to be few points of interest, though I do believe that as time goes on it can only get better. The fun this new map has brought to DayZRP has recaptured some old 2019 vibes for me, so I can't thank @Kerkkohenough for that, although I can see it getting stale rather quickly if the city is all we have.

• MVP

I like the map and being able to meet people fast. Chernarus was so boring having to play 30 minutes to an hour just for one interaction. Now it feels like when the triangle used to be a thing and you could just hop on and meet people all over the place. There are multiple cool places outside the city, people can visit and use too, which is what is already happening. Overall is a great map, way better than that shit Chernarus, let alone Livonia and almost at the god like level of Deer Isle but I don't see any map beating that any time soon.

Sure at some point it will be boring, but that's how legit all the maps are. People play for 3-4 months and then get bored.

I enjoy the new map but am way to loyal to Chernarus to not want to go back. Chernarus gave me the ability to be a bushman hiding in the forest living my best recluse bushman lifestyle until someone found me starting the RP. Sometimes it happened, sometimes it didnt happen. Nyheim is bam interaction here! Boom interaction there! Certain roads and places are a bit unpopulated but even then youl still get decent amount of interaction. I think a map between the sizes of Nyheim and Chernarus with maybe a few obvious hot zones but still enough to be a nature man would be absolutely great.

Edited by Sirarxfatalis9
2 minutes ago, Sirarxfatalis9 said:

I enjoy the new map but am way to loyal to Chernarus to not want to go back. Chernarus gave me the ability to be a bushman hiding in the forest living my best recluse bushman lifestyle until someone found me starting the RP. Sometimes it happened, sometimes it didnt happen. Nyheim is bam interaction here! Boom interaction there! Certain roads and places are a bit unpopulated but even then youl still get decent amount of interaction. I think a map between the sizes of Nyheim and Chernarus with maybe a few obvious hot zones but still enough to be a nature man would be absolutely great.

A man of culture i see, totally agree with you.

• Diamond

I understand the OP's points and sorta agree with them, however I am still having fun and the city has a lot of cool little spots inside it that could be turned into an area of operaition for some people. But no matter what the map is, whether its small like Nyheim or large like Chernarus, the server is what you make it. Back in Chernarus I was bored as hell before I joined the Transporters and made new friends and played with some old ones. Right now I am having so much fun on the server and I would say thats got to do with the group and RP more than the new map, about 95% of the fun I am having is got to do with the group and the other 5% is the map. Not to say the map isn't fun or good because it is, my point is that its you and the RP you give and get makes your time on a server fun rather than the server map its self, this however is just my opinion based on the 6 years I've been here playing, I think about the times I left for periods of time and realise that I left because I wasn't having fun and wasn't to involved in any groups or stories.

Anyway, TL;DR get invovled in the RP, get invovled in stories and groups, make some friends and make it fun for yourself, don't rely on the map to make things fun for you.

1 hour ago, Luca said:

People that hoard shit, which seems to be a growing disease lately even more than usually on dayzrp.

Yeah it is, I think we have to understand that a lot of new players won't actually be here to RP but mostly to do what they do on a Pub server without being killed on sight. Hopefully, given enough time and exposure, they will give up their pub server mentality and focus on RP instead.

• Emerald

Honestly I've had more RP on this map than Chernarus in a LONG time, because everyone is so close there is always an interaction to be had. Yeah the loot hoarding can be annoying but it also gives me incentive to start some hostile RP strong-arming my way into houses.

The maps size is actually really good. At first, I was a little skeptical but after playing between Chernarus, Livonia and Deer Isle - I can say this is the second most fun map out of the four. I love being able to meet people. The only reason I logged on in the past few months before the new map was announced was only because we had cars & helicopters and could get around the map in a few minutes.

Thankfully with Expansion, raiding bases becomes, at least in my opinion, so much more fun. No sitting on a gate holding left click for 35 minutes and repeating the process when you figure out they have an airlock. The loot hoarding issue is prevalent but hey, at least they get raided.

I also think it's safe to say that the maps gonna be updated with new stuff every now and then but right now, people are everywhere and that's good.

3 minutes ago, ImSpecies said:

Honestly I've had more RP on this map than Chernarus in a LONG time, because everyone is so close there is always an interaction to be had. Yeah the loot hoarding can be annoying but it also gives me incentive to start some hostile RP strong-arming my way into houses.

Please stop talking about the hoarding thats not the point of this thread.

The point on this map is people who want too play a bushcraft/survivor style are left in the dirt.

It actually limits the variety of roleplay.

• Emerald
6 minutes ago, Princess Kenny said:

Please stop talking about the hoarding thats not the point of this thread.

The point on this map is people who want too play a bushcraft/survivor style are left in the dirt.

It actually limits the variety of roleplay.

How does it limit though? I have plenty of friends who don't enter the city at all and strictly hunt/scavenge to survive. Plenty of people don't appraoch the city and it has a little of everything.