Server time (UTC): 2021-08-06 03:50

Dynamic Events - Contracts / Mutants
TODAY | 2021-08-06 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 15 hours, 9 minutes | Nyheim City

Einherjar (Group recruitment IC/OOC)

Dr Rex

• Sapphire
Posted (edited)

image.png.e4a40ce98620e52836884347179aa5dd.png
image.png.392791f23e0b7c54ae529e73925dc31b.png
———————————

Spoiler

———————————
image.png.d9aad0eb7226e62833b4f8082939b27c.png
———————————

As the world around them started to develop and alter back into some normality the scales of life started to even out, people once again returned to somewhat of daily life. Shops were built and homes made. This was a new beginning for the people that were craving to return to normal. “No more living in the woods” people cried out many expressed their delight and eagerness to get into a home that had a warm bed and a fire to keep them and their family warm for many years to come.

It was not too long until word spread around the region that a place was being built like this and many people packed their bags and spoke about it like it was made by the gods themselves. A gift from the all mighty all father and his warriors to keep us safe from the outside elements and the creatures that walked the earth they echoed. A seer once described the city as a walled-off fortress that not even the dwarfs from the far north in the snowy mountains could craft something so strong to even breach the gates.

But within the north in the snowy mounties, a camp that was led by a man named Arne heard the rumours of this city being built and wanted to see it for himself.

Spoiler

As the old world started to fall around the men and woman and a new way of life had to be crafted and reshaped by the strong. The old way of life now became the new way of life for most, living off the world around them and surviving like their ancestors many centuries before. Spears and axes became a mans best friend, and the woods became the hunting grounds for many men looking to feed their families.

The weak died within days, but the strong kept on moving forward and living off everything and anything around them. Arne's father lead one of the many camps that became well known within the region for their way of life and thinking. Arne’s father was seen to be a god amongst men because of his fast thinking and his way with words to lead and espier those around him.

He was a preacher of the old way of life, the way his ancestors once lived off the natural things around them, the things that he said were gifts from the gods. He spoke about Odin and his children and many knew what he was talking about, but many didn’t follow the ways of Paganism. But not long after being with him, he changed the minds of people and soon he grew a camp of hundreds of men and woman that now followed him. 

Many years passed, and the camp grew and grew and gained a reputation for itself. This reputation was not good and word spread of the horrors that came from Arne’s father. His leadership skills started to deteriorate over the years and he grew mad. Many of his people were turning away from the camp and sought out shelter elsewhere. The people that stayed with him were equally mad. Arne’s father went so deep into madness he put himself above the gods and started to not only stop thanking the gods and giving them gifts of herbs, rocks and animals he turned to his people and said that all gifts needed to be given to him.

Many people didn’t care as they still had a place to live and keep their family’s safe but soon after the gifts turned into pure evil and the warriors of the camp started to bring back people from other settlements and started to kill them and mark them with the runes of witchcraft. At this moment they took on the flag of the wolf. A strong creature that lurks within the woods stalking its prey until the right moment.

This didn’t sit well with the other camp leaders and soon word reached them and they declared that they would not help the flag of the wolf and instead kill them if seen by their borders. This lead to war for many winters between all the major settlements within the small area. This war lasted for a long time and in this time many trade routes from the camp were stopped and many farms and life stock was killed, leaving the people in the camp to live off nothing but apples and sometimes their pets.

The war came to a quick end on the day of battle as the other settlements came together and took to the gates and took over the camp within hours. Within this time Arne’s father taught everything to his son and told him to live on and spread the word of paganism and to never let it die out.

Arne knew that people saw his father as a mad king and that his death was soon to come and this was saw by many seers as he turned away from the gods and put himself above them. This lesson was engraved into Arne's mind and he told himself that he would never put himself above the gods but instead give them what they deserved.

———————————
image.png.383493eb72b77332d81141839e6dd7b0.png
———————————

Years passed and Arne was now all alone with no camp and no people to follow or call friends or followers. The words of his father's voiced echoed throughout the night calling out while he was in a light sleep. Arne thought this darkness was a punishment for his father betrayal to the gods and now he was suffering the fate of his father.

This drove Arne mad and the voices slowly started to make sense to Arne, instead of letting the voices hurt him he let them in by praying. He thought the gods were trying to tell him something, something that he needed to know for his destiny. 

As the day's turned into nights Arne would sit down in the woods and light a fire in the name of Odin and his children, and he began to kill the animals that he caught and paint the blood onto his hands, feet and face. Humming and the rattling of the bones that he cut out of the dead echoed into the woods, this was the first time Arne did this and afterwards, he felt closer to the gods and he now knew his purpose. 

One just like his father's path but with a twist. The gods told him to light a flame on the night of each 7 day that had passed and sacrifice something to us. But every night the gods demanded more. 

And this gave birth to the practice of the "Seven" 

As the seventh day came closer and closer to approaching Arne would feel the power from the earth get stronger around him. He would crush herbs in preparation and drink the elixir's that he made, this sending him into a dark sleep or into a trance where he would see the gods and walk in the valley of the dead with Hel. 

After seven weeks passed the final Seventh-day came and this day was marked as the "cleansing" in Arne's eyes as the gods brought him to a river far up north in the mountains. This is where the fire started to dance in front of Arne and this showed him his life and told the story of his death. 

He was taken back by what he saw but the gods told him that if he bathed within the pure-blooded river that was crafted by the giant Ymir he would be safe. Bathing in this river would give sight and great strength to those that were worthy enough to stand within. And those that were not would feel the dead begin to pull them into Niflheim. 

———————————
image.png.9d822d6850891a5f73cbd80a69b218e7.png
———————————

Arne is now at the stage where his father was but he has built something that is a lot more long-standing and he has created his own version of the Pagan religion. Brought in new ways to thank the gods and made special days and rules to follow so everyone knows what they are doing and how they are supposed to do it. 

He gained a following by it was a slow one, he only gained the following of the crazy and the weak-minded. The ones that were easy to torment and bring in to help aid the building of the new camp. But all of them seen this as normal as all of them were a bit crazy. 

The followers moved towards the river and stayed there, this helped them feel stronger and also gave them a source of water. And also gained them a holy place to pray and bring in new people. Their way of life changed when they start to follow Arne and his ways, From their dress code to how they did things. 

People were painted in specific colours, this would be on their arms, face and feet and sometimes even on their back. This would show who they were and what they did within the camp. Also, Arne introduced "holy creatures and items" These things were seen as gifts from the gods and could not be used/killed in any way. 

From this began a new era of Arne's vision for a new paganism but he didn't live for long to see what it would become.... 

As one of his followers was filled with greed and anger. Ragnar wanted his power and within the night killed Arne for his place to be the leader within the camp. Ragnar was already very popular and people saw him as the new leader if Arne ever died. 

The next morning when Arne's wife woke up and saw that her husband was dead she screamed for help.  Not knowing what happened to her husband she went to find help and there Ragnar was with a man in hand. 

This man had blood all over him and Ragnar said that he was the man to blame for the killing. As he saw the man running from Arne's tent late in the morning. Everyone believed Ragnar and killed the man for the killing of Arne. 

This now placing Ragnar in charge of the camp what would come from his new found power....
———————————
image.png.409c8f4e7de2aa7f933a1cc09acef9ff.png
———————————

Spoiler

Indefinite Goals

• Find new members to follow the way’s of the new Paganism ( Indefinite )
  • Find religious artefacts that are linked to the gods and keep them protected ( Indefinite )
  • Create religious text for people to follow and update pages of the religious book when needed ( Indefinite )
  • Create relationships with other Norse religious groups/people ( Indefinite )
  • Create a base to home the artefacts and the people that follow the faith ( Indefinite )
  • Maintain the secret locations of where sacrifices happen ( Indefinite )
  • Spread the word of the faith ( Indefinite )

Phase I

• Find and Secure holy locations and mark them with runes to ward off evil people and spirits (0/5) - ( Day100 )
  • Sacrifice animals and gift the god's goods to please them (0/100) - ( Day 200 ) 
  • Mark the north forest with protective spells and runes to keep people out ( 0/10 ) - ( Day 80 )
  • Create a safe place for open-minded people to learn about the faith ( 0/15 ) - ( Day 250 )
  • Cleanse people within the river nine up north ( 0/15 ) - ( Day 90 ) 
  • Recruit more members that are warriors and seers ( 0 / 10 ) - ( Day 150 ) 

———————————
image.png.03fd3bd71cbc28df76f162bd9048b927.png
———————————

Spoiler
  • Provide a unique sense of cult roleplay to the server 
  • Create a gateway for new and old players to explore a new type of roleplay 
  • Provide very immersive roleplay sessions
  • Help new members with roleplay and how to maintain a "hostile" but fun roleplay session with others

———————————
image.png.08eca4d2cd69303d2bff1d9a61a52871.png
———————————

Ragnar Torsten @Dr Rex

Elias McCulloch -  @Elias_413

Maximillian Marley @GucciOnFrozone

Sam Murdock- @Madlame
———————————
image.png.8410b74ac53cbd10111527249b32efdb.png
———————————
If your interested in joining the group then please message  @Dr Rex

Previous groups:
RP Experience:
Why would you like to join:
 Character Page (Once available):

Contributions:
@Dr Bradley - Lore and Graphics

@Dr Bradley- Group Goals

Edited by Dr Rex
  • Emerald
Posted (edited)

Looks good. Can't wait to meet u fellas ingame to talk about old norse gods : )

Edited by MaybeleleLR
  • Emerald
Posted (edited)

doctor who marvel GIF
Hmm interesting lore

Good luck i cant wait to see you ingame and speak of the gods 

Edited by ZedLR
  • Diamond

Going mythology here. I like it! Good luck! 

• Support

I ain't familiar with the Marvel Universe, so I cannot give feedback on that.

But the very first item on the group page have made me raise my brow. The use of the "valknut" rune in your group icon might be historically appropriate for such a group relating to Norse gods and such. But it also has a not so subtle and underlying meaning in the real world that is something I doubt the DayZRP community would like to be  associated with. Especially since the Twitch TOS rules had been introduced. And we have previous precedent of chaos ensuing around questionable group emblems. So I would recommend creating something unique and new for your group if possible.

• Diamond
1 hour ago, Isylon said:

But the very first item on the group page have made me raise my brow. The use of the "valknut" rune in your group icon might be historically appropriate for such a group relating to Norse gods and such. But it also has a not so subtle and underlying meaning in the real world that is something I doubt the DayZRP community would like to be  associated with. Especially since the Twitch TOS rules had been introduced. And we have previous precedent of chaos ensuing around questionable group emblems. So I would recommend creating something unique and new for your group if possible.

Just going to step in a defend the Valknut before someone gets the wrong info on it. The Valknut is not a symbol of that specific ideal you are speaking of, its the knot of the fallen and is on many Viking rune stones/grave stones, just because 1 group used it in a bad way once does not mean it itself is a bad symbol and it is a very important symbol to that of us norse pagans.

• Emerald
1 hour ago, Isylon said:

Ehm, i do recommend researching further as my boy @GrimLR here is saying instead. B4 any problems occur out of misinformation ❤️

• Support
35 minutes ago, GrimLR said:

Just going to step in a defend the Valknut before someone gets the wrong info on it. The Valknut is not a symbol of that specific ideal you are speaking of, its the knot of the fallen and is on many Viking rune stones/grave stones, just because 1 group used it in a bad way once does not mean it itself is a bad symbol and it is a very important symbol to that of us norse pagans.

As many other Norse pagan iconography had been taken out of context. You don't need to defend it. But we seen this going South last time when the Kolovrat was brought up by a different group in the past. Same story, it is used by Slavic pagans but also by malicious and hateful groups. So why should we allow one but not the other?

• Diamond
7 minutes ago, Isylon said:

As many other Norse pagan iconography had been taken out of context. You don't need to defend it. But we seen this going South last time when the Kolovrat was brought up by a different group in the past. Same story, it is used by Slavic pagans but also by malicious and hateful groups. So why should we allow one but not the other?

The Kolovrat incident was a very hair trigger event that happened to misconception and then how people reacted afterwards. This is a very different situation all together, what you are implying suggest we will start banning things like Christian and Islam iconography just because small groups inside these rather large religions have bad people. Listen I really dont want to clutter this thread with discussion over this, its a very important symbol to norse paganism and we really shouldnt be just banning symbols because a small group use it for bad things. You just let them win when you do that.

• Emerald
Posted (edited)

Well to add more upon that even if it might seem unnecessary, many norse symbols, even runes, have been associated with something questionable or someone questionable in the past, so according to thee logic we should be forbidding PLIKT’s symbol as well, which is even crazier. And I doubt there’d be any TOS repercussions.

Edited by Sword
  • Sapphire

@Duke After Reading your Feedback and Brain storming with @Dr Bradley we have come up with a new lore and goals.
The feed back given was much appreciated and taken into consideration so again i really do appreciate the Feedback!!

Enjoy!

• Game Master

Love the idea.
Good luck guys, hope to run into you in game!

• Administrator

Hello @Dr Rex,

You still only have four members on your roster. How is recruitment going?

• Sapphire
5 hours ago, Duplessis said:

Hello @Dr Rex,

You still only have four members on your roster. How is recruitment going?

Havent had anyone interested yet but looking to try find some members soon

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Hello @Dr Rex

It has been over a week since we last spoke and you still have only four members. And of those members, none of you are actively playing. Are you still motivated to carry on this idea?

• Sapphire
On 7/12/2021 at 5:01 PM, Duplessis said:

Hello @Dr Rex

It has been over a week since we last spoke and you still have only four members. And of those members, none of you are actively playing. Are you still motivated to carry on this idea?

With much regret I’m going to have to abandon the group as I’ve not got enough time in the current moment to run the group

• Administrator

Fair enough.

Archived.

If you want to bring this back, PM a Mod+.

• Duplessis locked this topic