Jump to content

Server time (UTC): 2021-08-03 12:12

Dynamic Events: "The Mutated.."
TODAY | 2021-08-03 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 6 hours, 47 minutes | Nyheim City

Limit the amount of placeable's


Banksyy

Limit the amount of placables  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Emerald

Pretty self explanatory, with fps already being as low as it is, i walk into the city to this community centre area, about 7 fucking tents, 2 camo nets, a couple walls, about 8 rifle safes and 2 food shacks placed down, it gives me literally 15 fps on a fucking 2070 Super and a ryzen 5 3600. Its literally daunting, so i simply propose that we either reduce the rate that these placeable items spawn or limit how many can be placed down in an area or by group etc.

feel free to debate. just a simple suggestion.

Link to post
  • Diamond

I love the look of all the placeables around the map! However I’m sure it effects performance, or it might idk. Might as well reduce it a little, cause there are A LOT.

Link to post
  • Diamond

Now we’ll truly see the difference between people who want to roleplay and people who want to make Fort Lootwhore.

Link to post
  • MVP

Thing is, some people place every object they find, and it fucks up with the server performance. There is currently fuck load of differnet kind of base building supplies around which is GOOD. But at the same time the stories I hear of liberated things and bases people have, just few days in. Well... I am a loot whore. But this is ridiculous. But, to strike back on the matter. Last night with 100 pop at community city center with about 20 players there and all them objects there, well. fps steady 89. 

Link to post
  • Emerald
29 minutes ago, IsaiahCortez said:

Thing is, some people place every object they find, and it fucks up with the server performance. There is currently fuck load of differnet kind of base building supplies around which is GOOD. But at the same time the stories I hear of liberated things and bases people have, just few days in. Well... I am a loot whore. But this is ridiculous. But, to strike back on the matter. Last night with 100 pop at community city center with about 20 players there and all them objects there, well. fps steady 89. 

98? was there yesterday when there was like 10 and had fps of 15 hahaha, same with today.. i hit 12..

 

Link to post

Frequently been in heavily populated areas where I do see lonely furniture hanging around, but my only lag is when I first load into the server. Beyond that I run pretty smooth - I use GTX 960 (which is pretty old considering),  you sure this isn't something specifically with your pc? 

That being said, I definitely don't doubt it does put stress on the server. 

Link to post
  • Emerald
1 minute ago, Drbeans said:

Frequently been in heavily populated areas where I do see lonely furniture hanging around, but my only lag is when I first load into the server. Beyond that I run pretty smooth - I use GTX 960 (which is pretty old considering),  you sure this isn't something specifically with your pc? 

That being said, I definitely don't doubt it does put stress on the server. 

Ive recently reset my pc, i literally have nothing but Warzone, dayz, minecraft and like 2 other games installed.

In the city i average around 50 fps, round places with lots of placed objects (community centre) i was literally getting 12 fps.

Link to post
  • Sapphire

Im all for limiting the placeables as inside the city the FPS is sometimes shit and sometimes not, and i'd rather that "sometimes" to not exist. This is also good especially for people with low-end PC's. So 1+ on this

Link to post

I think it should definitely be reduced. Like mentioned above the community center has so much stuff (some useful some totally not) that the fps drops down immensely (even on high end pc's). Some people also just place stuff they find which are unused containers and they take up performance.
 

+1

Link to post

Could have admins police the issue through Plikt outlawing "Shanty-like behavior". Clean up deployable buildings that do not serve a purpose or are obstructing traffic etc..The city is really the only location that needs attention, and the greater map would suffer from the reduction. I think passing a change across the board would be over-correcting if we didn't first consider other procedural and targeted solutions.

Link to post
  • Diamond

The placables have given the chance for some unique touches to roleplay, customizing your area (when dynamic) besides just tents/gates/etc. I've seen more people using open concept then people hiding behind walls with this. I do think objects in which area should be limited but I haven't struggled to much in these areas. I know theres a slight lag until it loads in, but besides that no real issues.

Reducing the spawn definitely could help stability. I've voted for reduce spawn, as limiting I'm on the fence about due to the fact that like a community centre could benefit from several of the placeable items.

Link to post
4 minutes ago, Nyxena said:

The placables have given the chance for some unique touches to roleplay, customizing your area (when dynamic) besides just tents/gates/etc. I've seen more people using open concept then people hiding behind walls with this. I do think objects in which area should be limited but I haven't struggled to much in these areas. I know theres a slight lag until it loads in, but besides that no real issues.

Reducing the spawn definitely could help stability. I've voted for reduce spawn, as limiting I'm on the fence about due to the fact that like a community centre could benefit from several of the placeable items.

That's the issue I'm finding as well, though the alternative would just mean more gamemaster work load in policing what counts as role-play appropriate buildings, interviewing owners before deletion etc etc etc. A problem cake with many many layers..

I wonder..is there a way to limit the spawn rates of these types of items within city limits? It would mean that the reduction would come through difficulty of collecting them directly in the problem area...

Link to post
  • Diamond

I'd leave it as is. Rely more so on the players to reduce lag. But I'm not against adding limits really. I think that would be difficult to enforce. 

Link to post

DayZ in itself is poorly optimized, I don't think it's hard to say that.  I got a fairly high end PC and quite frequently when I head into the western side of the city towards the community centre or bases 300 miles away from the city in a small building in the corner of the map, my FPS drops to less than 20. 

I feel like if you're gonna put something down, use it. There's so much stuff around that doesn't need to be there and it hurts.

 

please i don't see the need for 8 fast food stands 

Link to post
  • Diamond
1 minute ago, Azu said:

DayZ in itself is poorly optimized, I don't think it's hard to say that.  I got a fairly high end PC and quite frequently when I head into the western side of the city towards the community centre or bases 300 miles away from the city in a small building in the corner of the map, my FPS drops to less than 20. 

I feel like if you're gonna put something down, use it. There's so much stuff around that doesn't need to be there and it hurts.

 

please i don't see the need for 8 fast food stands 

This too. I do think people need to be smarter and only use what they need to use/or what works for what they are building.
Simply reducing what you use and condensing into a few items and having players do that might work, but that would require everyone to get on board.

Link to post
  • Developer

I’d remove most placeable things from spawning (a lot of the stuff clips map objects and looks silly) and add a hard limit to anything placeable. We all know how performance heavy they are. Not sure how hard it would be to implement.

Link to post
  • Moderator

On day 1 I had 100 FPS in the city in a 10v10 firefight on a full 100 slot server. Now I have about 20 frames because of all these stupid containers filled with absolute rubbish most of the time placed around the city in such a small area its not good for server stability. If you want to focus on server stability @Rolandremove these containers from the spawn table and have a trader dedicated to them or remove the mod entirely. That is the cause of lag on the server, nothing else. Map is insane @Kerkkoh❤️

Personally I believe the mod on a WHOLE should be removed.

9 hours ago, Squillium said:

Now we’ll truly see the difference between people who want to roleplay and people who want to make Fort Lootwhore.

Don't worry I have a backpack full of satchels and screwdrivers WE RAIDERS WILL reduce lag and liberate in the mean time.

If you see anything placed for no reason report it to GMs + so they can have them deleted and maintain good performance.

 

Take Novo tower which we raided yesterday, look at the state of this room -

there were like 3 rooms just like that in the middle of the city filled with legitimate garbage. Outside the city I wouldn't really care as much but in the city it is waaaay to taxing for players.

Link to post
  • Owner

I have increased restock time for MD and MSP items, this should lower the number of new items spawning and reduce their number overall.

Link to post
  • Diamond
Posted (edited)

Random thought, but is there maybe a way to turn off the storage on the placeable items? Like only allow say sheds/lockers/cabinets to have storage not absolutely everything? That could always solve the lag issue. Too many items being stored does cause lack of performance and if we take away the ability to storage a disgusting amount of objects, it might help but still being able to place some of these items still gives the opportunity to customize ones space?

Edited by Nyxena
Link to post
  • Diamond

If anything I'd say remove walls again and only have placeables. Then any and all loot can be stolen and used rather than hoarded, while you can still make cool little camps in the middle of nowhere or throw down some tents and slum shelters and stuff and make a cool little area that looks lived in and natural.

Link to post
  • Diamond

Remove those big stupid camo net things, I've seen at least 3 placed randomly of roads not being used, they don't even load it properly.

Link to post
  • VIP

With the amount that I've seen just randomly placed, it definitely needs to be limited. I've seen those giant camo nets clipping through so much shit, it's ridiculous. Sheds put inside walls, floating objects. I've been hunting for a screwdriver so I can try to take it all down every time I see it. 

Link to post
  • Emerald

So today I woke up made my cup of coffee. Hopped on my PC and went to DayZRP.com. Saw a topic about limiting the number of placeables. I thought to myself: “Can this really be that big of a problem?” and went to work on determining just that. Logged into the server, started walking through the city to have a look around. 

Made a conclusion: Yes it is a big problem.

In 1 hour of looking around the city, I found 30+ objects placed around randomly on the streets, clipped through walls, on top of trees, and LITERALLY FLOATING IN THE AIR. I dismantled most of these.

Here are some of the worst ones

600460285_DayZScreenshot2021_06.24-15_48_12_50.png.caa0796ec2da6c3c03143f353f72ca78.png339430205_DayZScreenshot2021_06.24-15_45_13_92.png.c2baa0fc224d3d9b4a6ce545b0ace7cd.png1645195079_DayZScreenshot2021_06.24-15_38_00_18.png.80b0a30516dc2352f4fc7a626fbf8f40.png2113107857_DayZScreenshot2021_06.24-15_35_05_68.png.1c45e6bb2debb36d64b177d0100b69fb.png2123300086_DayZScreenshot2021_06.24-15_27_32_44.png.d2c0a661bd9562748572b22f87cd2b7f.png1972742143_DayZScreenshot2021_06.24-15_21_01_54.png.c0beadac5d2292b138a2919b2ae5a3a3.png87960947_DayZScreenshot2021_06.24-14_43_51_79.png.bb9f4b66a42278a25fe4176a2c24ed22.png

After this, I also had a look at the FPS. Looked at a clip I had from the stress test a day before launch. I had anywhere from 80-120 fps anywhere in the city when there were +50 people in the server and that’s me playing on 2k resolution. 

Today, while looking around, I had 50-70 fps with 25 people on the server.

So yes, something needs to be done about this.

Link to post
  • Diamond
Posted (edited)
  • Maybe some IC enforcement of limiting storage in the city? No more than one locker per person.
  • No more than one door per building?
  • Or just add More Doors so we can get rid of expansion walls. 
  • Personally, all I need is one locker and that's it. And get rid of the medical tents. I've seen them a lot as well. There are hospitals and clinics all over the city. No need for them to be in the city. 
  • Maybe only lockers and furniture for storage in the city and tents and such in the country?

Just throwing out ideas. 

Edited by Crimson
Link to post
1 hour ago, Crimson said:
  • Maybe some IC enforcement of limiting storage in the city? No more than one locker per person.
  • No more than one door per building?
  • Or just add More Doors so we can get rid of expansion walls. 
  • Personally, all I need is one locker and that's it. And get rid of the medical tents. I've seen them a lot as well. There are hospitals and clinics all over the city. No need for them to be in the city. 
  • Maybe only lockers and furniture for storage in the city and tents and such in the country?

Just throwing out ideas. 

This could be a good way to limit things, of course rules could be made that bigger groups can have more storage or something but that a thing to work on.
Then again, even if this is not the way, i want moredoors back..

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...