Server time (UTC): 2021-08-03 11:31

Dynamic Events: "The Mutated.."
TODAY | 2021-08-03 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 7 hours, 28 minutes | Nyheim City

Nyheim Territorial Map

Hello! I saw a recent post about PLIKT using non-violent methods & KOS rights. The post included a map of PLIKT jurisdiction. This had me thinking - what are the claimed/actual jurisdictions of other groups? So I want to start by sharing the PLIKT map, and my perceived jurisdictions - I am hoping you guys who play more can provide feedback and perhaps even draw your own maps. In character I am trying to explore Nyheim, meticulously map the walls and openings, and find other Points of Interest. I found Dr. K with what I think was Skogarmaor, but I know there is MUCH MORE out there. Additionally, this map is only focused on Nyheim, I know there are outlying towns and even an airfield, so it would be helpful to know if people are trying to claim communities out here.

Anyway, thanks in advance for your feedback and contribution. Here is the first map:
PLIKTJurisdiction.png.482a9bf24946da158d23e2ab33cb8dd1.png

Here is a second map - It is very rough and probably not accurate, but basically im under the impression that West Nyheim is under Scrapper control, and east Nyheim has Skog presence. Again - I am posting this for feedback purposes, I am under the impression that I am probably misunderstanding nuanced lore & location information. Not sure the Boxing Ran is by Scrappers. Not sure Dr. K is associated with Skog. Also not really sure I pinned those locations in the right spot! Well anyway, take a gander, here's my first draft - let me know what you think, and what I should add!

ALLJurisdiction.png

• Diamond

I don't think that would be a good idea.  Then people would just look at the map... instead of finding out In game/ In Character  about that information for themselves. 

Make the map yourself, you can place markers. Its how I’ve been remembering trading locations.

1 hour ago, Bunnie said:

I don't think that would be a good idea.  Then people would just look at the map... instead of finding out In game/ In Character  about that information for themselves.

Reasonable sentiment. I guess im just sort of a cartographer. I see how it is unfair, but it also allows people to visit POIs more easily too! I am sure a trade/merchant will want their location known - free advertising and sales booster.

11 minutes ago, Gallowglass said:

Make the map yourself, you can place markers. Its how I’ve been remembering trading locations.

Yes, I am making it myself, just trying to crowd source some assistance. If you don't want to help, that's fine. If you have anything you wish to add, please share. If not - ignore this thread.

23 minutes ago, Stellaboy said:

Reasonable sentiment. I guess im just sort of a cartographer. I see how it is unfair, but it also allows people to visit POIs more easily too! I am sure a trade/merchant will want their location known - free advertising and sales booster.

Yes, I am making it myself, just trying to crowd source some assistance. If you don't want to help, that's fine. If you have anything you wish to add, please share. If not - ignore this thread.

What you’re doing is attempting to crowdsource metagame knowledge through the forums, thereby souring natural interaction and stifling interesting gossip. A territory map can be abused and the only reason Plikt has one is because it’s a server plot group used by admins to further the lore.

4 minutes ago, Gallowglass said:

What you’re doing is attempting to crowdsource metagame knowledge through the forums, thereby souring natural interaction and stifling interesting gossip. A territory map can be abused and the only reason Plikt has one is because it’s a server plot group used by admins to further the lore.

That's a very strong opinion. If lore masters or community managers recommend I take it down, then I will. In the past DayZRP maintained official maps, and it made sense because the map was massive. I guess Nyheim is smaller, so the efficacy of a map is greater. Still, I suppose we disagree. As I previously recommended, you should probably just ignore this thread.

• Diamond

like the idea but no, keep it all ic and off the forums 

Nah, all you need to do is create a marker on the map. You can tell other people IC about who lives where and they can mark it for themselves.

I think this could be done through writing on paper in game "MAP" -(Signed bla bla) and sending a map through someone's discord or steam, therefor you can skip past the possible metagaming depending on how you look at it. Maybe also add a thing here saying 'only read if you have the map' though not sure how that'd go either. I'd love to have the interaction with you in the game trying to sell/give out maps!

• Emerald

Yeah Scrappers might come around but the "West Side" is actually mine, thanks 😉 

• Emerald

Kinda fuck with it to be honest, those who are not that active can still get an idea of who owns what and who controls the most area.

Everyone metagames everything already, and its not like youre showing basecodes of all groups so i’d say go ahead.

16 hours ago, Gallowglass said:

I do not believe he is attempting to crowdsource metagame knowledge at all, I believe he has an idea, has put it forward and been notified of the issues that are regarding this. No need to come across like that.

I think this is a nice idea, maybe you could do this ingame via notes which *On this map you would see a map of the area and the territories owned.* //dm xyz on discord for the map.

As long as this is all done INGAME with INGAME knowledge it's a nice idea and I like it.

38 minutes ago, ImSpecies said:

Yeah Scrappers might come around but the "West Side" is actually mine, thanks 😉 

all my homies hate the city don't get it twisted 

• Emerald
2 minutes ago, Rickets said:

all my homies hate the city don't get it twisted 

I know y'all do, that's why I keep my hood in check so y'all don't have any problems there

• Diamond

Dont any of you get it twisted, heres the only map you need.

Spoiler

Nyheim.png.5396887aaa83adba0d549015e1c274aa.png

14 minutes ago, Craig said:

Dont any of you get it twisted, heres the only map you need.

Hide contents

Nyheim.png.5396887aaa83adba0d549015e1c274aa.png

Honestly even a response like this is more valuable and constructive than "STOPPP YOU'RE RUINING MY RP DESPITE NOT EVEN BEING ON THE SERVER!!!! REEEE"

At least this banter was witty and brought a smile to my face, instead of posing me as the anti-christ of RP for drawing a little map

No, what asking for territory maps in the forums does IS in definition metagaming. Now, if you need valuable and constructive excuses for this, go in-game, interview people, talk to groups and forge this map yourself in-game. THEN, when you meet people roleplay giving them a copy of this map, and post it here...that way some actual in-game effort it made to gather that information..

And as dramatic as you want to be, I didn't paint you as the anti-christ, I just opposed your opinion.

• Emerald

I agree with @neom and @Gallowglass

Make it ICly instead of these forum shenanigans.

Press M, then double Left Click. Very simple.

Its a good idea, but i think it should be left for everyone to figure out on their own.

• MVP

I'm not going to echo what the majority pretty much stated but I will say this isn't needed imo. Use the IG map, mark it, done 👌

• Emerald

Very cool map and nice idea to jot it down and interpret how the server goes.

Disregard all the negative feedback, if people meta game what you post on the forums that's their rule break not yours.

• Game Master
2 hours ago, Gallowglass said:

No, what asking for territory maps in the forums does IS in definition metagaming.

Somebody better tell all the FiveM servers that their illegal gangs/mafias are all metagaming then. 

On a serious note however, groups claiming territories is a tale as old as time, and personally I'd find a map of "Who-Claims-What" to be quite useful. As long as @Stellaboyfinds out the information IC first, then updates the map after, I don't see why this is such a bad idea. Funnily enough, one of my group's goals is to accomplish something similar, drawing up a charter that divides the city into territories so that the hostile group can focus on fighting PLIKT and not eachother 😎

You do you big man, like I said before as long as you find the information out in character and advertise the map in character I fail to see any issues.

I think the most critical and valuable feedback I have received is to gather all of my information, in character, in game. I plan to do just this. I will solicit information IC using radio forums, and by asking in game. I will develop a map for my own personal reference. Personally I like the concept of groups "claiming" land and jurisdiction, and I plan to map these nuances for my own recording. I will share my personal maps over time. If anyone is interested in sharing POIs to document, then we can meet in game, or perhaps respond to an upcoming IC radio discussion.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and considerations. Personally I am a map geek, but I see how this is a sensitive issue for the community. Therefore I'll be sure to gather my information in a way which does not confer meta knowledge without role play first.

• Diamond
24 minutes ago, Stellaboy said:

I think the most critical and valuable feedback I have received is to gather all of my information, in character, in game. I plan to do just this. I will solicit information IC using radio forums, and by asking in game. I will develop a map for my own personal reference. Personally I like the concept of groups "claiming" land and jurisdiction, and I plan to map these nuances for my own recording. I will share my personal maps over time. If anyone is interested in sharing POIs to document, then we can meet in game, or perhaps respond to an upcoming IC radio discussion.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and considerations. Personally I am a map geek, but I see how this is a sensitive issue for the community. Therefore I'll be sure to gather my information in a way which does not confer meta knowledge without role play first.

You could sell your maps in game to people and share that information you learned.   Open a shop for it or something.

4 minutes ago, Bunnie said:

You could sell your maps in game to people and share that information you learned.   Open a shop for it or something.

i know you would go for that! LMAO

• Elmo locked this topic