Server time (UTC): 2021-07-31 05:04

Lore Event - "The Scientists"
TODAY | 2021-07-31 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 13 hours, 55 minutes | Nyheim City

What was your first roleplay interaction like?

Cherrygamer

• Emerald
Posted (edited)

Hey all!
What was your first RP interaction like when you started playing on DayZRP?

When i started playing this March i was avoiding players for the first hour and a half but then i arrived on NW - Airfield.
I casually started looting there and when i started looting the tents on the end of the airfield i met a guy with a Russian accent telling me to shut up and keep my head low,
his name was "Vasily" @Niller.
I was very low on ammo and didn't have a great gun either and i think he was low on ammo too? We started crossing the airfield to find 3/4 of his mates but we got the attention of a big horde of infected.. He jumped in to one of the little doors on the side of one of the hangers while i kept running for my life.
Vasily opened the door and sprayed them all to a quick death.
We continued crossing the airfield until we'd met his buddies in one of the bigger hangers.
They started trading ammo, weapons, food and magazines and i was just staring at all the shit they pulled out of their bags.
Then they asked me to continue to walk with them for a bit and so i did just that.

We walked to the other side of the airfield, the side where the bigger barracks are, and there we met 2 other guys, one guy named Phillip (?Forum), i forgot the name of the other guy.
They told us there was a angry guy claiming the other small military outpost (MBVMC) South of NW - Airfield, the Russians told the guys to join and we headed that way to confront the guy.
When arrived at the outpost we didn't find anyone but we tagged along with now 6/7 man and started to walk to Green - Mountain because we heard shots and commotion coming from there.
At green mountain we've met 3 shady looking guys, we had a quick talk with them and then one of them took one of the Russian guys with him for a trade..
He pulled out a shotgun and shot him.

The group of 6/7 people we now had started to fire back at the group who had just initiated on us.. And there it happened.. 3 hours in and i had made my first kill on the server.
We killed the 3 guys who had initiated on us and started to talk about what the fuck just happened, we looted the bodies because i could use a lot of stuff as i didn't have that much yet.
We talked for a bit and decided to split up, the Russian guys would take their fallen friend to patch him up and the guy i can't remember the name of decided to go off on his own.
Phillip and i talked about our plans and decided we'd go together and make our way to the Berezino bar.
We walked for a long time and stopped in Cherno because it was 4AM at that moment for me, i was tired as fuck and went to sleep.

And that was my first RP encounter on the server, and boy it was a big one.

Edited by Cherrygamer
  • Emerald
Posted (edited)

My first one remains my favourite one, I whitelisted and didnt actually play on the server it took me a few weeks.

When I finally joined in on the fun, on a non textrp server. (seeing as I had previously RP'ed on persistent world mod for Mount and Blade: Warband).

I honestly picked the worst time out of anything to join. It was the infamous patch of Dayz Standalone back in 2014 that disallowed food to spawn, so you were greatly in need to hunt and cook food.

Do not ask me why but I remember that the cooking pot was incredibly valueable because of this, I think there wasnt a way to cook with sticks yet but its too long ago to perfectly remember exactly how it was. Regardless, cooking pot meant food and it meant living.

I spawned and was unable to find food altough everything else I had plenty, my friend had warned me that food was no longer common due to the patch so I walked everywhere. We met up close to Pavlovo Military base, to find ammo. I had but a pistol with 4 bullets and my friend only had a shotgun with 2.

When we entered we encountered a person, my first EVER, on DayzRP, that I wasnt OOC friends with. And he was holding something, unbelievably valuable in his hands.

A cooking pot! Now you have to understand, that thing was like seeing a mythical unicorn alright? It wasn't easy looting non military stuff back in the day, dont ask me why but it was a hassle, loot tables were complicated and the way the system worked meant you'd have to go to far out places people didnt got to find loot.

The Bohemia theory behind it was that it would keep people moving, if people frequented an area alot and looted it, the loot would spawn where people werent after awhile.

So finding the cooking pot... In Pavlovo military... on a person.... in a patch WITH NO FOOD. Boy, we started drooling on the floor as the two whitenames we were, that pot signified our survival in the harsh apocalyptic world that was that patch.

Without thinking and honestly without a chance to win a fight if it came to it, we told him to raise his hands and drop the cooking pot. It was, the whitenamiest thing till date I've done.  My mate grabbed the cooking pot and stuffed it in his backpack, we told the man we would kill him if he followed us and rushed off. All by all, a legit 5 second robbery and we only took the cooking pot, not his gun, not his massive backpack, not his vest.

His cooking pot. I didnt learn his name have no clue who he was, barely heard his voice.

But his cooking pot, we thrived on that, for the two full months that patch was on, we RP'ed daily, we hunted, we cooked with that cooking pot.

We shared the food we made with everyone we would find and because of this we avoided trouble, we didn't lose it either, everyone around us complained they died of starvation every hour and a half or so... But not us. We survived, and we shared.

All because of our whitename 5 second robbery, over the most ridiculous object you could think about... A cooking pot.

Thank you for coming to my TedTalk, my name is RedSky and I used to be a whitename.

Goodnight everybody.

Edited by RedSky

Mine is not a nice one, sadly:

Was in a small village when I met two guys. Had a nice chat until one of them suddenly offered me money in return for Sex. I said no but they kept following me. His friend said I was ungrateful for declining this offer and he himself acted all offended, saying he didn't understand me rejecting him and that has so much money after all. I told him I don't care, that money in the current state of the world is only useful as kindling and told them to leave me alone.

I started to feel really uncomfortable and tried to get away but they ran after me, screaming, then raised their guns and initiated.

Long story short they tied me up, took me into a house, screamed at me if anyone knows where I am. They took my radio, tortured me, then left me alone, saying they hoped I "learned" my lesson.

Shortly afterwards I received a pm on my DayZRP, one of the guys reaching out to me regarding the RP.

We talked in discord for a bit. They said they wanted to make sure I'm ok. The talk went fine, I carried on.

Back then, I didn't think too much of it and was also still a bit under shock. I told myself it was just RP and as I was still getting familiar with the rules, I didn't feel confident enough to frame anyone with what had happened.

So much for my first experience I guess...

I stayed away from the DayZRP for a while. I only played again when my friend that showed me the server in the first place asked me to, and we had a lot of fun.

I love this server but I almost left back then. Was not a nice experience. I stayed because of my friend and because of the good encounters I made afterwards, but if I think about it today, I still feel really awful.

The people weren't whitenames but active community members whose names I still have in my inbox, people that should have known better and justified their behaviour with their "bandit" characters.

Sorry it's a bit of a depressing story, but I made so many great friends and encounters afterwards and am happy to be here, and happy I stayed.

3 hours ago, RedSky said:

My first one remains my favourite one, I whitelisted and didnt actually play on the server it took me a few weeks.

When I finally joined in on the fun, on a non textrp server. (seeing as I had previously RP'ed on persistent world mod for Mount and Blade: Warband).

I honestly picked the worst time out of anything to join. It was the infamous patch of Dayz Standalone back in 2014 that disallowed food to spawn, so you were greatly in need to hunt and cook food.

Do not ask me why but I remember that the cooking pot was incredibly valueable because of this, I think there wasnt a way to cook with sticks yet but its too long ago to perfectly remember exactly how it was. Regardless, cooking pot meant food and it meant living.

I spawned and was unable to find food altough everything else I had plenty, my friend had warned me that food was no longer common due to the patch so I walked everywhere. We met up close to Pavlovo Military base, to find ammo. I had but a pistol with 4 bullets and my friend only had a shotgun with 2.

When we entered we encountered a person, my first EVER, on DayzRP, that I wasnt OOC friends with. And he was holding something, unbelievably valuable in his hands.

A cooking pot! Now you have to understand, that thing was like seeing a mythical unicorn alright? It wasn't easy looting non military stuff back in the day, dont ask me why but it was a hassle, loot tables were complicated and the way the system worked meant you'd have to go to far out places people didnt got to find loot.

The Bohemia theory behind it was that it would keep people moving, if people frequented an area alot and looted it, the loot would spawn where people werent after awhile.

So finding the cooking pot... In Pavlovo military... on a person.... in a patch WITH NO FOOD. Boy, we started drooling on the floor as the two whitenames we were, that pot signified our survival in the harsh apocalyptic world that was that patch.

Without thinking and honestly without a chance to win a fight if it came to it, we told him to raise his hands and drop the cooking pot. It was, the whitenamiest thing till date I've done.  My mate grabbed the cooking pot and stuffed it in his backpack, we told the man we would kill him if he followed us and rushed off. All by all, a legit 5 second robbery and we only took the cooking pot, not his gun, not his massive backpack, not his vest.

His cooking pot. I didnt learn his name have no clue who he was, barely heard his voice.

But his cooking pot, we thrived on that, for the two full months that patch was on, we RP'ed daily, we hunted, we cooked with that cooking pot.

We shared the food we made with everyone we would find and because of this we avoided trouble, we didn't lose it either, everyone around us complained they died of starvation every hour and a half or so... But not us. We survived, and we shared.

All because of our whitename 5 second robbery, over the most ridiculous object you could think about... A cooking pot.

Thank you for coming to my TedTalk, my name is RedSky and I used to be a whitename.

Goodnight everybody.

God I love this. Imagine how confused the guy must habe been after getting held up for a damn pot, nothing else.

Great story and nicely written.

Hail the cooking pot! 

• Emerald

Mr. @Robo found me by a campfire after I had beautifully managed to avoid any interaction with people for the first 2 days of being whitelisted. We talked for a bit and then he took me for a drive around Chernarus and by the end of that ride we were at Svetlo. There I met @TheBishop, @Dren and someone called Jade and went for a walk with them towards Berenzino.

After a restart, a few kilometers of walking, and a couple of clown jokes, we arrived at the hospital where I met the amazing people of Asclepius which was the first group I ever joined. 

You 4 gave me an amazing introduction to RP and I’ve been hooked ever since. A huge thanks to all of you.

• MVP

If I recall I was somewhere around Kab and I got approached by an self proclaimed racist English dude who tried to radicalise me, being a Brit myself I was given a pass but I'll always remember how random that felt considering how I was a whitename who believed I was walking into a stereotypical walking dead type RP environment.

• Lore Master

I combat logged

• Support

I broke someones arm without permission then went on to break his other one, he rped it out like a champ and later let me know about the rules

• Emerald
1 hour ago, Harsardie said:

Mine is not a nice one, sadly:

Was in a small village when I met two guys. Had a nice chat until one of them suddenly offered me money in return for Sex. I said no but they kept following me. His friend said I was ungrateful for declining this offer and he himself acted all offended, saying he didn't understand me rejecting him and that has so much money after all. I told him I don't care, that money in the current state of the world is only useful as kindling and told them to leave me alone.

I started to feel really uncomfortable and tried to get away but they ran after me, screaming, then raised their guns and initiated.

Long story short they tied me up, took me into a house, screamed at me if anyone knows where I am. They took my radio, tortured me, then left me alone, saying they hoped I "learned" my lesson.

Shortly afterwards I received a pm on my DayZRP, one of the guys reaching out to me regarding the RP.

We talked in discord for a bit. They said they wanted to make sure I'm ok. The talk went fine, I carried on.

Back then, I didn't think too much of it and was also still a bit under shock. I told myself it was just RP and as I was still getting familiar with the rules, I didn't feel confident enough to frame anyone with what had happened.

So much for my first experience I guess...

I stayed away from the DayZRP for a while. I only played again when my friend that showed me the server in the first place asked me to, and we had a lot of fun.

I love this server but I almost left back then. Was not a nice experience. I stayed because of my friend and because of the good encounters I made afterwards, but if I think about it today, I still feel really awful.

The people weren't whitenames but active community members whose names I still have in my inbox, people that should have known better and justified their behaviour with their "bandit" characters.

Sorry it's a bit of a depressing story, but I made so many great friends and encounters afterwards and am happy to be here, and happy I stayed.

Damn thats fucked, hopefully (those) people know better now.. Happy you made a lot of new awesome encounters and glad you are back!
That kind of RP only needs to happen with both parties giving consent before the matter, not after.

Have fun making more awesome stories!

4 hours ago, RedSky said:

Goodnight everybody.

This is honestly amazing xD

• Developer

I saw a man 'dancing' on the roof of the northern firestation in Elektro. He had music in his head. I logged off soon after in frustration at the quality and went to the bars. 

Who Knows Reaction GIF

• Lore Master

It was me stumbling into @Millieyears ago building up what used to be the Toymakers base.

• Diamond

I met @Strawberryat NWAF and I had mild panic

• Diamond

Fifteen minutes after the first time I logged into the server, I found a crashed car with 3 dead bodies in it and immediately proceeded to cut them up for their loot, driving the car all of half a mile down the road before burning the engine out because I had no idea what I was doing. A little while later, @Shikaka, the first actual human I ever ran into in DayZRP found me on the highway with a few of his friends.

Once I made it to Zelenogorsk the first person I ran into was @Jade, but she was mostly occupied with gathering inhuman amounts of wood and nails for the Toymakers base (for the second time, iirc). @SofiaWGwas actually the first person I sat down and had a long conversation with.

12 minutes ago, Duke said:

It was me stumbling into @Millieyears ago building up what used to be the Toymakers base.

I remember this! It's always strange to me later on that I was the first person you met, because it seemed like you've always been kind of a fixture wherever I've been playing at one time or another.

• MVP

First roleplay back in 2015 was meeting @Jamieat green mountain while him and the rest of the wolves were looking for their missing friend (Spartan I think) and I just remember feeling super intimdated by how good everyone was at roleplay and I was just there literally RP'ing for the first time lol.

• MVP
2 hours ago, HarveyLR said:

stereotypical walking dead type RP environment.

When I joined that's what I thought too. 😞 

• Emerald

Me and @Earl were eachothers first rp interaction, stayed friends since 🙂

he is a cutie

1 minute ago, Banksyy said:

Me and @Earl were eachothers first rp interaction, stayed friends since 🙂

he is a cutie

Aww GIF

I enjoyed the little rp we had at the supermarket the other day. Just next time, dont die so quick so i can rp more with u.

you are also very cute

• Legend

Pretty sure i got intimidated by the Reapers back in 2015. They threatened to blow my kneecaps out if I didn't deliver a message to Timmy Dedrick about his trade business. 

Fun times back then 🙏

• MVP

My first interaction on the server was being kidnapped by @Sylvester Todd, @Diamond and the gang for some shenanigans in the woods. They took me and another guy and I ended up killing him with a pipe for my freedom. slava 2016

• Emerald
47 minutes ago, Azu said:

I'm pretty sure that the first one I remember was cooking food in a garage with @Infernoand @MaybeleleLRwhilst all of us dressed like whitenames and I had no idea what was happening - running the game at 8fps. Was great.

Was this at NWAF like 2 years ago ? if so yes i do remember that, and i also remember inferno telling me after getting to know him that you two talked about robbing my shit. 😂

• Sapphire

I got robbed by @RonnieLRand @Woodzieon NWAF. I combat logged under the guise of a emergency. 

Posted (edited)

I spawned in Cherno found a barrel carried it over a field. Saw two people and freaked out thinking to hide in the middle of the field behind the barrel, somehow DayZ heard my desire to vanish and glitched me inside the barrel. The two people approached and looked at this random barrel standing in the field. I had a second panic attack thinking "omg would this be avoiding RP?" So I kind of stood up, which made it in game look like as if I jumped out of the barrel. I was the barrel girl from then on.

@The Marshal They ask me all those typical survivor questions checking that I wasn't nuts and took me into their group. I was wondering the way up to their place, if they would try to eat me or not but apparently I ran into the only good group at the time. Was fun and the barrel glitch never happened again after.

Edited by GreenySmiley

The first RP scenario that I can remember was back in 2018. I was in Pogorevka just looting, then saw a guy running past me with an entire horde of infected behind him. He eventually died and I went to gather his loot. After a couple of minutes his friend ran into the city and saw me walking around with his friends loot. He told me to stop and give him the AK that I had just found. I was stupid enough to give him that rifle and within a couple of minutes the same guy that had just died returned to get his loot back.

They told me that I could walk with them, not realising this was just another way to rob me clean. I followed them into the woods and there they robbed me. Punching me for no good reason and trying to engrave shit onto my skin with a knife. After that they had left me for dead making me count to 100 until I could free myself.
During the punching I basically gave very bad rp since I didn't know how to react to this.

At the time I did not record my gameplay and I didn't know the specific details of the rules. Luckily I did continue playing and have received many great roleplay experiences.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to mention the persons that have given me this experience due to... ehhh.. let's say rules....