Server time (UTC): 2021-08-04 22:11

Dynamic Events - PLIKT / Contracts
ONGOING | 2021-08-04 21:30:00 (server time) | Ends in 18 minutes | Nyheim City

Appeal NVFL/KOS - 5 Days

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

Why the verdict is not fair: It almost seems as if they did not read over my explanation and also said that the one thing was implied in the rules when it was not

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:

While I understand the ruling completely, it was not a clean situation, I still do believe I was in the right of my actions.

I had no idea there were 7 people, my guys actually told me nothing other than we were being raided, upon waking up all I could see were the 2 in front of the garage that turned out to be 3 from Timberwolf's video, what I cannot see I shouldn't be punished for.

For the invalid kill, I understand I logged in after the fight was over, and in common sense the rule is that I have to re-initiate, but the actual rule states "4.2 When your life is at risk or you are subjected to a hostile action by other players you are allowed to defend yourself. This is granted by "kill rights" that last for 1 hour. Kill rights are gained by players who are within audible range of the initiation or who are directly affected by hostile action that doesn't require initiation, for example stealing. Approved groups share kill rights to all group members online during the initial hostile action."

"... OR who are directly affected by hostile action that doesn't require initiation..."

"... that doesn't require initiation..."

When I read that I think, okay, i'm being raided, I don't know how many, what they look like, and there are a couple guys peeking into my garage trying to take down the barbed wire, that's pretty hostile and I was more than right to shoot where I only could see 2 people. His video does show that there were a hell of a lot more than 2, but I couldn't had known that since they were out of my sight and I could not hear them.

To sum it all up
Invalid Kill - I killed Timberwolf in the manner that 4.2 can clearly be interpreted as, he was doing a hostile action that is followed up by the words "doesn't require initiation"
NVFL - What I cannot see, I cannot make a decision on. I had no prior info to their numbers, I only saw 2, I took the chance to even the odds, turned out that 2 was actually 3 and 3 turned into 7 as the rest ran out of the building as I could not see nor hear the people that were inside the building until they ran out after i had already shot.

To address the 4.1 being broken by me, its impossible to not have broken that as the raiders wore no armband or outfit when they raided us the first time, and the same the second time. When a group is less than 25 meters from our base, peaking into our garage, dressed similarly to the raiders, only guess I can make is they're one of them.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: I would like for my character to be un perm killed and also either a shortened banned or it removed all together

What could you have done better?: I don't fully know as i followed the rules. i would say value my life but within the video you could see i am on top of a roof which used to b e a second floor of my base until they blew it up so i couldn't even see the other raiders.

Edited by Bear Alpha
  • Administrator

Greetings,

After some investigating and taking a look at the logs and video provided in the report the admin team has decided to DENY your appeal. As seen in the logs, it took 42 seconds from when the server registered you loading in to the headshot made on the victim. There is no sign or audio hearing that you have made the people aware that you are the owner of the base and told them to stop what they are doing. Due to this action not being taken you were not given any rights to defend your base which makes your kill invalid. To add in, clearly seen in the video there were around five people after the death of Timberwolf who could be visibly seen and heard moving/speaking right below where you were killed. You were in an open location with no cover except a wooden floorboard, surrounded, and outnumbered by the friends of a man you killed. 

With that being said,
APPEAL DENIED

Signed by: @Inferno & @Duplessis