Server time (UTC): 2021-08-06 03:02

Dynamic Events - Contracts / Mutants
TODAY | 2021-08-06 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 15 hours, 57 minutes | Nyheim City

S1 - KOS/Ghosting/NVFL

Timberwolf

• Emerald
Posted (edited)

Server and location: Nyheim, East outside of the city ( 038 top, 031 sides )

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 06/20/21 Around 18:40 server time

Your in game name: Lazlo Jaros

Names of allies involved: Anttoni Karjalainen ( @Nonplayer) and Karl Lundgren ( @Knight)

Name of suspect/s: @Bear Alpha

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): N/A 

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot):  My shadow play was off due to some retarded Nvidia glitch. No video evidence on my behalf. Someone in there should have video evidence of what happened there.

Detailed description of the events: Me and my fellow friends heard a on-going firefight somewhere outside of the city and we decided to investigate. I approached first while my friends stayed outside, once we realized it was our family friendly Scrap Rats raiding it, we attempted to interact as they seem to have be friendly towards us. After a little bit, me and my friends regroup and let it be known of our presence while we talk, watching our heroes murdering bandits in their crack den. One of the heroes tells us that we should see if there is a way into the warehouse because there is a car waiting for anyone in there! It was our special moment to make our friends proud by providing them with gear from the warehouse hoarders!

BUT! Something unexpected happened! A bandit has been summoned from thin air on top of the warehouse and decided to protect his warehouse from us, the fellow people just standing on the door trying to study a way in!!!!! He instantly started shooting at us fearless like he was the protagonist of some war movie. I instantly get snapped away from the first bullet the man fires and that made me confused for a good couple of seconds thinking I probably have died from some weird glitch as it certainly wouldn't happen for a solo warrior to fight off a army of 10+ and shot at the innocent bystanders. He dies shortly after ending my life!

Edit: Part of this post is being removed due to a misunderstanding, my apologies to the accused party. Unreliable source of information provided us with wrong information!

Edited by Timberwolf
  • Sapphire
Posted (edited)

Hello i will edit this post tomorrow as it's late right now, but this will include my POV.

Edited by Knight
  • Community Manager

Hold your horses on the POVs.

• Game Master

Connection Logs:

Spoiler

14:38:19 | Player "Lazlo Jaros" is connected 
18:48:17 | Player "Lazlo Jaros" has been disconnected

18:41:43 | Player "Max Copperfield" is connected 
18:48:17 | Player "Max Copperfield" has been disconnected

18:08:29 | Player "Anttoni Karjalainen" is connected 
18:48:17 | Player "Anttoni Karjalainen" has been disconnected
18:54:26 | Player "Anttoni Karjalainen" is connected

18:08:06 | Player "Karl Lundgren" is connected
18:48:17 | Player "Karl Lundgren" has been disconnected
18:52:01 | Player "Karl Lundgren" is connected 

Hit Logs:

Spoiler

Lazlo Jaros -

Spoiler

18:42:25 | Player "Lazlo Jaros" (DEAD) (pos=<3799.7, 1995.3, 10.7>)[HP: 0] hit by Player "Max Copperfield" (pos=<3791.0, 2015.1, 13.0>) into Head(0) for 65 damage (Bullet_357) with Repeater Carbine from 21.7804 meters 

Max Copperfield -

Spoiler

18:42:25 | Player "Lazlo Jaros" (DEAD) (pos=<3799.7, 1995.3, 10.7>)[HP: 0] hit by Player "Max Copperfield" (pos=<3791.0, 2015.1, 13.0>) into Head(0) for 65 damage (Bullet_357) with Repeater Carbine from 21.7804 meters 

18:42:35 | Player "Max Copperfield" (pos=<3795.0, 2012.4, 13.0>)[HP: 91.1996] hit by Player "Karl Lundgren" (pos=<3806.2, 2004.8, 9.7>) into LeftLeg(9) for 35.0919 damage (Bullet_12GaugePellets) with Benelli M4 from 14.0052 meters 

18:42:36 | Player "Max Copperfield" (pos=<3793.7, 2012.6, 13.0>)[HP: 32.8117] hit by Player "Karl Lundgren" (pos=<3805.0, 2005.5, 9.7>) into Head(0) for 29.2432 damage (Bullet_12GaugePellets) with Benelli M4 from 13.679 meters 

18:42:37 | Player "Max Copperfield" (DEAD) (pos=<3793.7, 2013.3, 13.0>)[HP: 0] hit by Player "Karl Lundgren" (pos=<3804.2, 2005.5, 9.7>) into Head(0) for 29.2432 damage (Bullet_12GaugePellets) with Benelli M4 from 13.4785 meters 

18:42:37 | Player "Max Copperfield" (DEAD) (pos=<3793.7, 2013.3, 13.0>)[HP: 0] hit by Player "Karl Lundgren" (pos=<3804.2, 2005.5, 9.7>) into Head(0) for 29.2432 damage (Bullet_12GaugePellets) with Benelli M4 from 13.4785 meters 

18:42:37 | Player "Max Copperfield" (DEAD) (pos=<3793.7, 2013.3, 13.0>)[HP: 0] hit by Player "Karl Lundgren" (pos=<3804.2, 2005.5, 9.7>) into Brain(37) for 29.2432 damage (Bullet_12GaugePellets) with Benelli M4 from 13.4785 meters 

18:42:38 | Player "Max Copperfield" (DEAD) (pos=<3792.1, 2012.6, 13.0>)[HP: 0] hit by Player "Karl Lundgren" (pos=<3802.9, 2007.3, 9.7>) into RightLeg(3) for 35.4593 damage (Bullet_12GaugePellets) with Benelli M4 from 12.4839 meters 

18:42:38 | Player "Max Copperfield" (DEAD) (pos=<3792.1, 2012.6, 13.0>)[HP: 0] hit by Player "Karl Lundgren" (pos=<3802.9, 2007.3, 9.7>) into RightLeg(5) for 35.4593 damage (Bullet_12GaugePellets) with Benelli M4 from 12.4839 meters

Karl Lundgren - 

Spoiler

18:42:35 | Player "Max Copperfield" (pos=<3795.0, 2012.4, 13.0>)[HP: 91.1996] hit by Player "Karl Lundgren" (pos=<3806.2, 2004.8, 9.7>) into LeftLeg(9) for 35.0919 damage (Bullet_12GaugePellets) with Benelli M4 from 14.0052 meters 

18:42:36 | Player "Max Copperfield" (pos=<3793.7, 2012.6, 13.0>)[HP: 32.8117] hit by Player "Karl Lundgren" (pos=<3805.0, 2005.5, 9.7>) into Head(0) for 29.2432 damage (Bullet_12GaugePellets) with Benelli M4 from 13.679 meters 

18:42:37 | Player "Max Copperfield" (DEAD) (pos=<3793.7, 2013.3, 13.0>)[HP: 0] hit by Player "Karl Lundgren" (pos=<3804.2, 2005.5, 9.7>) into Brain(37) for 29.2432 damage (Bullet_12GaugePellets) with Benelli M4 from 13.4785 meters 

18:42:38 | Player "Max Copperfield" (DEAD) (pos=<3792.1, 2012.6, 13.0>)[HP: 0] hit by Player "Karl Lundgren" (pos=<3802.9, 2007.3, 9.7>) into RightLeg(3) for 35.4593 damage (Bullet_12GaugePellets) with Benelli M4 from 12.4839 meters 

18:42:38 | Player "Max Copperfield" (DEAD) (pos=<3792.1, 2012.6, 13.0>)[HP: 0] hit by Player "Karl Lundgren" (pos=<3802.9, 2007.3, 9.7>) into RightLeg(5) for 35.4593 damage (Bullet_12GaugePellets) with Benelli M4 from 12.4839 meters 

Kill Logs:

Spoiler

2021-06-20 18:42:25 ::: Character Lazlo Jaros (Timberwolf |) killed at X:3799.7, Y:1995.3 by Max Copperfield (Bear Alpha |) with Repeater Carbine from 21 meters

2021-06-20 18:42:37 ::: Character Max Copperfield (Bear Alpha |) killed at X:3793.7, Y:2013.3 by Karl Lundgren (Knight |) with Benelli M4 from 13 meter

Position Logs:

Spoiler

Lazlo Jaros -

Spoiler

18:38:11 | Player "Lazlo Jaros" (pos=<3823.8, 1999.1, 9.7>)

18:43:11 | Player "Lazlo Jaros" (pos=<1201.0, 3462.5, 50.7>)

Karl Lundgren - 

Spoiler

18:38:11 | Player "Karl Lundgren" (pos=<3824.8, 1999.6, 9.7>)

18:43:11 | Player "Karl Lundgren" (pos=<3797.1, 2011.1, 9.7>)

Anttoni Karjalaien -

Spoiler

18:43:11 | Player "Anttoni Karjalainen" (pos=<3799.3, 2010.2, 9.7>)

Calling in the following people to post their Point of Views & any video evidence they may have:

Allies:
@Knight| Karl Lundgren | - POSTED

@Nonplayer| Anttoni Karjalainen | - POSTED
Accused:

@Bear Alpha | Max Copperfield | - POSTED

If either party wishes to talk out the situation in voice feel free to contact any of our staff team, and we can mediate a talk between both sides.

I have no video of this interaction.

POV: I was sleeping peacefully on the second floor of our airlock, when I received communication that we were being raided. As I was not available exactly at the time, as soon as I got home, I woke up. I had not heard anything from the other guys as I assumed this was after they had been killed so I did not know if the fight was over yet. As I woke up, the walls in the second floor were missing presumably from the explosives that had been used (hindsight and knowledge now that we were all killed I am able to put two and two together after talking with the rest of the guys about what happened). Anyways, as I looked out of our new giant window, I saw two people who looked like they were trying to break in and steal from the warehouse by boosting, in an area that is an active fight/raid on going from my understanding. When seeing this, I took a shot at one of them, killing him, thinking 2 v 1 is not out of the odds for a fair fight as I did not have eyes on any of the other raiders and with the rest of my party out of action from inside the base, I would have had no idea if there was any more than the ones I had eyes on.  As I first shot, I did not realize that I had killed him, and thought that a second person running to cover was the man I had shot. As I waited, I was rounded on by a man with a shotgun and got killed. Now, the fine people who raided us yesterday that decided they wanted to come back did not have any identifying marks on them that we had seen, the important part with this is that there would have been no way for me to identify the difference between these people trying to break in and the people who had already broke in from my knowledge.

Now, let me get into the meat and potatoes:

While not part of the initial group, you do admit that you were there with them later and started to take part in what was going on. You even admitted that you were going forward in order to steal from the base which is a hostile action.

Looking at rule 4.2 I will bring the attention to this :

"4.2 When your life is at risk or you are subjected to a hostile action by other players you are allowed to defend yourself. This is granted by "kill rights" that last for 1 hour. Kill rights are gained by players who are within audible range of the initiation or who are directly affected by hostile action that doesn't require initiation, for example stealing. Approved groups share kill rights to all group members online during the initial hostile action"

"...kill rights are gained by players who are within audible range of the initiation OR who are directly affected by hostile action that doesn't require initiation, for example stealing..."

"...for example stealing..."

While I do understand that it is a bad situation and not exactly too happy, this does happen when you join in on an ongoing raid where there are hostile actions going on. Especially when there is nothing to set you apart, and you are partaking in stealing for your own profit from others hard work in "Their crack den". I do understand that tempers may be high here, however, your entire response is directed towards a group and is seen by myself as very Flame Bait-y in referencing myself and the members of our group.

So going off of what was directed towards in your report:

NVFL- From my perspective, this was a 2 v 1 fight that I could make into a 1 v 1 easily.

Ghosting - Where I logged off, this was an enclosed area that had no access to the outside. I had no idea that the walls on top would have been gone as there would be no reason to destroy walls if they were just going into the base. I was also not told about the giant hole. I did not log off to use this position as an advantageous PVP position when I logged off last night

Alongside Ghosting, Please let me refer you back to the rules:

2.5 Ghosting is the act of abusing the mechanics of logging in or out of a server to gain an advantage over other players. For example, sneaking into an enemy base and logging out with the intention of logging in later when they are offline to get past base defenses, logging out near a location where your allies later initiate hostilities to log in behind enemy lines or switching to an alternate character to avoid repercussions for your actions or use anonymity to your advantage. This rule does not apply to players logging in inside their own home base.

Let's go further in:

This rule does not apply to players logging in inside their own home base.

I feel like there is no more to say on that matter as the rule does not apply here in the first place

KOS- As you integrated yourself into the situation, and even admit that you were attempting to continue to destroy and rob, while wearing no identifying markings, and basically becoming a dynamic group with the raiders, you became part of the ongoing hostilities.

I will only respond if an admin calls me in as the initial post was very Flame Bait-y and has OOC information basically calling the group that I was running with and living with as trolls, and cheaters.

As far as the accusations of  other rule breaks that the OP decided was important to add in on his "OOC talk" with the Scrap Rats, saying that we are Trolly RP and apparently rulebreakers in the fight yesterday, Dogmeat talked with AndreyQ to see what this was all about. Dogmeat has told me he is willing to show the entire transcript of their conversation to a T to the admin group but I feel that this does not have to be put out in public on this form. When asked about this, this was AndreyQ's response.

Capture.PNG

This information was shared with AndreyQ's Approval

The addition of this in the report alongside the entire way the report was laid out was extremely unprofessional and seems very much bait to try and paint our group in a bad light. It is distasteful and not what I would expect out of community members on this server.

Again, admins, if anything is needed, please let me know. Otherwise this is my POV and will not respond otherwise

Edited by Bear Alpha
  • Emerald

Hello DayZRP roleplayers.

My POV:

Me and my group members have heard an outgoing firefight. We waited out a bit and decided to investigate arriving with one hand up to signify we are not hostiles. We find out the people engaged in the firefight are Scrap Rats who are friendly towards us. We stand around there for a while observing the outgoing situation until we are approaches by one of the Scrap Rat members and told there is a car inside and we should do a bit of engineering to get the gate open. We proceed to do the engineering and boost up to dismantle the barbed wire. While in the process of state of the art engineering my group member @Timberwolfgets shot by a man. My other group member @Knightthen begins gunning down the man who shot @Timberwolf .

Evidence video: 

• Sapphire

Hey Knights POV here:
The video is quite clear and shows what happend.

Me and @Timberwolfand @Nonplayerheard a few shots close to us and decided to investigate.
 I went down to the compound, with my friends, spoke to Scrap Rats who told us about a car/loot inside the compound.

We walked up to the gate and were still investigating the gate and how to get in, when the shot fell and hit/killed timber.

At this point of time no damaged/thievery was done towards the gate/compound by us or any content inside of the compound nor had we any interactions with the person shooting at us or his group.

I ran for cover, and rushed out to kill the man.

I will not respond to any posts other than staff.

• Game Master

Summary:
After a firefight that takes place between members of the Scrap Rats and The Family, within The Family’s compound, Lazlo Jaros(@Timberwolf) , Karl Lundgren (@Knight), and Anttoni Karjalainen(@Nonplayer) enter the compound as they are on somewhat friendly terms with the Scrap Rats. The two parties begin to scavenge through the liberated compound and Lazlo quickly springs into action with his trusty screwdriver. Around this time, Max Copperfield (@Bear Alpha) awakens after hearing some grumblings from his radio and decides to paint the compound gate with Lazlo’s brain matter. Karl, having watched his friend topple lifeless to the floor, devolves into a whirlwind of rage/bullets and makes light work of Max, leaving the rest of the collected ensemble to loot in relative peace.

Verdict:

@Bear Alpha | Invalid Kill on Sight - GUILTY - The server logs show that you logged in four minutes after the fight had concluded, and you then made the choice to invalidly kill Timberwolf on sight. This kill was deemed invalid as, yes they were in the process of breaking into your base, however the rule has always been that you still have to announce yourself to them and ask them to stop. If they refuse, then you have the right to start shooting, not silently logging into the server and immediately killing the first person you see. For this reason, you have been found guilty of Invalid Kill on Sight. 

Spoiler

4.1 All initiations and hostile actions as well as their demands and conditions must be made clear and unambiguous to all involved players. Hostile actions or initiations must be done personally and on specific targets who must be aware who the attacker is, for example they cannot be done remotely through radio or PA system.

4.2 When your life is at risk or you are subjected to a hostile action by other players you are allowed to defend yourself. This is granted by "kill rights" that last for 1 hour. Kill rights are gained by players who are within audible range of the initiation or who are directly affected by hostile action that doesn't require initiation, for example stealing. Approved groups share kill rights to all group members online during the initial hostile action.

@Bear Alpha | No Value For Life (NVFL) - GUILTYAs we can see in the video, there were a total of seven (Lazlo, Karl, Anttoni + 4 Scrap Rats) people inside your base, four of which were involved in the initial firefight and three that were actively raiding your base. Therefore, you logged into a situation where you would have been 1 vs 7. Why you made the decision to immediately start blasting is troubling, we hope you learn from this and that we don’t see a repeat.

Spoiler

3.3 Your character must behave realistically and appropriately to the different situations you participate in, keeping the current world situation and context of post-apocalyptic world in mind. Do not act in a way that indicates no value for your characters life and survival. For example, attempting to kill people when heavily outnumbered, excessively talking back or insulting someone when taken hostage, or knowingly running into an area of active hostile engagement when not involved in the fight. Characters found guilty of breaking this rule will be permanently marked as dead.

@Bear Alpha| Ghosting - NOT GUILTYA clear decision here, this is simply not ghosting, as the rules around ghosting don't apply when you're logging into your own base.

Spoiler

2.5 Ghosting is the act of abusing the mechanics of logging in or out of a server to gain an advantage over other players. For example, sneaking into an enemy base and logging out with the intention of logging in later when they are offline to get past base defenses, logging out near a location where your allies later initiate hostilities to log in behind enemy lines or switching to an alternate character to avoid repercussions for your actions or use anonymity to your advantage. This rule does not apply to players logging in inside their own home base.

Outcome:

@Bear Alpha - Invalid KoS & NVFL - 5 Day Ban, 15 Warning Points, and Character (Max Copperfield) Permanently Killed

Signed - @Queerios, @PaulB, & @Bear

• Queerios locked this topic