Server time (UTC): 2021-08-06 03:04

Dynamic Events - Contracts / Mutants
TODAY | 2021-08-06 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 15 hours, 55 minutes | Nyheim City

Turn off/on Nyheim ambient music

Keira

Add ability to turn nyheim sound effects on and off  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• MVP
Posted (edited)

I understand the intent of the ambient music is to make the city seem more "lively" but it gets super loud some times when you're trying to talk to people and seems unrealistic that you'd have people blaring music in these bomb areas and areas where there are infected that it would attract and especially with limited resources and electricity it doesn't make sense.

Give us the ability to turn it off please. 

Edited by Keira
  • Diamond
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Keira said:

I understand the intent of the ambient music is to make the city seem more "lively" but it gets super loud some times when you're trying to talk to people and seems unrealistic that you'd have people blaring music in these bomb areas and areas where there are infected that it would attract and especially with limited resources and electricity it doesn't make sense.

Give us the ability to turn it off please. 

Yes. We should have the ability to turn it off. It might already be in game under audio and something like effects? But that would also turn off the police sounds and other effects. I would recommend just move away from the DJ and talk with them somewhere else? 

Edited by TheBishop
  • MVP
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, TheBishop said:

Yes. We should have the ability to turn it off. But that would also turn off the police sounds and other effects. I would recommend just move away from the DJ and talk with them somewhere else? 

Only for it to follow you to the next area? Its everywhere. Im also okay without the siren and police effects, since having sensory issues with such sounds it really hurts my ears and makes it hard to hear anything over them, regardless of how loud/soft they are they will always out weigh whatever sound I am actually trying to focus on.

edit: Ive messed with the audio settings, nothing seems to effect them.

Edited by Keira

Greetings @Keira,

You must follow the Suggestion Rules Guidelines when presenting a suggestion. What you are missing is a poll with a Yes and No as choices to also understand how the community sees this suggestion.

As for the suggestion itself, my opinion is that pressing P removes all the background noises that distract you from roleplaying.

• MVP
10 minutes ago, Woodzie said:

Greetings @Keira,

You must follow the Suggestion Rules Guidelines when presenting a suggestion. What you are missing is a poll with a Yes and No as choices to also understand how the community sees this suggestion.

As for the suggestion itself, my opinion is that pressing P removes all the background noises that distract you from roleplaying.

Added my poll. I dont want to remove all background noises, Im fine with the standard dayz noises and they are not as loud or immersion breaking.

• Diamond

I dont understand the music or the sirens, seems a bit random. I get what its trying to do but not everyone hears it at the same time so it just seems like some people are insane 😅

Id like to be able to remove them, theyre a bit distracting for me, personally. I dont want them gone though, just the option to deafen them i guess.

I originally thought Sirens were a dynamic object, until I localized the source to one of those broken down vans with the lights still flickering. I was pretty dissapointed and I do wish they could be turned off, they don't really add to roleplay since they're client-side and you can't bring the siren sound into roleplay, it is literally just a weird ear candy that should have the ability to be turned off.

Edited by Nuxramma
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Taffinator said:

Press "P" to mute unneeded outside noise. Far easier than fannying about adjusting etc.

Like the good community member @Taffinatorsuggested here ^, pressing 'p' on your keyboard puts in the earplugs and makes everything around you more quiet. You can also adjust the volume of it when it is activated by using page up page down.

• Emerald

Again, no.

its there for ambience and to make it seem  as if the city is highly populated and has lots of people living in it.

• Diamond

Yes, only because I don't personally like the songs. Now if you played some Matchbox 20 or Red Hot Chilli Peppers or Foofighters, then I'd enjoy it. 

Or maybe some music from Fallout 4. 

• MVP
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Banksyy said:

Again, no.

its there for ambience and to make it seem  as if the city is highly populated and has lots of people living in it.

Ambience? This isnt fivem. This is the post apocalypse, 50 years after the outbreak. There is no realistic reason why there would be sirens or music. I would expect those things in a GTA server, not dayz. Emergency services with dedicated machinery and ambulances (that arent military ran or maintained) wouldn't be functioning at this point. Electricity is a scarce resource and surely wouldn't be wasted on unnecessary things. There's better sound options to capture the ambience of a post apocalyptic city that's more fitting to the tone the lore was leaning towards.

Edited by Keira
  • Legend

For the first time, I agree with Keira. Was very confusing for me joining the server and hearing music randomly. I'd be running towards it in attempts to make friends and be met with a locked door. Bad experience with the ambient music

• Emerald
22 minutes ago, Keira said:

Ambience? This isnt fivem. This is the post apocalypse, 50 years after the outbreak. There is no realistic reason why there would be sirens or music. I would expect those things in a GTA server, not dayz. Emergency services with dedicated machinery and ambulances (that arent military ran or maintained) wouldn't be functioning at this point. Electricity is a scarce resource and surely wouldn't be wasted on unnecessary things. There's better sound options to capture the ambience of a post apocalyptic city that's more fitting to the tone the lore was leaning towards.

Have you read the map lore??????????? lol its meant to be like that.

• Sapphire
28 minutes ago, Keira said:

The city has full electricity powered from the hydro dams in the area, the music and sirens could be from a plethora of things. Instead of just asking it to be removed use what is already available. P for earplugs.

• Diamond

honestly, I’d like to be able to turn it down without having to sacrifice hearing everything else.  Just muting everything, but voip is not the answer.  I do enjoy some of the ambient noise provided by the map, but it gets loud some times and I already have issues hearing footsteps, gunshots, and beeping satchel charges that almost kill me.  

if there’s no way to do this or set this up for us to do independently, fine, I’ll deal.  I always do.  

• Diamond
Posted (edited)

I have to throw my chip in with the 'client-side ambient noises worth commenting on detract from immersion rather than adding to it' pile. Why would PLIKT be using sirens?  Most of the city is inconvenient for vehicle travel, there are infected everywhere that would be flooding the unwalled sections because of it and probably wandering in through the many secondary ways around the wall. The music in the residential areas kiiiinda makes sense, but the fact that it's client-side makes it the complete opposite of immersive. Most of the time if someone comments on it, there won't be any music at all playing for me or there will be completely different music than they're talking about.

As far as earplugs, I do like to be able to hear zombies and footsteps and distant shots.

It's a cool idea, but in practice it doesn't really add to immersion at all and it's distracting and unrealistic.

Edited by Millie
  • MVP

Personally I like it but I see why some might not enjoy it so an option to disable it might be nice if possible.

I'd like it if it had more variety. When your base has two separate places playing the same song at different points it gets really annoying.    

• MVP
18 hours ago, Banksyy said:

Have you read the map lore??????????? lol its meant to be like that.

Yes, I read the lore. Which is why I still hold my opinion that electrical resources wouldnt be wasted.

18 hours ago, Rickets said:

The city has full electricity powered from the hydro dams in the area, the music and sirens could be from a plethora of things. Instead of just asking it to be removed use what is already available. P for earplugs.

As I said above, I never asked for it to be removed, simply the OPTIONAL ability to turn it off, leaving those without disabilities able to enjoy it. Inclusion is always nice. P for ear plugs so you cant enjoy the game at all is not viable.

• Diamond

Doesn’t feel anything like the apocalypse, more like bootleg fivem. Take it out. City isn’t big enough to warrant constant sirens either.

6 minutes ago, Keira said:

Yes, I read the lore. Which is why I still hold my opinion that electrical resources wouldnt be wasted.

As I said above, I never asked for it to be removed, simply the OPTIONAL ability to turn it off, leaving those without disabilities able to enjoy it. Inclusion is always nice. P for ear plugs so you cant enjoy the game at all is not viable.

The lore is like 5 two to three sentence paragraphs spanning over a fifty year period. I assumed it's meant to be opened ended. At least I hope that's why.  

• MVP
Just now, Sgttater said:

The lore is like 5 two to three sentence paragraphs spanning over a fifty year period. I assumed it's meant to be opened ended. At least I hope that's why.  

Open ended but still able to make the reasonable assumption that when resources are limited they go to priority things and not unnecessary things.

2 hours ago, Keira said:

Open ended but still able to make the reasonable assumption that when resources are limited they go to priority things and not unnecessary things.

There is definitely a suspension of disbelief that I'm willing to agree with, but some of it is so far it's just too far out there.

Edited by Sgttater

I feel like the sirens are not very realistic because its not like there are ambulances or police driving around.
The music in the apartments on the other hand are still realistic and within the lore. There is electricity and u can't really keep people from having fun.
I feel like there should be a option to remove the music for people that really don't like it but it should not be removed.
+1