Server time (UTC): 2021-08-01 03:51

PLIKT -- O-Squad Patrol -
TODAY | 2021-08-01 19:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 15 hours, 8 minutes | Nyheim City

Honoring our fallen friends

Keira

• Titanium
Posted (edited)

I totally support this ❤️  @Josh was a dear friend.

Edited by Griffin
  • Diamond

Completely agree. This would be awesome! I just hope it wouldn’t get abused for some stupid reason. 

• MVP
2 minutes ago, TheBishop said:

Completely agree. This would be awesome! I just hope it wouldn’t get abused for some stupid reason. 

That's why only Rolle would be able to do it, Im sure he wouldnt let trolls ruin something that is meant to be special and hopefully the title is not something that needs to be given often.

• Sapphire

I miss @Joshalso support this @Keira

• MVP

I don’t see why not, +1

• Head Admin

+1 I like this idea

• Sapphire

+1 

Good idea Keira!

• MVP
Posted (edited)

Yes please. Rest in peace @Josh and @DatTurtleGone way too fucking soon 💔 

Edited by Phoenix
  • Diamond

@DatTurtle❤️ Never did get that ride buddy 
I like this idea

Turtle did have a motorcycle helmet in game - is that still part of the loot on the new map?

• Diamond

Are we referring to a tag for players who have died in real life? If so, I agree with this. +1

• MVP
6 hours ago, FaeLR said:

@DatTurtle❤️ Never did get that ride buddy 
I like this idea

Turtle did have a motorcycle helmet in game - is that still part of the loot on the new map?

I understand where you're coming from with that, I think, to "retire" the item, but I don't think that's necessary and I'm sure he'd want others to enjoy the item as well.

2 hours ago, Crimson said:

Are we referring to a tag for players who have died in real life? If so, I agree with this. +1

Yes, that's what I am referring to. Our fallen friends gone too soon ❤️ 

• Legend
Posted (edited)

I spoke to Rolle aaaaaaaaages ago about giving Josh a higher rank (MVP/VIP/Legend etc.) to commemorate not just the extensive time he gave to the community as a staff member but to honour how much of an honest, down to earth, kind and beautiful human he was along with the impact he left on everyone he interacted with.

If I recall correctly I got shut down with something along the lines of "You should know the criteria for the different ranks" and then ignored 😞

Edited by Conor
  • Diamond

100% agree with this. +1

• Titanium
2 minutes ago, Conor said:

I spoke to Rolle aaaaaaaaages ago about giving Josh a higher rank (MVP/VIP/Legend etc.) to comemorate not just the extensive time he gave to the community as a staff member but to honour how much of an honest, down to earth, kind and beautiful human he was along with the impact he left on everyone he interacted with.

If I recall correctly I got shut down with something along the lines of "You should know the criteria for the different ranks" and then ignored 😞

Thats a fucking yikes right there.

I miss Josh, he was a good guy and was a close friend. Honouring the players that have been and gone is a really good gesture.

• MVP
16 minutes ago, Conor said:

I spoke to Rolle aaaaaaaaages ago about giving Josh a higher rank (MVP/VIP/Legend etc.) to comemorate not just the extensive time he gave to the community as a staff member but to honour how much of an honest, down to earth, kind and beautiful human he was along with the impact he left on everyone he interacted with.

Josh was the most amazing and kind hearted person there was, one of my first friends in the community who welcomed not just me but ANYONE with open arms. I suggested a new, different role than one already place so that way the role criteria is simply "Community member who has passed away" and we are able to honor them, Josh especially as an ex-GM who did so much for the community and should have his name honored and remembered.

• MVP
1 minute ago, Keira said:

Josh was the most amazing and kind hearted person there was, one of my first friends in the community who welcomed not just me but ANYONE with open arms. I suggested a new, different role than one already place so that way the role criteria is simply "Community member who has passed away" and we are able to honor them, Josh especially as an ex-GM who did so much for the community and should have his name honored and remembered.

I second this. He was always welcoming to me and always inclusive to all people, new and old members of the community, etc.

• Sapphire

I am behind this idea 100 percent. I think this would be a very nice thing to do, and don't see a reason not to have it.

Sometimes the people we meet online, and in game become just as close as in real life friends, if not in real life friends themselves, it would be a kind thing to do to commemorate them here.

Plus 1.

• MVP

@Rolandcan we please get an update on this at some point?

• Emerald

I support this suggestion 100%.

I might not have known the people that others have mentioned above, but i think they deserve to be remembered for what they have done for others and the community.

It's the absolute minimum we can do for those whose lives have sadly been stripped away from them, and seeing the support this has gotten makes me a little more happy inside.

+1

• 3 weeks later...
  • MVP

Just wanted to post that this thread still exists and I hope it gets implemented.

RIP Jersh and DatTurtle!

• Emerald

i agree

In Memoriam for the fallen soldiers

• Diamond

As someone who has lost plenty of "online friends" And has gone to several of their IRL funerals and it was the first time me and others met each other and the deceased parents family or IRL friends it meant the world to show the support I think gaming and online stuff means so so much to all us I am all for this +1 @HoferIDK how but bust this shit through it would be nice for those gone way too soon.